Is Purchasing an Annual Pass Right for Me?

HoneyBee1991

I did the math on this and figured out just based on ticket prices, it does make financial sense for me to get an annual pass based on my two Disney trips this year.

My first trip is a magic your way package we booked with the free dining package. I would like to wait until I am on my trip before I upgrade to the annual pass for myself. (My fiance won't be going on the second trip so it doesn't make sense to upgrade for him).

Can someone explain how to do this without messing up the discount we got?

Last edited:

Chagnee

Hi! I was at WDW for a week earlier this month. I also had a Magic Your Way package - with free dining and a 6 day park hopper.

On my first park day, I went to the Ticketing Office at Liberty Square (MK) and asked about upgrading to an annual pass. The cast member said he was unable to do so and that I had to check with my resort in order to keep my free dining.

For some reason, I found that a bit weird. So I stopped by Guest Relations at Disney Springs later that day. The cast member there said it was no problem at all: it took her less than five minutes to upgrade my 6 day park hopper to an annual pass. I kept all my (free) dining credits and my fast passes.

Smooth sailing! No idea on what the cast member at Magic Kingdom based his information.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Hi! I was at WDW for a week earlier this month. I also had a Magic Your Way package - with free dining and a 6 day park hopper.

On my first park day, I went to the Ticketing Office at Liberty Square (MK) and asked about upgrading to an annual pass. The cast member said he was unable to do so and that I had to check with my resort in order to keep my free dining.

For some reason, I found that a bit weird. So I stopped by Guest Relations at Disney Springs later that day. The cast member there said it was no problem at all: it took her less than five minutes to upgrade my 6 day park hopper to an annual pass. I kept all my (free) dining credits and my fast passes.

Smooth sailing! No idea on what the cast member at Magic Kingdom based his information.

Huge thanks for this! I really appreciate your help 😊

Upvote 0

threvester

I did the math on this and figured out just based on ticket prices, it does make financial sense for me to get an annual pass based on my two Disney trips this year.

My first trip is a magic your way package we booked with the free dining package. I would like to wait until I am on my trip before I upgrade to the annual pass for myself. (My fiance won't be going on the second trip so it doesn't make sense to upgrade for him).

Can someone explain how to do this without messing up the discount we got?
I just did this 2 weeks ago. On my 2nd day I went to guest relations just outside the MK. It is to the right right after bag check. We were on free dining with 10 day hoppers with the waterpark add on.Upgrade cost just over 400 per ticket. While you can do it any time during the trip, I suggest doing it early because Memory Maker becomes active as soon as you upgrade.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I just did this 2 weeks ago. On my 2nd day I went to guest relations just outside the MK. It is to the right right after bag check. We were on free dining with 10 day hoppers with the waterpark add on.Upgrade cost just over 400 per ticket. While you can do it any time during the trip, I suggest doing it early because Memory Maker becomes active as soon as you upgrade.

Thank you! I do have memory maker added to my package. Am I correct in thinking I should cancel that off to save money on the package because then I can get it free with the annual pass?

Upvote 0

threvester

Thank you! I do have memory maker added to my package. Am I correct in thinking I should cancel that off to save money on the package because then I can get it free with the annual pass?
If you are getting the annual pass definitely cancel the memory maker. It is activated as soon as you upgrade. Just be aware any photos taken prior to the purchase are not included.Thats why you want to upgrade as soon as you can.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom