Innoventions Sign Removal

hpyhnt 1000

When the tarps finally do go (yes, I am being confident and saying WHEN ;)), I think we'll see the plaza in a half-walled state as the poles come down. From what I can see, there isn't all that much tension in the wires that hold connect the tarps to the poles (there's some, but not an extreme amount), so taking down the tarps shouldn't require any intensive rigging and what not. What would probably happen is the wires/tarps would come down after one night (or perhaps the tarps in one night, then the wires the next night), and then the removal of the poles would take place over the period of a month or two. :shrug:

jakeman

While I pretty much agree with everyone's feelings about the tarps and hope they do come down. I would like to offer a differing perspective.

They look really neat from Google Maps.

The really do add quite a bit from a top down perspective. The translation I think is horribly lost in the execution though.

I have this picture of the proposal using a little Epcot model with the tarps and everyone say, "oooo" at the prospect, but as they are going up, everyone looking left and right and saying, "This doesn't look right..."

Just my thoughts. I should probably reinterate that I am not defending the tarps in any way and would like to see them removed.

ms7479a

Original Poster
As promised, here are some pictures:

DSC01820.JPG

DSC01819.JPG

DSC01818.JPG

Mr.EPCOT

Excellent news! The Great Purple Purge continues!

To be honest, I think that if I were given a choice between removing the tarps and bringing the ponds back, I'd choose the ponds.

Bringing the tarps down will be most excellent, though. :D

WDW Vacationer

Great! That is a HUGE part of the clutter! Look at all the undisturbed greenery! I'm gonna say it...

:sohappy:WAY TO GO TDO!:sohappy:
Now get rid of the rest!

HMF

Here is how the rest of the phase should go.
1.Remove Tarps and poles etc.
2. Re-pave ground in sections and remove Whirlywhigs
3. Re-paint buildings.
Pretty simple.:animwink:

Exprcoofto

Wow thats pretty crazy. I've never seen it without it. It looks fantastic! Now let's get rid of the tarps. I would love to see more water in the plaza, besides the fountain.

jt04

Wow thats pretty crazy. I've never seen it without it. It looks fantastic! Now let's get rid of the tarps. I would love to see more water in the plaza, besides the fountain.

They need one of those japanese water falls that spells words/creates designs etc. By the way, I hear Disney is using the technology in their concert shows. So it is possible.

hpyhnt 1000

Amazing how the removal of that metal and wire just opens everything up again. Now I'm going to get a bit a greedy and ask if we could get rid of the gray concrete planters too... :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

When the tarps finally do go (yes, I am being confident and saying WHEN ;)), I think we'll see the plaza in a half-walled state as the poles come down. From what I can see, there isn't all that much tension in the wires that hold connect the tarps to the poles (there's some, but not an extreme amount), so taking down the tarps shouldn't require any intensive rigging and what not. What would probably happen is the wires/tarps would come down after one night (or perhaps the tarps in one night, then the wires the next night), and then the removal of the poles would take place over the period of a month or two. :shrug:
Yep! :D It should be pretty easy!
As promised, here are some pictures:

DSC01820.JPG

DSC01819.JPG

DSC01818.JPG
WOW!:sohappy:

What a difference....It looks MUCH clearer.
Amazing how the removal of that metal and wire just opens everything up again. Now I'm going to get a bit a greedy and ask if we could get rid of the gray concrete planters too... :lookaroun
Nah, the greenery for the area is nice. Would be nicer ON the ground, though...
I couldn't help it. :D

21a9v2q.jpg
Love it.

This makes me a VERY happy EPCOT Explorer.

EPCOT Explorer

Let the decluttering begin.

I can almost see Communicore :D

YEP! :D That wonderful sleek architecture is shinning through, again! :D Imagine it in BLUE!

:sohappy::lol: I'm having way too much fun with this.

Something tells me you will be doing a ton of looking around in a few days, eh?

jt04

[/B]
YEP! :D That wonderful sleek architecture is shinning through, again! :D Imagine it in BLUE!

:sohappy::lol: I'm having way too much fun with this.

Something tells me you will be doing a ton of looking around in a few days, eh?

"It's a good thing, jt, but it's not that good.:lol::eek:"

OK, I get it now. :brick:

:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

"It's a good thing, jt, but it's not that good.:lol::eek:"

OK, I get it now. :brick:

:ROFLOL:

Lights Vs. Major Change in Architecture and in Look and Feel to the Center of EPCOT.

:lookaroun
:D

Aww, heck with it! :lol: I lied! It's both awesome!:lol:

Now then, that said, I hope it looks like nothing compared to the announcements for tomorrow.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom