Innoventions at Disneyland getting remodeled and Tom Sawyers Treehouse never coming back

phillip sugarman

Original Poster
According to David Koenig on Mouseplanet, he says that Innoventions is not getting taken out anymore, instead they are planning to remodel the first floor. Also, Gamora and Star-Lord along with two other superheroes will be getting meet and greets this fall. Lastly he says that Tom and Huck's Treehouse is closed down permanently because they Disneyland would have to redesign and rebuild the tree house. Can anyone validate these claims? What are your thoughts on this?

westie

Do you mean the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse that was renamed Tarzan's treehouse? It always seems packed with kids although the location creates a nasty bottleneck. As far as innoventions goes I wish they'd do something with it. My wife loves to tour the house of the future but everything else in there seems to be just tossed in there like overflow.I had hoped the rumored Star Wars land would use it.

lazyboy97o

Do you mean the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse that was renamed Tarzan's treehouse? It always seems packed with kids although the location creates a nasty bottleneck. As far as innoventions goes I wish they'd do something with it. My wife loves to tour the house of the future but everything else in there seems to be just tossed in there like overflow.I had hoped the rumored Star Wars land would use it.
No, there is a treehouse on Tom Sawyer's Island that, like the island, has been whittled down over the years.

phillip sugarman

Original Poster
No not Tarzan's Treehouse, the treehouse that is on Tom Sawyers Island.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
When we went this year I was disappointed in the fort and tree house being gone. I remember climbing all over those when I was little but I did like the pirate additions to the island and the fact they have kept that area open to the public at all.

Here is an old pick I found of the tree house

Treehouse8-61.jpg

Two new heros - I'm hoping Black Widow is one.

Nland316

I would much rather like to see a new attraction taking Innovention's place. I see it as a huge amount of wasted real estate. That land, with the subs and Autopia could easily fit 3 E-Tickets if they wanted to.

skimbob

I hope that is not true about Innoventions. I want that whole area redesigned with new rides to fit the land. It is the worst place in the park and needs to be fixed. I am disgusted every time I gro through there. How could they do such an awesome job in other lands and just leave that one poorly themed.

westie

I'd rather go back to the Carousel of Progress or America Sings, than Innoventions. Just don't like Innoventions for the most part!

Donna

I was just reading about people getting killed on these rides because the room revolved instead of the stage. BUT, I was looking at an aerial view of the area and it does have a lot of property behind it to expand although they would have to go over/under the train tracks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom