Is Fulton's crab house really that bad??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never had a problem with quality there I have just found the price to be a bit high and the quantity to be a bit low. However, the same can be said for nearly every high end seafood restaurant.

KeithVH

Agree with Yoda. We've eaten there 8,9 times in the last 15 years. Always a lunch (traditional arrival meal) but we've never had a bad experience. Service hasn't always been as good as the food (more that it's slow than bad) but never something you could even really complain about. Just like many other places, your experience will depend on your server. That can make or break any dining event.

FLRick

W've also eaten there several times, always at lunch, and enjoyed the food very much. The service can be a little casual, but living in Florida, we have found that is rather common.

kybred72

Original Poster
Really happy and relieved to read these positive comments about the place! Will get to try it for myself in 6 days!!! :sohappy:

BillyBuff

Service is TOP-NOTCH! We were there on 9/7/2011 and a few times within the past 3-4 years too.

Food? AWESOME! Well except for this last time we went. Maybe it was one of their off days because I have been here a few times and never had something that wasn't satisfying.

Had the conch fritters and this time is was a bit harder than the last time I have eaten it. I think it was refried at least two or three times prior?

I had a whole 1.5 lb lobster and it was great! It was fresh except for my wife's. She said her lobster had a weird texture so I tried it and I can tell it was previously frozen. :shrug:

Never had this experience before so it was definitely their "off" night. Even the table next door had her steak returned to the kitchen at least 3 times. She wanted medium rare and it came out "black & blue"..too raw for her taste. The next time it came out medium..too cooked for her taste and finally the third try, it was perfect. I overheard her say it was like "butterly good".

Oh, the blue crab & lobster bisque....it was AWESOME!!

Plus we tried the milk chocolate creme brulee and that was great too! :slurp:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We had a very nice meal there in June. Every course was excellent, the service attentive and informative and my margaritas nicely mixed.

The price was the usual Disney mugging but other than that I have no complaints.

Polydweller

We had a very nice meal there in June. Every course was excellent, the service attentive and informative and my margaritas nicely mixed.

The price was the usual Disney mugging but other than that I have no complaints.

While I agree that Disney prices are high in this case it's a bit of a bad rap. Fulton's, Portobello, and Wolfgang Puck Cafe are all owned by Levy Restaurants, not Disney. To answer the OP, we have always had great experiences at all the Levy properties.

Monorail Lime

It was pretty empty the few times we went there for lunch and it seemed like the waitstaff wasn't trying very hard. Our dinner experiences were much better.

tracyandalex

we also love fulton's. we do feel it's a little overpriced so we don't go as often as we'd like. we've never had a bad experience though. oh and another vote for the bisque (sp?)

obrienIII

I took my nephews there for dinner Monday night 9/19. My oldest nephew ordered the snow crab and lobster tail and he enjoyed it. In his words " the seafood tasted great, but expected a larger portion for the price. My youngest nephew had the ribs and loved them. They were hanging off the plate. I had the Fulton's Trio (Wahoo, shrimp, and crab cake), very tasty but wished the portions were larger. After the Tables in Wonderland discount, our meal for the three of us was $133. Enjoyed the meal, but probably will be one of those every other trip meals. Raglan Road has better value for the money, and the food is awesome!

jlevis

A must do place for us when we're at Disney. The lobster bisque is excellent. We've eaten lunch and dinner and both have been first rate. Several years ago I hosted a gala dinner for a convention there and Fulton's received rave reviews. As mentioned it is a Levy restaurant not Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom