In Tower of Terror who's that girl when your dropping

scoobygirl39541

wow I'm kinda surprised by the amount that's never seen her. I remember seeing her my very first ride 12 years ago! I look for her ever since haha

JIMINYCR

Orrrr could beeee,

Little Girl Lost (The Twilight Zone)

"Little Girl Lost" is an episode of the American television anthology series The Twilight Zone.
Opening narration

Missing: one frightened little girl. Name: Bettina Miller. Description: six years of age, average height and build, light brown hair, quite pretty. Last seen being tucked into bed by her mother a few hours ago. Last heard--aye, there's the rub, as Hamlet put it. For Bettina Miller can be heard quite clearly, despite the rather curious fact that she can't be seen at all. Present location? Let's say for the moment--in the Twilight Zone.

hollywoodj

As marni said, it's only one or two specific drop sequences that lets you land in front of them while they are lit with a strobe light. Out of the hundred times I've ridden the ride I've only gotten that sequence twice. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult to spot them because the elevator drops so fast.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is the girl moving with the elevator or do you just pass her by?
The mannequins are strobe lit and static. The VVC pauses its drop for a moment parallel with them. Theres meant to be an air blast in your face, and off you go again.

However, they were added for profile 3. The little balcony they were built on has a lot of light leak so you can see daylight behind them, the inside structure of the room, girders and the like. It wouldn't take much to make it light (and fix the air blast)- a pet peeve.

Gonzo79

She's only in one (or two) profiles. The VVC stops, there's meant to be an air blast, and two strobe lit mannequins. It's the parents on one (Foxtrot?) and the nanny and girl on the other.

If I may, look around 45:55 here

I'm sure you've heard this a lot,but I just got to say how much I love this video! Thank you so much for making it.

Tom Morrow

One side has the Hollywood couple, the other side has the little girl and her nanny. I forget which side has which. Lately you have an even slimmer chance of seeing them because the light effects for them are usually broken. Go figure.

muse1983

After riding ToT at least 30 times I never noticed the figures until probably ride 20ish. I have to say it's a little jarring when you suddenly spot them haha

Magenta Panther

She's only in one (or two) profiles. The VVC stops, there's meant to be an air blast, and two strobe lit mannequins. It's the parents on one (Foxtrot?) and the nanny and girl on the other.

If I may, look around 45:55 here

Thank you so much for this!!!! I've actually never seen this version of how the Tower of Terror was built. Simply amazing. It's the kind of ride Walt himself would be proud of. The kind of ride that has not been surpassed even to this day - yes, I'm including the Harry Potter ride in that estimation. That ride is beautifully realized, but it simply cannot top the Tower. The Tower is without flaw. It has no weaknesses, no moments where you have to overlook this little thing or that, lest it ruin the illusion. It is a living brooding entity, it has enormous presence, it is shadowy counterpart to the sparkling magical Cinderella Castle. It is DHS's, if not WDW's, crown jewel. What a SHAME it is that TDO has built nothing since that even matches it, much less plussed it. Will the Tower stand as the last great Imagineering invention? I sometimes wonder...I sometimes dread...

Magenta Panther

I just went Googling, hoping to find a picture of the little girl in the elevator shaft. Didn't find it, but I did find a photograph of one wall that's supposedly in the queue to the Tower.

littlegirllost.jpg

The caption under the photo says the patch on the wall and its chalk outline refers to an actual Twilight Zone episode called "Little Girl Lost". It also says you can hear the little girl calling for help from it as you walk by. :eek: I had no idea!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom