interesting tips for 20 k / discovery island fans!

extinctlover244

Original Poster
now, i am a total n00b :)hammer:), so you dony have to listen to me if you dont want to.

for all you nemo-philes out there, to get from the contemporary resort to a beautiful viewpoint of the 20 k subs, (f.y.i. heres some info on the state of the subs: 8 are on mothballs, 3 were scrapped, and 1 is an arteficial reef on cast-away key, the disney owned island in the bahamas. i got all this info from a high-ranking cast member.) just rent a watermouse recreational boat, head north until you see the jetty for walts big lot o disney-related junk (full of old jungle cruise boats, audio reels, animatronics, indian war canoes, and -of course- nautilae (nautiluses?)) dock there, (you will need two people in the boat) enter the woods to your left, and follow the chain link fence (follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the chain link fence!) until you see the familiar sight of the nautilus.

noe, the trip to discovery island is a lot simpler. from the contempoary, head towards the island and go around to the other side. there you will see the jetty where the boats used to land, dock there and explore to your hearts content.

remember, if you ever need to know how to get to a place in disney, come to the urban exploration king of dinney (me) :king:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
extinctlover244 said:
now, i am a total n00b :)hammer:), so you dony have to listen to me if you dont want to.

for all you nemo-philes out there, to get from the contemporary resort to a beautiful viewpoint of the 20 k subs, (f.y.i. heres some info on the state of the subs: 8 are on mothballs, 3 were scrapped, and 1 is an arteficial reef on cast-away key, the disney owned island in the bahamas. i got all this info from a high-ranking cast member.) just rent a watermouse recreational boat, head north until you see the jetty for walts big lot o disney-related junk (full of old jungle cruise boats, audio reels, animatronics, indian war canoes, and -of course- nautilae (nautiluses?)) dock there, (you will need two people in the boat) enter the woods to your left, and follow the chain link fence (follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the chain link fence!) until you see the familiar sight of the nautilus.

noe, the trip to discover:wave: y island is a lot simpler. from the contempoary, head towards the island and go around to the other side. there you will see the jetty where the boats used to land, dock there and explore to your hearts content.

remember, if you ever need to know how to get to a place in disney, come to the urban exploration king of dinney (me) :king:

Hi, welcome to the boards.:sohappy:

This does sound fascinating, although questionable at best as far as Disney Security is concerned. :lookaroun

While there's nothing wrong with personalizing your post, but may I suggest that you use the default font, as it makes it much easier on the eyes to read (as you see in the Quote above ^)!:wave:

Fordlover

I tend to agree. I think Security would frown upon 'exploring'
I got caught walking around river country at 11pm at night, even though the guy was really nice, they obviously have some sort of intrusion alarm, or security cameras, and I doubt they'd be happy with someone walking around discovery island

maelstrom

I'd love to do that if I wasn't afraid of getting kicked out of WDW. They don't want you on Discovery Island, at River Country, and certainly not at the backstage scrapyard. That's why Disney transport doesn't go there.

extinctlover244

Original Poster
okay.... okay.....

okay, first, here's an idea. i was searching google earth, and i found a cleaaring in the woods surrounding the scrapyard, and the fence is 1-150 yards away from the subs! you're not tresspassing, but you can see the frikkin subs:D heh heh heh.... just don't get caught. :cool:

by the way.... the clearing is @ 28* 25' 18.16" n and 81*34' 22.94"

the fence is just chain link, easily climbable ;) tee hee hee!

OliveMcFly

Sounds great but like someone said...security. But I would be in all my glory exploring these areas. Thanks for the info. OK...new attraction idea. Exploration of the dead attractions. I would do it. HeHe

TheDisneyMagic

I would love to go on a little adventure like this, in my opinion as long as we don't climb over any fences or go past signs that say we are not allowed to go past we are not tresspassing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom