interesting Spectromagic rumor

candydog

Hmmm, I think running a parade in Downtown Disney, although it would no doubt be popular, would be difficult as it really has nowhere it can run from/to. There's nowhere to begin it or end it really, and it wouldn't be possible to run it back around to a warehouse without running it back through downtown disney again as the place has a lake on one side and a car park on the other, with no discreet "backstage" routes like the parks have.

David S.

I prefer MSEP and have preferred it since I first saw Spectro so many years ago. But I really like Spectro as well, and it is disappointing that such a wonderful parade sits unused. I hope that Disney begins using Spectro somewhere very soon. Run Spectro at MK, and move MSEP to Downtown Disney if DCA doesn't want it back.

How about Hollywood Studios instead? :)

KentB3

How about Hollywood Studios instead? :)

That would be a great idea, moving Spectromagic to Hollywood Studios and running MSEP at the Magic Kingdom! Also, World of Color from DCA could run in Animal Kingdom, which would GREATLY draw more nightime business for the park! :animwink:

aladdin2007

I always thought the studios would be great for a light parade, spectromagic doesnt really fit in there as it just seems more magic kingdomish with the castle, but maybe Fantillusion.

David S.

That would be a great idea, moving Spectromagic to Hollywood Studios and running MSEP at the Magic Kingdom! Also, World of Color from DCA could run in Animal Kingdom, which would GREATLY draw more nightime business for the park! :animwink:

Actually, I meant move MSEP to the Studios when Spectro comes back, since others objected to DtD. But hey, I like MSEP better, so I have no problem at all with that staying in the MK, and sending Spectro to the Studios! :) Heck, I'd be out there for MSEP even it was on World Drive like MichWolv said! :)

And I agree that some sort of nightime entertainment would be great for AK. I love the park and always stay until close, but a lot of people leave early, and it would be a great way to extend the operating day past the time when the animals retire for the evening. And hey, it would mean more chances for night rides on Everest! ;)

etwtec

How about sending over Fantillusion from Paris as a replacement for Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios?

Going back on topic... I hope we get some kind of confirmation soon so all the rumors and speculation can stop!

schroep

I much prefer MSEP to SM. For me, nothing beats Baroque Hoedown for Disney parade music. Would be nice to see them find a way to keep everyone happy and introduce some variety ... different parades on different nights. I know, it's not practical, but I can dream...

scoobygirl39541

We took the Keys tour last month. I spoke to the TG for awhile about Spectro, as we were looking at the floats.He told us that if Spectro came back it would be much different, with new music, lights & floats. Which means, WDW refurb consisting of new lights !

New music would break my heart :cry:

spectrodanny

Original Poster
if there is a sopundtrack re-record i'd LOVE for it to be synthesized. i mean that's one of the things that made (and still makes) the Main Street Electrical Parade neat as it's not the type of music you'd expect from a parade soundtrack

ToTBellHop

if there is a sopundtrack re-record i'd LOVE for it to be synthesized. i mean that's one of the things that made (and still makes) the Main Street Electrical Parade neat as it's not the type of music you'd expect from a parade soundtrack
Let's not give Disney too much credit. The MSEP premiered almost 40 years ago in 1972. Synthesized music wasn't terribly unique then. It's become retro over 39 years.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I dont think California wants another parade, people there scream like they saw John Lennon walking side by side with elvis when the electrical parade starts. I think one time back in the day it was possibly planned that Spectromagic would play in MGM studios at times. I wouldnt mind the best of both worlds, or even better, Spectromagic and the Electrical Parade Tokyo used in the 80's and 90's.

spectrodanny

Original Poster
The original version of Tokyo's Electrical Parade had a few differences than what we have/had here in the U.S. those being:
a lasybug float in the Alice section
the Swans of course
& a 4th Small World float that was a big Ferris wheel iother than that it waas the same floats (- To Honor America of course)

MissingDisney

Some love MSEP, some love Spectro, some love both. No attempts here to convince you one way or the other. However, I for one LOVE SpectroMagic. I absolutely despise the MSEP music. It makes my skin crawl and after a few minutes I feel like I've had about 5 too many coffees over my already ridiculous tolerant limit. The floats are nice, but my God, that music. I am terribly disappointed that Spectro will not be back by my trip this fall and will once again be subject to synthesizer hell. Spectro music is, bear with me on this one...emotional. Brings me to tears everytime. :cry: MSEP music does too, but in a very different way. :hammer: I suppose I could forego the parde all together but that just feels so wrong! :ROFLOL:

rodserling27

Spectromagic is a good parade, but my issues with it are as follows:

1. fiber-optics are very yester-year and outdated (MSEP LED look great)
2. Spectro's music is fantastic, just not good for a parade.
3. it's far too dramatic.

SpectroMagic's music might be better suited for a show like Fantasmic! or something to sit and watch and be wowed. To me, a parade should be fun, bouncy, and get the crowd pumping and clapping along, which is exactly what MSEP does.

I think it's rather peculiar that the official WDW site has pulled SpectroMagic of it's "Entertainment" page completely. I suppose only time will tell what happens.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Spectromagic is a good parade, but my issues with it are as follows:

1. fiber-optics are very yester-year and outdated (MSEP LED look great)
2. Spectro's music is fantastic, just not good for a parade.
3. it's far too dramatic.

SpectroMagic's music might be better suited for a show like Fantasmic! or something to sit and watch and be wowed. To me, a parade should be fun, bouncy, and get the crowd pumping and clapping along, which is exactly what MSEP does.

I think it's rather peculiar that the official WDW site has pulled SpectroMagic of it's "Entertainment" page completely. I suppose only time will tell what happens.

I think the music would be great for a firework display. Somehow to me the music perfectly fits the parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom