Interesting reviews on MK...

NickMaio

Original Poster

It's encouraging to see others sharing similar sentiments.
Perhaps others will post.

We were thinking of going in May, however it looks like a gong show right now.
Perhaps early Sept.....who knows.

castlecake2.0

The main complaints from the first two pages I read are “it’s too busy”, which always makes me laugh as if these posters feel their vacation is more important than other people’s. Yes it’s busy, people haven’t been able to travel in 2 years, they have flight and hotel credits to use up, time share points that are going to expire, and just want to go back to their “normal” vacation place. It’s going to be like this for the rest of the year at least.

People can hate the reservation system all they want but if they think it’s too busy right now imagine it with no limitations, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that the parks would be hitting phased closings multiple times a week.

I think they need to replace the Covid banner on the website and A frames at park entrances with a “be patient” banner. I saw these at UPS stores around the holidays, basically stating “we are doing everything we possibly can right now to serve you, and we need you to be courteous”. If you can, I’d wait till next year to make a “normal” trip to WDW, and if you come this year, slow down, take your time, and be patient.

JIMINYCR

The increreasing crowding issue is a big deal to us and will if not addressed in some manner will force us to abandon Disney. It was getting extremely crowded prior to Covid hitting. The trip we took 2 years before Covid hit ( which was in a month that had before been considered low to moderate crowding) had me thinking about not going back because of how difficult it was to do anything. Our next trip was cancelled due to Covid. Then the make up trip was made enjoyable by the restrictive park numbers, which was pleasant.
I am willing to be patient and am willing to work around Disneys restrictions and ever changing policies, but theres a limit to what Im willing to accept regarding wall to wall people. I will see how things fare out as we pass through these make up trips and return from covid traveling desires.

castlecake2.0

But… but… Disney wants to restrict the number of people in the parks, because people don’t like feeling crowded. Bob said so!

People have had 18 months to travel post-shutdown. I don’t buy that as an excuse anymore.
They are definitely restricting attendance, the amount of cast blockout dates is proof, and the parks are still crazy. Maybe the limit is still too high for what people think is comfortable, but I have no doubt certain days thousands of people are not getting reservations to a park they want because they’re trying to keep attendance down (not saying this is only for “guest comfort”, it’s also for operational and labor efficiency/maximization) Disney World may have been open 18 months now, but that doesn’t mean hundreds of countries didn’t face hurdles to get here. Majority of Canadians are just now starting to travel again.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

The main complaints from the first two pages I read are “it’s too busy”, which always makes me laugh as if these posters feel their vacation is more important than other people’s. Yes it’s busy, people haven’t been able to travel in 2 years, they have flight and hotel credits to use up, time share points that are going to expire, and just want to go back to their “normal” vacation place. It’s going to be like this for the rest of the year at least.
The Disney experience is not what it should be right now. I highly doubt that the people complaining are forum commandos like we are. Disney has rested on its laurels for far too long. We know how underbuilt the parks are and all the offerings that are missing. Most of these people have no clue. So yea, people are going to complain about crowds. Unfortunately Disney only sees that the more they charge, and the less they offer, the more people show up. So they don't care that the parks can't handle demand.

NickMaio

Original Poster
The Disney experience is not what it should be right now. I highly doubt that the people complaining are forum commandos like we are. Disney has rested on its laurels for far too long. We know how underbuilt the parks are and all the offerings that are missing. Most of these people have no clue. So yea, people are going to complain about crowds. Unfortunately Disney only sees that the more they charge, and the less they offer, the more people show up. So they don't care that the parks can't handle demand.
Most of those TA reviews are from non-hardcore WDW riders. Regular Joe's that would have no idea that the lights are dimmer in Dino, or that the blinking hippo in IASW has been fubar forever.
WDW is a shell of itself and it's coming from the top down.
Leadership is only for the shareholders and its extremely short sighted.

castlecake2.0

If they didn’t care about how many people the parks could handle there wouldn’t be a reservation system.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Just raise the admission price by a hundy. Crisis averted. Or they could invest heavily in the park by opening up new footpaths, creating more rides, leasure activities, theater, dining, etc. 😂

Animaniac93-98

The main complaints from the first two pages I read are “it’s too busy”, which always makes me laugh as if these posters feel their vacation is more important than other people’s.

MK has had issues with staffing, abandoned retail/dining space, and poor attraction capacity for many years now. Problems intentionally caused by Disney, who have been stress testing the park and trying to get away with minimal investment. Now they're solution is to charge for the issue they've created with Genie+

If MK was run like Tokyo Disneyland, a park of comparable size and attendance, you would not see the same amount of criticism over how busy it is because the park would be better equipped to handle crowds.

erasure fan1

If they didn’t care about how many people the parks could handle there wouldn’t be a reservation system.
You missed the point a bit. The parks are severely underbuilt for the demand. Maybe if the parks hadn't been neglected for as long as they have, you wouldn't need a reservation system. Personally I think the reservation system is more about staffing allocation than crowd control. They'll fill the parks as much as they can regardless of them having enough staff or things open.

castlecake2.0

You missed the point a bit. The parks are severely underbuilt for the demand. Maybe if the parks hadn't been neglected for as long as they have, you wouldn't need a reservation system. Personally I think the reservation system is more about staffing allocation than crowd control. They'll fill the parks as much as they can regardless of them having enough staff or things open.
I don’t disagree that the parks can’t meet demand right now, but they’re not filling the parks to their true capacity right now or everyday this month would look like NYE, so the reservation system, in part, is them caring somewhat about the guest experience.

castlecake2.0

The reservation system is in place to help with revenue management and staffing. It has nothing to do with what the parks can handle.
Disagree, it’s in place to help with revenue, staffing AND guest experience. Epcot can fit 90,000+ people in it, if they didn’t care about guest experience at all then they’d open up all those spots and let the turnstiles roll.

Lilofan

Not exactly. During 12/25-31 during peak season WDW theme parks have phased closings. At different times ( ie phase closing , only resort guests , annual passholders, allowed in, no outside guests allowed in, etc when reaching phase 4 I believe there are no guests regardless of category are allowed to enter. ( ie Magic Kingdom ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom