Incident at the Contemporary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer Mickey

Original Poster
I'm seeing some rumblings online about a possible jumper earlier this morning at the Contemporary. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

thomas998

I'm seeing some rumblings online about a possible jumper earlier this morning at the Contemporary. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

With the shape of the hotel, you would have to jump pretty hard or from one of the ends or suffer an very bumpy fall to the bottom.... unless you went over the railing inside maybe.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
With the shape of the hotel, you would have to jump pretty hard or from one of the ends or suffer an very bumpy fall to the bottom.... unless you went over the railing inside maybe.

Being up on the roof at either California Grill or Top of the World to watch Wishes has always made me nervous, for no good reason. It's irrational, but in my mind I'm always worried a gust of wind will come and knock me over that railing.

hockeymeb

My aunt, uncle and cousin stayed at Bay Lake Towers last night and definitely something happened and it did happen outside. They thought maybe someone fell from either the walkway between the Towers and the Contemporary or the platform area at the Contemporary by the doors to that walkway. The monorail was stopped when they got up early this morning and evidently is started again around 9 a.m. or so. Right now there is a tent over the area where it happened.

WDW1974

If you have an issue with a comment, then you should report it to the mods. Otherwise, a newsworthy thread like this gets locked, which serves no one in our little community.

As to this tragedy, it sadly wasn't the first and won't likely be the last.

I was there maybe a decade ago this June and a CM jumped from the roof and wound up on the beamway. It was pouring rain, but guests on another train saw the body and informed workers. What was strange was it happened on a weekend where a couple (recently wed) got into a fight at the Poly and the husband never made it back to his room at the GF. He washed up on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon later on. He had too much to drink, fell into the water (or waded in) and drowned.

Neither death made it into local media if I recall correctly.

TinkandCrew

Very, very sad. If this is in fact the case, my prayers go out to this person and their family....whoever they are.

Scooter

Not the first time this has happened. Years ago, while my wife and I were staying there, a Maid took her own life, jumping from a 10th floor outside stairwell. So sad

backinaction

so sad. i feel terrible for the person. I also feel terrible for the people staying at the hotel or visiting disney for the first time. If i was staying at the hotel at the time, my entire vacation would be ruined and i would be asking disney for my money back. I guess i tend to dwell on negative events but seeing someone die like that would be awful, especially when your trying to escape reatlity as it is

WDW1974

Wow, I never realized so many suicides were associated with the place.

Suicides are not publicized under the misguided notion that they will encourage others to do the same.

If you knew how many Americans killed themselves annually, then you might think this wasn't such a great country and that we had some very serious problems that were being ignored. But rest assured that you won't find out who is taking their own life in your own town right now unless (sadly) they are someone you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom