Indiana Jones Adventure - The Temple's 20th Anniversary

Sage of Time

I'm not talking about the center door- that's been broken for ages. I'm going on about just the regular DOORS actually opening and closing so you can't see the cars move through and the scene change colors. Can anyone confirm if the simple doors are at least blocking your view of how the room changes to one of the three options?
My last ride-through was mid-September and the effect was not working.
Transports were only going through the center door at that time.
The doors would open and close, so you did not see the Transport in front of you.
You just missed out on the effect of the changing doors.

I have seen them operational during other visits to the Attraction, so it is a effect that seems to come and go.
Very neat when it is working properly.
Someone who has had a recent pass through can probably attest to their current state...hopefully working for the 20th Event.

All three of my rides were the center door.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I'm not talking about the center door- that's been broken for ages. I'm going on about just the regular DOORS actually opening and closing so you can't see the cars move through and the scene change colors. Can anyone confirm if the simple doors are at least blocking your view of how the room changes to one of the three options?

When i rode in September, the doors open and closed for each Transport.
So at that time, yes, they were blocking your view of how the room changes.

Someone here who has been on the Attraction more recently can tell us what the current status is.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
-

A video from last nights informative and entertaining panel discussion with Tim O' Day and 'Indiana Baxter' during the 20th Anniversary AP Event

Mike S

I agree.

Walt Disney World's most recently built E-ticket was 'Expedition Everest' for Animal Kingdom in April of 2006
So it has been 9 years.
However, Disneyland Park has not had one built for 20 years - 'Indiana Jones Adventure' was the last true E-ticket built there.
California Adventure received the nicely done E with 'Radiator Springs Racers' in 2012, which was only three years ago....but that is still a considerable 17 year gap between E's being built at DLR.

I think the next big E-ticket for WDW will be the Pandora experience coming with the 'Avatar' themed area to Animal Kingdom.
The sensation of riding a Banshee over the landscape will be stunning.
I have complete faith in the project.
Um, you're forgetting Soarin' and Tower of Terror. Only WDW is seeing a decade+ gap in E Tickets resort wide.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Um, you're forgetting Soarin' and Tower of Terror. Only WDW is seeing a decade+ gap in E Tickets resort wide.

Ah yes...sorry about that.
I was bit distracted when i was trying to remember.

Of course ....how could i forget.
'Soarin' originally opened in California first in 2001, and DCA received their version of the Tower in 2004.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I always assumed so you can see the car in front of you go into a different chamber than the one you go through.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
-

A fun memory shared by Kevin Kidney, a well know designer and artist who has done a lot of work for Disney.

- Weird middle of the night memory:
I was one of the designers of the dedication ceremony for the attraction in 1995.
I actually got myself in a little trouble with my supervisor (Clare Graham) that day because I had painted some of the Indy logo press signs at my Fullerton apartment the night before---and left one of them on my kitchen table.
Drove home in a big hurry to grab the sign and had to sprint with it into Adventureland 15 minutes before the big moment with George Lucas and Michael Eisner. True story. -

:)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
-

Just had to share this here...it*s a fantastic photo shot by Stephen Russo from last nights panel presentation during the second night of 20th festivities.
Tim O* Day and *Indiana Baxter* savor some memories from the past.
The famous Bryan Jowers concept artwork is shown on the projection screen behind them.

Here they are discussing that epic artwork, touching on how important it was to insure that the Attraction to be built match this painting in both in scale and scope as much as possible.
Tony noted that he did*nt want there to be any disappointment from people after they had been *promised* so much in the concept art.
Team Indy definitely delivered!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Remember when Indy was supposed to utilize the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad, as well as contain two rides in one? Yeah...

indianajonesandthelostexpedition1.preview.jpeg

5736087330_41e8c0c463_b.jpg

http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...ver-disneylands-indiana-jones-lost-expedition

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
That last image is for Disneyland Paris' never built Indy! I've never seen that artwork before. It would be amazing in that Adventureland.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Remember when Indy was supposed to utilize the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad, as well as contain two rides in one? Yeah...

indianajonesandthelostexpedition1.preview.jpeg

5736087330_41e8c0c463_b.jpg

http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...ver-disneylands-indiana-jones-lost-expedition

YES!
That would have been incredible to have seen the multiple-Attraction version built.

Troop Transport experience we have, plus a Mine Car coaster.
Add in Jungle Cruise boats passing through as well as trains from the Disneyland Railroad....and a massive interior complex....and YOW!

Would have been beyond awesome.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
True Mike....but i doubt the Disney Company of today would invest so heavily in a incredibly elaborate project like the *Indiana Jones mega-fortress-of multiple Attractions* concept.
LOVE to have it be otherwise, but somehow i do not see such a large scale concept being considered seriously.
Far too many corporate hoops for a project such as that to jump through these days.
Might have happened 25 or 30 years ago.

Would be a really sweet edition to DHS though...i know some land Indy already *owns* that might make for a nice spot for such a spectacle.

Mike S

True Mike....but i doubt the Disney Company of today would invest so heavily in a incredibly elaborate project like the *Indiana Jones mega-fortress-of multiple Attractions* concept.
LOVE to have it be otherwise, but somehow i do not see such a large scale concept being considered seriously.
Far too many hurdles for such a project such as that to jump through today.
Might have happened 25 or 30 years ago.

Would be a really sweet edition to DHS though...i know some land Indy already *owns* that might be a nice spot.
Sadly you're right :( I hope WDW gets a great Indiana Jones ride sometime in the future, maybe if the reboot is successful. Btw has anyone else ordered their shirt yet or is it just me? ;)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I did order a shirt last night, as it looks great.

It was something i remember looking around for when i visited Disneyland in September of 2013.
My first *Baxterland* themed visit ( see related thread in this Forum ) and i SO wanted a *Indiana Jones Adventure* specific shirt.
I liked a few of the Indy generic film related shirts they had at the Outpost, but there was nothing Attraction specific.
The designs i found online elsewhere just did*nt strike my fancy.

Then YOU came along and told me about the recent Limited Edition release.
Everything i was looking for in a IJA shirt..collage of images, Attraction scenes, Harrison Ford....and even the preferred fabric color !
Perfect.

So thanks again for bringing that to my attention the other night.
Much appreciated.

A nice souvenir of a great couple of days, celebrating with everyone here *virtually*....and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom