Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Luigi

I say my concept for the pavilion would be a clone of the Mystic Manor ride (ala Indy Ride and Dinosaur) but replace Lord Mystic with Dreamfinder and Albert the Monkey with Figment and have the Imagination pavilion come to life when Figment releases the Spark that Dreamfinder brought back from Imaginationland!

Let Inside Out have a 4D movie, set in Imaginationland, in the theatre next door.

disney1023

Disney Kingdoms panel at SDCC was a disappointment in that they didn't really have any new announcements.

Just Tony Baxter making smartass remarks about the current ride and the creative team at Disney Kingdoms wanting a Figment movie and seeing Figment and Dreamfinder as a potential connecting thread for the universe they've been building.
Is there a video?

Maeryk

Disney Kingdoms panel at SDCC was a disappointment in that they didn't really have any new announcements.

Just Tony Baxter making smartass remarks about the current ride and the creative team at Disney Kingdoms wanting a Figment movie and seeing Figment and Dreamfinder as a potential connecting thread for the universe they've been building.

There's a thought I had not had until your post. We are seeing these as one off, plunked in IPs here and there, or "the ride is literally dying, jam in something, anything, right away" concepts.. but what if there is some grand overarching theme that will unify everything, in a cohesive way, and we just aren't privy to it or can't see it?

Andrew_Animatronic

I don't know, figment looks like he's gonna stay, as I recently have seeen a lot more of his merch in stores around Epcot AND DSprings. Strange thought, but how hard would it be to put figment into an Inside Out ride, as a denizen of "imagination land" that would assist the inside out characters in explaining the value of imagination. Not canon if inside out 2 is a thing (or there could be an Easter egg in it, idk) but still would be fresh take on an aging ride while keeping all happy.

trainplane3

Interesting how Tony Baxter has a bigger problem with today's Journey into Imagination than almost everybody in the Disney Company...

Thanks for the link!
I can't say I blame him. He put a lot of work into it and then had it ruined after 16(?) years. The current version is outliving the original.
Go to 1:50 in this 2 week old video:

Sure it's a promo, but he seems to still love the original ride he created. Isn't he still a consultant for WDI? It'd be nice for V4 to be his final project before retiring.

HMF

I can't say I blame him. He put a lot of work into it and then had it ruined after 16(?) years. The current version is outliving the original.

Sure it's a promo, but he seems to still love the original ride he created. Isn't he still a consultant for WDI? It'd be nice for V4 to be his final project before retiring.

For all intents and purposes, he is retired.

Brer Oswald

I say my concept for the pavilion would be a clone of the Mystic Manor ride (ala Indy Ride and Dinosaur) but replace Lord Mystic with Dreamfinder and Albert the Monkey with Figment and have the Imagination pavilion come to life when Figment releases the Spark that Dreamfinder brought back from Imaginationland!

Let Inside Out have a 4D movie, set in Imaginationland, in the theatre next door.
I agree. That's exactly what I said in my post on Monday. Maybe it wouldn't be a clone of Mystic Manor, but it could definitely be WDW's answer to that attraction.

Bairstow

I don't know, figment looks like he's gonna stay, as I recently have seeen a lot more of his merch in stores around Epcot AND DSprings. Strange thought, but how hard would it be to put figment into an Inside Out ride, as a denizen of "imagination land" that would assist the inside out characters in explaining the value of imagination. Not canon if inside out 2 is a thing (or there could be an Easter egg in it, idk) but still would be fresh take on an aging ride while keeping all happy.

If the ride is replaced by an inside out ride in 6 years, a figment 3-D film could replace the Pixar short film festival 2 years after that.

disney1023

It is a true shame that he has no say in the future of Epcot, even though he is the one to do it. What made him leave WDI in the first place? Didn't it have something to do with the Eisner crisis, maybe?

(Side note: god I would love to have that Dream Machine model...)

Phil12

Disney now has the opportunity to put all the past mistakes with the Imagination pavilion behind them and come up with a new and original attraction. Since Rap/HipHop is now the number one musical genre, perhaps they could do a Rap version of Inside Out.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Disney now has the opportunity to put all the past mistakes with the Imagination pavilion behind them and come up with a new and original attraction. Since Rap/HipHop is now the number one musical genre, perhaps they could do a Rap version of Inside Out.

That Idea is Stoopid Fresh!
Make the emotions like Burger King's Kid Vid yo!
724935_1306106365668_full.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom