Imagineer's little something... question.

In addition to the "CTX Rover" on the time rovers on Dinosaur, there's also a "WDI AK 98" or something like that up along a piece of wall in the loading/launch area.

In Dino-Rama there's a road sign that says "98".

I forget where (maybe in the queue), but there's a "98" sign at Test Track for the year that it was originally planned to open.

In addition to the picture of Mr. Toad with Owl on Pooh, there's also a picture of Mole with Pooh on that same floor area.

fngoofy

Goofy's Barnstormer: The chickens that go nuts as the coaster passes them are from World of Motion.

Splash Mountain: The final scene is from America Sings (not sure if DL got the actual AA and ours are knock-offs or vise-versa.)

Imagination: The current Figment AAs are the original ones from the first version of the ride.

TTA: The page for Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow is a reference to Mission to Mars.

EPCOT: The double decker bus that tthe characters are in at the Opening and when you see them driving around World Showcase was previously used for Guest transportation around World Showcase.

olmec26

TTA: The page for Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow is a reference to Mission to Mars.

Flight to the Moon, actually.

There's a plaque outside Dinosaur that bears the dedication date of the Dino Institute: April 22, 1978 (20 years before DAK opened)

In DL's Haunted Mansion, one of the pets in the pet cemetary died on August 9, 1869 (100 years before the attraction opened)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Flight to the Moon, actually.

There's a plaque outside Dinosaur that bears the dedication date of the Dino Institute: April 22, 1978 (20 years before DAK opened)

In DL's Haunted Mansion, one of the pets in the pet cemetary died on August 9, 1869 (100 years before the attraction opened)
Let us also not forget Mr Toad in the WDW HM graveyard.

WDWFREAK53

In addition to the "CTX Rover" on the time rovers on Dinosaur, there's also a "WDI AK 98" or something like that up along a piece of wall in the loading/launch area.

In Dino-Rama there's a road sign that says "98".

I forget where (maybe in the queue), but there's a "98" sign at Test Track for the year that it was originally planned to open.

In addition to the picture of Mr. Toad with Owl on Pooh, there's also a picture of Mole with Pooh on that same floor area.

Actually, the road that DinoRama is on is Rt. 498. (Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on Earth Day in 1998 (April, 1998)

StitchMad

Original Poster
Wow, thank you so much for the responses.
We are going to the Magic Kingdom tonight for Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party. I will be looking out for mole on the Pooh ride, and also the Nautilus Sub once again. I'll also look for the invitation to join the 999 ghosts in the herse.

I heard that the bride's ring has gone from the floor, and is now featured on "someones" hand in "a" parade. Not sure where I heard that though... anyone got further info?

Thanks once again everyone, pretty cool facts which I never actually knew.
Matt

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, thank you so much for the responses.
We are going to the Magic Kingdom tonight for Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party. I will be looking out for mole on the Pooh ride, and also the Nautilus Sub once again. I'll also look for the invitation to join the 999 ghosts in the herse.

I heard that the bride's ring has gone from the floor, and is now featured on "someones" hand in "a" parade. Not sure where I heard that though... anyone got further info?

Thanks once again everyone, pretty cool facts which I never actually knew.
Matt
The sub can be kind of tricky to find. There are two doors in the big tree in the center of the playground. One is facing the front and the other is facing the right. The sub is over the door facing to the right.

The bride's ring is gone and more importantly is was never a ring. It was actually a piece from an old gate. The ring part was made up by CMs.

StitchMad

Original Poster
The sub can be kind of tricky to find. There are two doors in the big tree in the center of the playground. One is facing the front and the other is facing the right. The sub is over the door facing to the right.

The bride's ring is gone and more importantly is was never a ring. It was actually a piece from an old gate. The ring part was made up by CMs.
When a friend showed me the Sub back on our last vacation (August), he showed me it above the window on the left of the tree. However, after reading a thread on another site, it is cleary above the door. I will be looking tonight and see what I can find.. Thanks!! :wave:

That's quite interesting, never knew it was just an old gate. Thanks again!

fngoofy

I'm pretty sure you can also hear Mr Johnson make an announcement on the TTA regarding the Speedway.

"Hi there Tomorrowland travelers. This is Mr. Johnson in Skyview Hovercraft 1, bringing you the latest Tomorrowland traffic report. As usual, everything is perfect on Tomorrowland's super highway. Now back to you in TTA central."

disneydata

There is a statue of Mr. Toad in the pet cemetary at the haunted mansion placed there after the demise of the attraction
That's not true.

The statue that was there was broken by a careless horticulture Cast Member. Instead of making a replacement, the old Toad statue was brought out and took its place.

TheDisneyMagic

"Hi there Tomorrowland travelers. This is Mr. Johnson in Skyview Hovercraft 1, bringing you the latest Tomorrowland traffic report. As usual, everything is perfect on Tomorrowland's super highway. Now back to you in TTA central."

:animwink::animwink:

You got it!

Texas84

Yes, in this one case, imagination is not tolerated at Walt Disney World. No one ever bring it up again. :lookaroun:animwink:

Jerm

Splash Mountain: The final scene is from America Sings (not sure if DL got the actual AA and ours are knock-offs or vise-versa.)

Actually almost all the AA models in Splash are taken from the America Sings figures that all now reside in Splash in DL. The final scene is not "from" America Sings, they are just copies of the AA's from AS all placed in there.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, in this one case, imagination is not tolerated at Walt Disney World. No one ever bring it up again. :lookaroun:animwink:
Go to the imagination pavilion at Epcot sometime and you will find out that there is no imagination allowed there either.

I am all for Disney details but I have never cared that much for the made up urban legend details of WDW. The ring was at the top of this list. Had the imagineers put it there it would have been a great detail but the simple fact was that they did not put it there and they went to great lengths to remove it.

SirGoofy

The Jungle Cruise has the Adventurer's Club's address on some of the crates in the queue. Of course it was there before the cloob's demise, but still.

There are 2 Nightmare Before Christmas books, a Jack doll, and a Sally doll in the new Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom