Indiana Jones ride coming to Animal Kingdom?

Which ride should Animal Kingdom get? INDIANA JONES OR AVATAR?

• Total voters

Cmdr_Crimson

How does Indiana Jones fit in with a park about ANIMALS?!?!?!?!

He's meant for the Studios and a new breed of Ride....The Studios NEED WATER!
indiana-jones-waterfall.jpg

HINT HINT!!!!

blackbears28

Original Poster
Well the same could be said for Tokyo's Disney Seas....theres a bunch of attractions in there that have absolutely nothing to do with water... and look its the #1 rated theme park in the world. Adding Indy would boost attendance a lot more than Avatar.

CJR

I would love an Indy ride at WDW and on a similar scope to what is at Disneyland, but I would like to see it be an original story. I don't really see how it would fit into AK. MK is believable, given how it's in DL. DHS seems to be stuck with the show for all eternity. It's an OK show too. I mean, how old is it? All these years and it's still the best show in the park, IMO (doesn't count Fantasmic).

BryceM

Although I would have wanted something completely new as well, Potter fits well at USH, simply because it's a movie. USH doesn't have distinct lands, really. Just the upper lot, the lower lot and the backlot. Unfortunately, the Gibson Amphitheater is going for Potter. *sigh* :(

USH isn't THAT concerned with its theme park attendance, but cares more about film and television scheduling. The backlot will be receiving new sets in the upcoming years. I'd have a hard time believing they care a lot about getting their attendance to shoot way up. It does have a large and loyal fanbase, though. Almost every guest I see at USH has their annual pass hanging around their neck. USH gets a lot of international tourists, too. My brother works there and a few months ago, he was chosen to show around a sultan and his family. He told me they spent thousands of dollars on merchandise. Must be nice.
Yes, it does fit now that I think about it. Just not as well as at Islands of Adventure, where each "island" has a distinct and immersive theme, instead of a being an actual movie production facility like USH. Two COMPLETELY different parks, but WWoHP does manage to work in both.

And yes, I do see Universal Studios Hollywood being more a park with a ton of AP holders and a more loyal fan-base. It's just not an international tourist destination, like Universal Orlando Resort or Disneyland Resort is.

BryceM

Well the same could be said for Tokyo's Disney Seas....theres a bunch of attractions in there that have absolutely nothing to do with water... and look its the #1 rated theme park in the world. Adding Indy would boost attendance a lot more than Avatar.
The attractions don't pertain to "the sea", (well, some do), but the lands at Tokyo DisneySea are what ties the park together to that central theme.

blackbears28

Original Poster
Although Mystic Manor may be a hit now...will it in 10, 20 years....look how long Indiana Jones has been at Disneyland and its still arguably one of the best rides there. It stands the test of time...that's the exact reason why it should come to WDW

twebber55

Although Mystic Manor may be a hit now...will it in 10, 20 years....look how long Indiana Jones has been at Disneyland and its still arguably one of the best rides there. It stands the test of time...that's the exact reason why it should come to WDW
haunted mansion

blackbears28

Original Poster
idk the haunted mansion has that scary feel that will always be a classic in my eyes but the Mystic Manor although it looks good seems like another nemo and friends ride that will die off in a few years. I mean I love everything WDW has to offer but after visiting disneyland and going through Indy's queue and ride last year I instantly knew what it was missing

blackbears28

Original Poster
Does anyone honestly think that Disney won't continue the franchise after acquiring Lucasfilms for billions of dollars...why wouldn't you use the Indy franchise, its half of what you paid for. Disney World would benefit big time with the addition of the Indiana Jones ride. Take out the man made useless lake at Disney Studios and put in the ride and make it a Lucasfilms STAR WARS & INDIANA JONES themed areas duo!!

Theresonly1

Indy is a cool ride, but like others have stated, it would be a better fit in DHS than AK. I am not a fan of Avatar and have no idea what this ride would even be like but AK doesn't need to rides that are the same.

blackbears28

Original Poster
Seriously getting rid of the useless man made Echo lake in Disney Studios would easily allow room for the Indiana Jones attractions.. Can ANYONE argue with that. Its in Hollywood studios where it belongs like everyone has said and its connected to the Indiana Jones stunt show and connected to co lucasfilms star wars land and not in the same park as Dinosaur.***Can someone please give me a better location scenario????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom