Pre-Trip Is it really better down where it's wetter? I'll find out soon enough.

50 days now until I leave my small home in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and head for the Sunshine State.

Leaving on Tuesday at 7:30pm I'll be arriving at MCO just a few hours later on Tuesday 9.05pm leaving me wondering what happened to the other 24 hours I spent sitting on the plane.

Hoping to get to my resort CBR via DME before midnight so that I will be rested enough to be up bright an early on Wednesday where I'll be racing to the Magic Kingdom as fast as the Disney Transport can take me.

Day 1:
Have fast passes for Peter Pans Flight / 7DMT / Space Mountain with a plan to spend the morning doing the more popular rides while the queues are short and then spend the afternoon doing less popular rides in the afternoon.

After the park closes I'll be heading to the Polynesian for Dinner at Ohana.

Day 2:
Thursday morning it's Epcot day. Heading straight for Test Track then using a FP+ on Soarin, then make my way through the World Showcase with FP+ interruptions for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space.

Dinner at Corel Reef followed by Illuminations.

Day 3:
Hollywood Studio's on Friday (hopefully Mickey's Sorcerer hat won't have been removed by then) with FP+ for Tower of Terror (which I'll be riding a lot that day I think), Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre which will be a rather unique experience as I don't recall there ever being a drive-in theatre over here.

Day 4:
Animal Kingdom - Fast passes for Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari's and The Festival of the Lion King (not sure if a FP+ is needed for that but wasn't sure what else to use it on). Then heading to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's my first ever Character meal, which has me somewhat nervous about.

Day 5:
If my legs are still working its going to be a morning of Resort hopping - I really wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge on my trip but the difference between the CBR and WL was $2000 USD so couldn't justify it. Followed by an evening at Downtown Disney enjoying having dinner and hopefully not being dinner at T-Rex.

Day 6: Busch Gardens maybe...or Typhoon Lagoon if the weather is warm enough. Dinner at Shutters.

Days 7 & 8: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Dinners at Raglan Road and 1900 Park Fare ( another potentially awkward Character Meal )

Day 9: Back to MK hopefully the Character Meals have worked and I'm now relaxed enough to meet Tinkerbell with a FP+, then back to the rides with FP+ on Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion.
Dinner at Akershus (oh boy).

Day 10: Spending the morning at DHS using FP+ to ride Star Tours, ToT (again) and RnRC. Then we'll see where the world takes me for the afternoon. Dinner will be at Tokyo Dining just in time for Illuminations.

Day 11: A mostly free day to do whatever I feel like then of to MK for the Afternoon to use FP+ Enchanted Tales with Belle, 7DMT, and Meet Anna and Elsa (should hopefully be completely over my irrational fear of meeting characters by now). Then Dinner at Crystal Palace.

Day 12: Another mostly free day and then again back to MK in the afternoon. FP+ for 7DMT ( I'll probably change this for something else I think ), Meeting Cinderella & Rapunzel, then meeting Tink again with the hope she has a new friend with her. I'm not sure what to do about dinner any more as it is going to be Super Bowl Sunday and I'm caught between staying at the Parks and enjoying very low crowds or taking in the Super Bowl experience somewhere.

Day 13: Last full day in the World, no plans for the day but heading back to DHS for the evening for dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe then watching Fantasmic.

Day 14: Up early for rope drop at MK and going straight to Splash Mountain which is open after its refurb and I managed to get a FP+. Then back to the resort to pack my things and head home.

With Christmas and New Years in the way 50 days feels like a lifetime away.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Sounds like a fun plan. Why are you so nervous about meeting characters! if I may ask? I personnally am quite shy but seeing them made me feel so happy! I showered Winnie with "I love yous", and I'm not even into the character, lol.
It's going to be there soon!

DisneyKiwi

Original Poster
Sounds like a fun plan. Why are you so nervous about meeting characters! if I may ask? I personnally am quite shy but seeing them made me feel so happy! I showered Winnie with "I love yous", and I'm not even into the character, lol.
It's going to be there soon!

A pinch of social anxiety, a sprinkle of (ir)rational thinking, I'm sure I'll get over it once I get there just need to embrace my inner child again.

JoeCamel

One suggestion, on your Islands of Adventure day spring for a park to park ticket and ride the Hogwarts express over to Diagon Alley. You will be impressed even when you have the background from The Lord of the Rings to look at every day. You would not want to come around the world and miss that attraction.

DisneyKiwi

Original Poster
One suggestion, on your Islands of Adventure day spring for a park to park ticket and ride the Hogwarts express over to Diagon Alley. You will be impressed even when you have the background from The Lord of the Rings to look at every day. You would not want to come around the world and miss that attraction.

Thanks, I hadn't planned to get a park to park ticket but I will now.

You will have tons of fun! and I agree with @JoeCamel You should upgrade your ticket! Also why are you scared about a Character meal? They are so fun!

Answered in my reply to Sudcaro above. I am expecting them to be fun hence getting ADRs for them but it's hard to push away the thought I don't belong as I won't have kids with me.

Ember

Day 5:
If my legs are still working its going to be a morning of Resort hopping - I really wanted to stay at the Wilderness Lodge on my trip but the difference between the CBR and WL was $2000 USD so couldn't justify it. Followed by an evening at Downtown Disney enjoying having dinner and hopefully not being dinner at T-Rex.

We're staying at CBR, saw a trip report on here with Wilderness Lodge and decided to do a split stay with two nights at Wilderness and the rest at CBR. It was the only way we could justify it. Looking forward to your trip report to see if you make it there and how it compares to CBR!

mrdrift

Those are some wonderful plans for the coming trip. Have a magical time. Will be watching for the trip report.

DisneyKiwi

Original Poster
Well the wet NZ summer didn't end up being as wet as predicted and ended up rather the opposite.

Longest Tuesday ever. Probably end up being 28-29 hours. With 20 hours of that sitting on a plane. Can't wait to use my legs again.

Flew over Dallas at least I think it is Dallas. I'm somewhere over Louisiana now.

coachwnh

Well the wet NZ summer didn't end up being as wet as predicted and ended up rather the opposite.

Longest Tuesday ever. Probably end up being 28-29 hours. With 20 hours of that sitting on a plane. Can't wait to use my legs again.

Flew over Dallas at least I think it is Dallas. I'm somewhere over Louisiana now.

Hope you have recovered from the flight and you are enjoying your stay!

mrdrift

To spend 20 hours on a plane to get to Disney World means you are a true Disney Fan. Have a wonderful time at the parks were you will use your legs by walking many miles each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom