is all star movies a good first vist resort

Tabitha1308

Original Poster
Im planing a trip may 2015 for my sons 5th birthday. I have been to Disney world many times but never stayed at a resort. Is all star movies a good first time resort for two you children (ages 5 &2). And . Tips on first time resort stays would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ginadee

I loved AllStar Music. I stayed in the Broadway section which was farther back. It was a very pretty walk and in kind of a peaceful section. A less crowded pool in the back as well.

Tinkerfan4ever

We loved the All Star Movies! The rooms are pretty basic, 2 full size beds, a bathroom and a mini fridge. The resort grounds are the best. Larger than life Toy Story, Dalmatians, Mighty Ducks, etc. You didn't mention if you are getting a preferred room, but if you do the Toy Story section is my favorite. If you don't get a preferred room, then I like Mighty Ducks. It has its own pool and is a very short walk to All Star Music. When we were in the Ducks section, we often grabbed a bus from Music and walked to our room because it was closer than the bus stop at Movies.

Here are a couple pictures of my family a couple years back when we stayed at Movies.
100_2414.JPG
100_2408.JPG

draybook

We stayed at All Star Music this trip too. We were back in the Country Fair section, room 6626, so it was really peaceful back there. The All-Stars are not that bad and I was surprised at how big the rooms were compared to what I expected.

SAV

Honestly, a all-star resort is a all-star resort. The all-stars are the same size rooms with different themes and a different layout at the resort itself. Pick the theme you and the kids like and enjoy.

Personally, I like POP Century as our go to value resort. Or you could go to the new Art of Animation value resort, but it may cost a little more than the others.

As for tips, set your expectations accordingly. The rooms are small. The layouts are all on-line if you want to look up the dimensions and set up. Basically, there isn't much room for anything extra in there. So if you have any space saving things like over the door toiletry holders, etc bring them.

The kids usually sleep pretty soundly after a long day at the parks, but some of the resorts can get pretty noisy. So decide if you want a poolside room or one away from the pools. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I have seen people in the pools at 1am. And even though it is supposed to be quiet time, they were rather loud.

Many people bring items to hang up on the inside of their windows to personalize it a bit. I have seen some very elaborate decorations.

The food courts do get crowded during the peak times, so you need to take that into consideration as well.

But regardless of all of that stuff, the values are a great option for an on-site stay.

crispy

I think it's a great choice especially with a 5 year old boy. I think it's so fun and whimsical, and kids really love all of the cool stuff they have there. I am sure you will have a blast!

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Movies is my favorite AllStar resort. I remember being there and my young nephew Darius (5ish) talking about Bootie Bootie and wanting to see Bootie. Finally figured out he was saying Woody. He loved the resort.

HollyAD

AS Movies is a great first trip choice. Yes, the rooms are basic, but the theme is great! We stayed last summer for one night and I have zero complaints. It is no luxury resort but I think the values have a lot to offer for kids. My son preferred the larger than life theme over any mod or deluxe.

JillC LI

AS Movies was where our family stayed on its first visit when the kids were 5 and 7, and we loved it. Great Disney-movie theming. We became WDW addicts after that first trip. That said, we have not returned to ASM for various reasons. We like Pop (another value resort) better for its location and smaller size. We have also stayed a few times at Caribbean Beach Resort (a moderate) during free dining promotions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom