Interesting articleish thingy I found by accident.

raven

True but the water table is extremely high and going downward would be a very damp experience for the most part.

As would pretty much anywhere in Florida.

A very interesting fact is that there was a STOL airport east of the main MK parking lot, and south of the Wilderness lodge.

Not an air"port" just a runway. It's still there and currently used for tractor trailer storage.

Goofyernmost

Not an air"port" just a runway. It's still there and currently used for tractor trailer storage.
It did have a "terminal" of sorts and I think that they originally had thoughts that it might make a good "rich" folk approach. Early on it had plane shuttles from MCO, but those low fly overs made a lot of Lawyers jumpy and other Lawyers thirsty. Also the highways were built fairly quickly and therefore the practicality of it quickly became redundant, not to mention, costly. Now it parks storage trailers and is used, apparently, to backstage construction of large show components. Very interesting history though.

BrittanyRose428

I think when the writer of the article meant the music didn't shut off, he/she was just going by the experience in that particular store. I used to work in merchandise, and even when I was stocking after the park had long closed the music never shut off, though the music outside in the park would.

I don't know if the reason given in the article is true for why the costume sizing is so weird. I'm usually a 14 in pants, and my Disney pants sizes have ranged from 18 to 24 (or a men's 36-40) depending on the costume. So they do run small, but they're still inconsistent. You can't just be like "Oh, guess I'm a 16 in all Disney pants, you have to try everything on.

As for taking photos backstage, this is what I've been told. You're not supposed to be taking photos backstage but it's not taken as seriously as you'd think. For the most part (at least at the places I've worked) it's kind of okay as long as you don't post photos on social media. It also depends where it is too. I imagine that if you took pictures in the tunnel or with characters or something it wouldn't go over very well. But I've taken pictures in the back of my attraction and no one seems to care.

The author seems to be under the impression that pin trading is required for CMs in WDW, and that isn't true. For merchandise you generally get pins during training, but for other roles you'd choose to trade pins yourself. This author just seems to be very sheltered by his or her merchandise role.

The bikes are back at HS backstage. I can't imagine that the issue was ever people stealing them, as you have to walk either through cast services or on stage to leave the park and get to the cast parking lot, so that seems ridiculous to me. From what I've heard, bike privileges have been revoked in the past because CMs weren't taking care of them. Like they were parking them in places they weren't supposed to, or leaving them knocked over on the ground.

Also the store he/she mentions for CMs behind the Magic Kingdom has since moved, it's closer to Animal Kingdom now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom