Instacart to your resort

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey guys,

Has anyone used Instacart to have groceries delivered to their room? I'm not a big breakfast person, and would prefer to have my normal breakfast of yogurt and fruit/something similar. I just don't want to waste a Quick Service credit on a meal that I very much prefer to keep very light. Any suggestions, thoughts, etc, send them my way.

Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I haven't but you should know that anything delivered to your resort goes to Bell Services and not your room. There is a $5 fee placed on your bill for anything you have sent to you.

If you will only have a few mornings at your resort it will probably be cheaper to pay cash for those items in the food court than to have an Instacart delivery. You can also use snack credits on yogurt and fruit.

nickys

Premium Member
I thought it was things that are "shipped" to the resort have the fee.

Grocery orders from Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin etc don't get charged, no reason to think Instacart would. In fact I'm sure others have already posted that they weren't charged.

CaptainAmerica

I haven't but you should know that anything delivered to your resort goes to Bell Services and not your room. There is a $5 fee placed on your bill for anything you have sent to you.
I don't think that's right. I know it's true for USPS, UPS, and FedEx packages, but not for something like Garden Grocer.

I have no idea what Instacart is and which of those categories it would fall under.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
I don't think that's right. I know it's true for USPS, UPS, and FedEx packages, but not for something like Garden Grocer.

I have no idea what Instacart is and which of those categories it would fall under.
Instacart is an alternative to Garden Grocer. Think uber but for groceries. I'd like to use them because I have a credit to waive the delivery charge. I'll check with the resort, and if there's no fee, I'll probably do that. I'm greedy when it comes to my Disney snacks and want to save those credits.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Just spoke to Disney. The fee is for packages (UPS, FedEx, etc). No fee for groceries. I think I'll do this, because the thought of paying several dollars or wasting a precious Disney credit for $1's worth of Chobani yogurt is maddening to me. Thanks everyone!

CaptainAmerica

I think I'll do this, because the thought of paying several dollars or wasting a precious Disney credit for $1's worth of Chobani yogurt is maddening to me. Thanks everyone!
Why would you use a Disney credit for that anyways? You could just pay cash to Disney. They can't force you to use a credit if you want to pay cash.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Why would you use a Disney credit for that anyways? You could just pay cash to Disney. They can't force you to use a credit if you want to pay cash.
Yes, I could pay Disney for it. But I refuse to pay $3+ for something that costs $0.78. Instacart will bring it to the hotel with no delivery charge, and Disney to refrigerate until I get there; thus saving me money. Is it a lot of money, no. For me, it's just the general principle. What can I say? I'm stubborn.

Last edited:

DisneyDaver

Yes, I could pay Disney for it. But I refuse to pay $3+ for something that costs $0.78. Instacart will bring it to the hotel with no delivery charge, and Disney to refrigerate until I get there; thus saving me money. Is it a lot of money, no. For me, it's just the general principle. What can I say? I'm stubborn.

How did Instacart work out? How did you deal with groceries that needed to be refrigerated if you weren't in your room when they were delivered? I will be heading to WDW in November with my wife, kids (who will be 3.5 and 1) and parents. We are all light breakfast eaters and my Dad is on a very low sodium diet. I was thinking eating breakfast and even some lunches in our room would work out well for us.

correcaminos

How did Instacart work out? How did you deal with groceries that needed to be refrigerated if you weren't in your room when they were delivered? I will be heading to WDW in November with my wife, kids (who will be 3.5 and 1) and parents. We are all light breakfast eaters and my Dad is on a very low sodium diet. I was thinking eating breakfast and even some lunches in our room would work out well for us.

Bell Services will refrigerate any items you need. You can also schedule delivery windows so you will be there to get it if you want to. I chose to do that last time while we were just hanging at the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom