Invoice from Coronado Springs posted to my house?

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me?

I recently returned back from a 10 day trip to WDW staying at CS. Today we received an invoice in the post for $61.31. No explanation as to what the charges are for, no names on the invoice or booking reference, just the resort address, holiday dates & amount. We also did not have anyone say anything to us upon checkout or make us aware of these charges.

We did not charge anything back to our rooms or use our magicbands to purchase anything during our stay.

The only things that I could think of was a) I had to cancel a breakfast dining reservation due to sickness on our last day, however when I spoke to Guest Services they said they could cancel this without any problems and I wouldn't be charged. b) on the day of check out I was extremely ill and we were not due to get our ME until around 3pm. I spoke to GS and they said that we could stay in the room until 1pm, however they did not mention to me that I would be charged for this and as far as I am aware from research late checkout is free until 1pm?

I spoke to Disney and I have to wait to call back to get more information as their accounts department is not yet open. I am just so confused as to what this charge could be for?

drizgirl

It's not your breakfast cancellation. That really would be a multiple of $10.

I'm sure they'll figure it out for you. I'd be annoyed with it as well.

Did you upgrade anyone's park ticket?

Hayley In Wonderland

Original Poster
It's not your breakfast cancellation. That really would be a multiple of $10.

I'm sure they'll figure it out for you. I'd be annoyed with it as well.

Did you upgrade anyone's park ticket?

That's what I thought, and surely she wouldn't have said on the phone that I wouldn't be charged if I was? It was down to sickness so I had a legitimate reason for cancelling, and I didn't just not show up.

I am super annoyed, especially as no one said anything to me upon check out.

Nope, not at all. Everything we booked & had was all already paid for and there were no upgrades made on our part.

Dave B

So I learned something new on my trip last week. The hotel charges you anywhere from 2-4 dollars for A WAKE UP CALL. and they do NOT tell you about it. I was so shocked. I went down to front desk and they took care of it. but it could be that

drizgirl

So I learned something new on my trip last week. The hotel charges you anywhere from 2-4 dollars for A WAKE UP CALL. and they do NOT tell you about it. I was so shocked. I went down to front desk and they took care of it. but it could be that
What? Really? After they removed clocks from the rooms? I'm finding that hard to believe.

21stamps

That has never happened to me. I get a wake up call every day of the trip.

Dave B

It happened at Yacht Club, but not at Pop Century, we stayed at POP the last couple days to extend our trip

drizgirl

I would not make it up, I was very frustrated, you should take a look at your invoices at check out
I don't add a credit card to my account, so there should not be any inovice. If there is (like with the OP) I would definitely notice.

I believe you though. Lots of inconsistencies in what Disney does. Maybe they were testing out charging for it. Still seems like a really bad idea though.The potential for really bad feelings is high with that.

Weather_Lady

I had to contact the Accounts department once (just to have them pdf. me a copy of our invoice, as I had lost it) and they were very responsive. Hopefully they'll have the answers for you, OP - do update us when you solve the mystery!

WWWD

If they start charging me for things like wake up calls, then I’m going to start charging them every time I have to go to the front desk and resolve Magic Band issues, etc. I wonder if Disney is doing that at Yacht Club because it’s a big convention resort and they figure conventioneers won’t notice or care. Anyway OP, if it turns out to be a frivolous charge, dispute it.

MAGICFLOP

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me?

I recently returned back from a 10 day trip to WDW staying at CS. Today we received an invoice in the post for $61.31. No explanation as to what the charges are for, no names on the invoice or booking reference, just the resort address, holiday dates & amount. We also did not have anyone say anything to us upon checkout or make us aware of these charges.

We did not charge anything back to our rooms or use our magicbands to purchase anything during our stay.

The only things that I could think of was a) I had to cancel a breakfast dining reservation due to sickness on our last day, however when I spoke to Guest Services they said they could cancel this without any problems and I wouldn't be charged. b) on the day of check out I was extremely ill and we were not due to get our ME until around 3pm. I spoke to GS and they said that we could stay in the room until 1pm, however they did not mention to me that I would be charged for this and as far as I am aware from research late checkout is free until 1pm?

I spoke to Disney and I have to wait to call back to get more information as their accounts department is not yet open. I am just so confused as to what this charge could be for?

Thought, you did not accidentally(not accusing you of stealing) pack or remove things from the room (ie bring towel to pool and leave it there). The fact that it did not appear at checkout means it was probably discovered post check out. Maybe the kids accidentally busted something and you did not realize.

Either way they should at least itemize what the bill is..

Tick Tock

Absolutely ridiculous if this becomes a thing. I can't think of a single reason they can use to justify charging for this service.

worldfanatic

As stated by others, this was almost certainly something that was discovered missing or broken after check out. I'm curious what they'll say.

As far as charging for a wake up call.
This didn't happen intentionally.
I'm not saying you're lying.
I'm just saying you're misinformed.
Or someone made a foolish mistake.
There's absolutely zero chance Disney is even thinking about charging for wake up calls. Zero.

Dave B

How can I be misinformed, I spent 20 minutes at the check out counter while the young lady deleted each days fee and then had to get a manager to override and approve. The young lady mentioned that it happens all the time, she kept apologizing, not sure what you mean by misinformed. Again like I said it did not happen at Pop on our last couple days just at Yacht Club

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom