Interview an Imagineer

Samantha Stainbrook

Original Poster
Hi! I'm an eighth grader who dreams of being an Imagineer someday. I have a school project that requires me to interview someone and I thought it would be a great idea to interview an Imagineer. Does anyone have an idea of how I can contact one?

tcool

lazyboy97o

You may get lucky and have someone reach out to you, but a lot of these calls for contact information go unanswered. Some Imagineers do openly post online, through channels such as Twitter, and you may be able to reach out to them that way. But how would you like having people post your contact information for thousands to see?

Imagineer is a rather broad category of jobs. If no one reaches out to you, maybe you can think of what it is more specifically you would like to do within Imagineering and find someone in your local community who works in the same or a similar field. A local theater may be a good place to look as there will be people involved in art direction, scenic design, lighting, audio-visual, etc (a good number of art directors and show producers in themed entertainment have a background in theater). There are also probably some local architecture or engineering firms you could reach out to if that is more what interests you. While these people are not building theme parks, they can tell you what the field is like and how one enters it, such as necessary college degrees.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom