Imagineering Weekends: The Shark Tank

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'll contribute to the tank. The following is a spoiler for my dream resort at Singapore; to bring those up to speed replaces Hong Kong, and is much more successful, but overcrowded. This would be the second park at the Singapore Resort, and would be built in two phases. The park will be known as Disney Studios, and be the third Studios themed park. It takes the visual appeal of DHS, but with the wider variety of attractions of WDSP.

Phase 1 2014 - 2018

Sandcrawler-Aedas-1.jpg

Phase 1 consists of the opening and building of the studios complex that will be used to create films, television productions, and works for the parks around the world. The first building to be built and finished will be The Sandcrawler which houses Lucasfilm Ltd Singapore, here employees will work on animation along with Industrial Light and Magic. The second building that will be built will house the Imagineer's Workshop this will be an area where animatronics can be tested out, as well as animation for the various attractions at Disney theme parks around the world will be made. Once completed the animators will get to work on getting the animation done for World of Color, Buzz Lightyear : To the Rescue!, and other attractions throughout the park. The final two main buildings will be home for ESPN Southeast Asia, and Disney Channel Southeast Asia. The final two main buildings will be accompanied by the creation of New York City Streets, Los Angeles Streets, and Parisian Streets along with various sound stages. These will all be built, and open ahead of the actual park to allow for an actual sense that movies and tv shows have, are, and will be filmed here.

Phase 2 2016 - 2020

_original

Phase 2 is the opening of the actual park, well half of it. Due to an agreement with the Singapore government that was made rather last minute Disney Studios, had to be planned, cleared, and built in four years. In comparison Shanghai Disneyland was announced in 2009, and opened in 2016; that was a 7 year gap. Due to this various things (Star Wars and Marvel) in the park were cut, or pushed off for a later date. So without further ado a list of the offerings on opening day.

Disney Studios –

Hollywood Boulevard –

Hollywood Boulevard is set during the Golden Age of Cinema, specifically the 1940's to 1960's. Here guests will find a recreation of the land seen at Disney's Hollywood Studios. There will be plenty of meet and greets, restaurants, shows, entertainment, stores, and attractions to spend time feeling you are a star.

goldenmickeys.jpg

Attractions :

The Cathay Circle Theater – Now Showing Fantasia (A - Ticket)
A faithful recreation of the Cathay Circle Theater, becomes the home to a talking Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet. Guests will wait in line in the cinema's lobby while clips from Fantasia play, the smell of popcorn is piped in. Guests go backstage, and meet the big cheese himself, Mickey.

The Great Movie Ride (E - Ticket)
The costs of this ride will be shared with Disney's Hollywood Studios as it includes new scenes from films such as Grease(Replaces Singin' in the Rain), La La Land(Replaces Footlight Parade), Nosferatu (Replaces Generic Horror), The Avengers (Replaces first half of Gangsters), The Lion King (Replaces Tarzan), Star Wars : A New Hope (Replaces Alien), and Titanic (Replaces Casablanca). THis comes along with a new ending montage, but besides that they're practically the same.

The Golden Mickeys (D - Ticket)
A copy of the concept of the Disney Cruise Line show, as guests wait for the show using the screens embedded into the backs of the seats they will vote on who will win in categories such as Best Princess, Best Cartoon Star, etc. The nominees change with the season, except for the category of Best Song. Each category will have five choices, and the Best Song nominees will all perform on stage with vibrant projections, singers, and dancers. When a winner is announced a short 30 second montage of their film and score play along with cool lighting effects to accommodate. This new revitalized concept will give guests an exciting opportunity to part of an awards show, and will pretty much guarantee that each show will be different.

Entertainment :

The Citizens of Hollywood
This is a carbon copy of the Citizens of Hollywood at Disney's Hollywood Studios as well as those at Buena Vista Street. The only difference is that the citizens appear all day and night.

Hooray for Hollywood Parade
An immersive parade that goes throughout the park, that emanates the spirit of Hollywood. The units in the show will be as followed :
The Muppets - Off to Hollywood, The Avengers - Action Genre, Indiana Jones - Adventure Genre, Star Wars - Sci-Fi Genre, The Wizard of Oz - Fantasy Genre, Mary Poppins - Musical Genre, Pixar - Animation, and Mickey and Friends closing it off.

Meet and Greets :

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at Park Entrance Left
Daisy Duck at Park Entrance Right
Sorcerer Mickey at Cathay Circle Theater
Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale at Stars Square

Stores :

The Big Picture
Mickey’s of Hollywood
Feature Memorabilia

Restaurants :

The Hollywood & Vine (American - Table Service)
Sun and Moon Grill (TexMex - Quick Service)
The Brown Derby (American - Fine Dining)
Starlet’s Cafe presented by Starbucks (Starbucks - Quick Service)

The Front Lot –

Guests who want a more serene experience can find it here, with a large lake used periodically throughout the day for fountain shows, the daily parade, and only a few attractions, stores, and restaurants can unwind and take their time in this land.

snowflake-nightmare-before-christmas-wallpapers-1600x1200.jpg

Attractions :

Muppet*Vision 4D : (C - Ticket)
Again on a shared budget with Disney's Hollywood Studios, guests can experience a randomized authentic Muppet show. Some possible highlights of the show will be The Sweedish Chef and Pepe teaching guests how to make Shrimp Scampi, Miss Piggy singing Katy Perry's Firework, Gonzo's Indoor Running of the Bulls, and many more wild Muppet moments that will always end in a rendition of Rainbow Connection with the whole gang. This new take on the classic show will bring in the laughs and audiences for years to come.

A Nightmare Before Christmas : (C - Ticket)
A Nightmare Before Christmas will be a classic Fantasyland dark ride, that goes through the happenings of the film. It will be affordable, and easy to copy if it needs to be for other parks. Either way it will remain a fun ride, that families will love.

Production Showcase : (A - Ticket)
Production Showcase is a theater that shows the previews that Disney loves to put in its parks. In its lobby there's various props from movies it has presented or is presenting. There will also be a place to pick up 3D glasses if they are needed for the preview. It helps synergize the parks with the film division, bringing guests closer to the films.

Entertainment :

The Power of the Force :
Throughout the day a Jedi will walk out from backstage, and go to the lake. Here he will control the fountains for a fifteen minute fountain show synced to pieces of music from the Star Wars saga. At the end of the show he bodes his/her watchers farewell, and may the force be with them. The Jedi walks back to the backstage.

Muppets Mobile Lab :
Throughout the day Muppets Mobile Lab, now relocated from Discoveryland at Disneyland Park surprises guests with joyous entertainment.

World of Color :
Unlike its California sister, the one here has a story. Guests see as Oswald struggles with the fact he is black and white, he tips over a bottle of ink causing color chaos to break out. Yensid pulls him out of the color vortex, and gives him a color wheel telling him to travel through the World of Color to remedy his mistake. Oswald visits the worlds of Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Fantasia, Finding Nemo, Pocahontas, Tangled, Enchanted, Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Moana in order to stop the color chaos. In return he is given his blue shorts, and is reunited with his once deceased love Ortensia. The show will be filled with wonder, joy, laughter, tears, and fear as guests cap off their day at Disney Studios.

Stores :

Whatnots (Muppet*Vision Gift Shop)

Restaurants :

Muppet Catering Company (Chinese - Quick Service)

The Back Lot –

Here's where the real movie magic happens, set in a New York City enviroment The Back Lot emulates what it feels to actually be on a backlot with multitude of facades emulating a 1940's Gangster film. However if the facade of a backlot is not exciting, then go on the studio tour, and see an actual studio in action. This land will be home to the park's headliner attraction, The Gangs of New York.

Ryan-Gosling-and-Emma-Stone-in-La-La-Land.jpg

Attractions :

La La Land – A Musical Spectacular : (D - Ticket)
A Broadway caliber show based on the hit modern classic La La Land, is housed in the park. Guests get ready to watch Mia and Sebastian's romance blossom in a hour performance of the movie highlighting the best songs and scenes of the film. This show will delight guests, and will be a sure fit hit for guests of all ages. The theater that houses the show is equipped with a restroom and concession stand located in the lobby. Fastpass is offered for guests who wish to sit in the first five rows, or for balcony seats.

Disney Studios Tram Tour : (D - Ticket)
Guests will queue in the Imagineer's Workshop passing various animatronics from past attractions worldwide. Highlights include the trolls from Maelstrom, Wendy and the mermaids from Adventure in Neverland, and some Country Bears from Disneyland, however this is only a few animatronics on hand. On the tram route there will be four scenes to bring guests behind the scenes. The first being Stitch's Great Escape repurposing animatronics, set pieces, and animation from the Magic Kingdom ride. This is followed by Catastrophe Canyon straight from Walt Disney World. This is followed by a 3D 360 experience where guests are part of the Avenger as they fight off Thanos and his minions. The final scene is a recreation of the trench run from Star Wars A New Hope using a 3D 360 screen. Alon the route there will be actual studio buildings, sets, and soundstages being in use. Shows that are currently being filmed here are for Disney Channel and are :
- Up Late with the Stars: A late night talk show for adults on Disney Channel, this competes with the likes of Kimmel, Fallon, and Colbert.
- The Disney Vault: Broadcasted worldwide, iconic celebrities talk about and introduce classic Disney films to be shown on TV channels such as ABC, Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Freeform. Films that will be used include Snow White, Lion King, Frozen, and Star Wars to name a few.
- Wonderful World of Disney: A remake of the original show showcasing classic cartoons, and new skits made with a recurring set of local actors.
- Imagine That! : A Behind the Scenes show for all Disney brands, but a focus on Parks, this is broadcasted worldwide on Disney Channel.

Times Square Stage :
This is the home to three separate streetmoshpere musicals all set in New York, those musicals being Newsies, Annie, and West Side Story. It will be a very brief 15 minute show highlighting the songs and dancing of the three musicals. The three shows will alternate throughout the day, and some shows will incorporate the facades nearby.

The Gangs of New York : (E - Ticket)
Using the same ride technology as that in Indiana Jones, guests go through the streets of New York in the 1920's. There will rival gangs, flappers, wild dancing, shoot outs, love, and most importantly fun on this exciting E-Ticket. This ride will have Fastpass as an option.

Entertainment :

Marvel Live! :
Reusing the Captain America Live! stage on wheels, guests can experience a lively nighttime dance party themed to Marvel. Guests can dance to current pop hits, and with Captain America, Black Panther, Starlord, Gamora, and Spider-Man.

Stores :

Lights, Cameras, Gifts!
Big Apple, Little Apple (The Gangs of New York Gift Shop)

Restaurants :

Studio Warehouse (American - Quick Service)
Tony’s Italian Bistro (Italian - Table Service)

Animation Avenue –

hkdl-att-buzz-lightyear-astor-blasters-hero-00.jpg

Attractions :

Villains Tonight! : (B - Ticket)
A carbon copy of the Cruiseline show reusing the sets and costumes from the show.

The Magic of Animation : (A - Ticket)
A carbon copy of the former experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Zootopia : City Chasers : (C - Ticket)
A Roger Rabbit style dark ride, guests drive through Zootopia looking for a black panther that has gone savage. There are various chases, and even an encounter with Mr.Big himself.

The World of Pixar :
An indoor subland part of Animation Avenue.

The Scarefloor : (D - Ticket)
The much sought after Door coaster is brought to life as guests go through the doors are at Monsters Inc. This is a hanging coaster, and has fastpass.

Monsters Inc. : Comedy Club : (C - Ticket)
A carbon copy of the Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom

Mike’s House : (A - Ticket)
A meet and greet are for Mike and Sulley.

Slinky Dog Spin : (A - Ticket)
A carbon copy of the ride at Walt Disney Studios Paris.

Woody’s Roundup : (B - Ticket)
A whip style ride like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, here guests go around a Western town looking for Jessie's lost lasso with Woody and Bullseye.

Buzz Lightyear: To the Rescue! : (E - Ticket)
A new take on the classic attraction, guests are enlisted as Space Rangers, fight off evil aliens and robots until you reach Emperor Zurg. This version of the ride utilizes user controlled spinning, removable guns, Augmented Reality, Animatronics, Static Figures, Screens, and Physical Sets to become the ultimate Buzz Lightyear ride. This ride offers Fastpass.

The Toy Box : (A - Ticket)
The Toy Box serves as the Meet and Greet location for Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

Turtle Talk with Crush (A - Ticket)
A carbon copy of the Epcot attraction, but with two theaters.

Adventures through the Reef (C - Ticket)
Using a Peoplemover system, guest ride the currents with Mr. Ray as they learn about coral reefs, and play hide and seek with Nemo and his friends.

Bing Bong’s Friendly Flyers (A - Ticket)
A Dumbo style spinner where guests board oen of Big Bong's Song powered wagons, and fly around him a memory tower showcasing some of his favorite memories of him and Riley.

Adventures thru Imaginationland (B - Ticket)
Boarding trains similar to appereance of those of Heilmich's Chew Chew Train, but with a unicorn motif; guests go on a tour of Imaginationland hosted by Princess Fairy Unicorn. Various scenes will include Cloud City, French Fry Forest, and the Imaginary Boyfriend Maker Machine are just some of the highlights of this fun yet simple ride.

The Headquarters (A - Ticket)
Guests can go up to Headquarters, and meet Joy and Sadness.

Meet and Greets :

Nick or Judy at Zootopia Film Set
Mike and Sulley at The World of Pixar : The Land of Monsters
Woody and Buzz Lightyear at The World of Pixar : The Land of Toys
Joy and Sadness at The World of Pixar : The Land of Emotions
Wreck It – Ralph at The Magic of Animation
Jack from Disney’s Gigantic at The Magic of Animation
Miguel from Disney*Pixar’s Coco at The Magic of Animation

Stores :

In Character
Monsters Inc. Giftshop (The Scarefloor Giftshop)
Space Ranger Landing (Buzz Lightyear : To the Rescue! Giftshop)
Hamm’s Treasures
Dory’s Shell Shack
Dream Studios Memorabilia

Restaurants :

The Potato Head Snack Corner (Healthy Snacks - Counter Service)
Harryhausen’s Express (Japanese - Table Service)
Dream Studios Catering Company (American - Quick Service)
Animator’s Palette (World - Table Service)​

I'm not too fond of the 'studio' park enviorment. It just seems like an excuse to put many properties together. You need a more immersive park to draw me and other customers in, especially after the PR disaster of WDS.

There are a few other flaws here too. I'm not too keen on having a Gangster ride being the primary attraction. It isn't a big anchor to draw crowds in, like Marvel or Star Wars would be. Also, what's with this La La Land thing? I doubt it's even owned by Disney, plus the movie wasn't too good anyhow. ;)

upload_2017-2-26_9-51-5.png

spacemt354

Chili's
I've decided to go with *drumroll*

Magic Feather's offer!:D

Hmm... Disney Jr. Stays as is. Moana Comes and reuses the entire queue and theater. The queue and animation façade get repainted and reused instead of the new façade, and the old backlot queue is used. Fantasia, Toad, snd lady scenes get cut. That is my offer (open to counters).

Thanks to all the other offers as well:bookworm:

Suchomimus

I'm not too fond of the 'studio' park enviorment. It just seems like an excuse to put many properties together. You need a more immersive park to draw me and other customers in, especially after the PR disaster of WDS.

There are a few other flaws here too. I'm not too keen on having a Gangster ride being the primary attraction. It isn't a big anchor to draw crowds in, like Marvel or Star Wars would be. Also, what's with this La La Land thing? I doubt it's even owned by Disney, plus the movie wasn't too good anyhow. ;)
Iagree with you for the most part, though Avatar isn't a Disney owned IP either but they still chose to get the rights and build a zone at AK (and hopefully they didn't choose quantity over quality for this one) but they don't have a current use (or seem to desire to get the rights) for La La Land anytime soon; and what's this about the show not being any good. I mean I've never seen it before, but I haven't seen Song of The South either. *cough Splash Mountain *cough cough

tcool123

I love all of this -- the only thing I would like taken out are the two ESPN buildings, as ESPN is losing subscribers faster than a jackrabbit on a hot summer morning and might not be the best investment going forward for Disney -- best to cut ties. :bookworm:
ESPN only has one building, the other is for Disney Channel. However I think I can drop ESPN, and bring in A+E Asia. They are already located in Singapore and a bit in Malaysia, and are half owned by Disney. So boom problem solved :D

* I will give you an upfront investment of 700 Million as long as there is a D-Zone in the park designed to my choosing so I can sit quietly on a bench and people-watch. :D
How about 800 Million for a D-Zone, and I'll throw in a Mickey Bar :D

That may be why I went with a Studio environment, just for the hodge podge of IPs. The park is highly immersive with Hollywood Boulevard enveloping guests in a 1940's Hollywood environment with lively streetmosphere. The Muppets Courtyard of the Front Lot will transport guests a revamped Muppets Studio based on the one shown in 2011 The Muppets. The New York Streets of the Backlot will bring guests into the city that never sleeps with large detailed facades, immersive performances, and an exciting gangster ride. FInally The World of Pixar will be exceptionally themed with four different rooms. The Monsters Inc section will be themed to the interior of the building from the film as long as the night suburbs of Monstropolis, The Toy Story section will be set in a recreation of Andy's room, The Inside Out section will be set in a mixture of Long Term Memory and Imginationland, and The Finding Nemo section will be expertly themed to a colorful coral reef.

Due to budget cuts the Star Wars land, Mandalore, and the Marvel land, Disaster City, had to be cut so that the park could open by 2020, and not be rushed. The reason for its headliner status is because of the technology, the theming, and the originality that will be going for this ride. The alternative would be a park with the theming of WDSP, and a less diverse attraction count.

Also La La Land is there simply because it's delightful and I love it, and how dare you criticize the best film of 2016! :mad::rolleyes::p
Besides who wouldn't want to see a live reenactment of Someone in the Crowd and Another Day of Sun?

spacemt354

Chili's
ESPN only has one building, the other is for Disney Channel. However I think I can drop ESPN, and bring in A+E Asia. They are already located in Singapore and a bit in Malaysia, and are half owned by Disney. So boom problem solved :D

How about 800 Million for a D-Zone, and I'll throw in a Mickey Bar :D

That may be why I went with a Studio environment, just for the hodge podge of IPs. The park is highly immersive with Hollywood Boulevard enveloping guests in a 1940's Hollywood environment with lively streetmosphere. The Muppets Courtyard of the Front Lot will transport guests a revamped Muppets Studio based on the one shown in 2011 The Muppets. The New York Streets of the Backlot will bring guests into the city that never sleeps with large detailed facades, immersive performances, and an exciting gangster ride. FInally The World of Pixar will be exceptionally themed with four different rooms. The Monsters Inc section will be themed to the interior of the building from the film as long as the night suburbs of Monstropolis, The Toy Story section will be set in a recreation of Andy's room, The Inside Out section will be set in a mixture of Long Term Memory and Imginationland, and The Finding Nemo section will be expertly themed to a colorful coral reef.

Due to budget cuts the Star Wars land, Mandalore, and the Marvel land, Disaster City, had to be cut so that the park could open by 2020, and not be rushed. The reason for its headliner status is because of the technology, the theming, and the originality that will be going for this ride. The alternative would be a park with the theming of WDSP, and a less diverse attraction count.

Also La La Land is there simply because it's delightful and I love it, and how dare you criticize the best film of 2016! :mad::rolleyes::p
Besides who wouldn't want to see a live reenactment of Someone in the Crowd and Another Day of Sun?

800 Million with a life-time supply of funnel cakes and we got a deal:D

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'll propose an idea to the shark tank.

New World Showcase pavilion themed to Australia. The outback of Australia will be represented by a future Animal Kingdom land, but the modern city aspect of Australia will be represented here.

The signature attraction will be the Sydney Opera house. The opera house will be placed right at the water's edge in the main walking path around the showcase. A small path will be placed in front of the opera house along the lake and the main path will be looped behind the opera house through the main city section.

bDYfyx0.jpg

White - Opera House
Orange - Path
Gray - shops/restaurants​

Inside the opera house an updated version of the Finding Nemo Musical will be built. This would free up the theater in Animal Kingdom for a new show.

The rest of the pavilion will be traditional world showcase type stuff. A restaurant with the culture's famous dishes, shops with unique items from that country, etc.

kmbmw777

New World Showcase pavilion themed to Australia. The outback of Australia will be represented by a future Animal Kingdom land, but the modern city aspect of Australia will be represented here.

The signature attraction will be the Sydney Opera house. The opera house will be placed right at the water's edge in the main walking path around the showcase. A small path will be placed in front of the opera house along the lake and the main path will be looped behind the opera house through the main city section.

bDYfyx0.jpg

White - Opera House
Orange - Path

Inside the opera house an updated version of the Finding Nemo Musical will be built. This would free up the theater in Animal Kingdom for a new show.

The rest of the pavilion will be traditional world showcase type stuff. A restaurant with the culture's famous dishes, shops with unique items from that country, etc.
I like this. The idea of the Nemo musical going here is really unique and I like it. My offer - add another aquarium somewhat themed to The Great Barrier Reef but mostly Nemo, to the back of the pavilion with a Nemo gift shop, so that The Seas can become Nemo free. I'll grant you the fund to accomplish this, but I own 25 percent.

Magic Feather

bDYfyx0.jpg

White - Opera House
Orange - Path

Ok. I'll buy if the Opera House is moved to the back of the pavillion, with a one sided facade, leaving the main walkway intact. The only update to the musical is the theater interior, projections, and graphics. One TS restaurant and three shops, with a food cart.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I like this. The idea of the Nemo musical going here is really unique and I like it. My offer - add another aquarium somewhat themed to The Great Barrier Reef but mostly Nemo, to the back of the pavilion with a Nemo gift shop, so that The Seas can become Nemo free. I'll grant you the fund to accomplish this, but I own 25 percent.
Tempting, but I would worry about turning this into the "Nemo pavilion" the same way Norway became the "Frozen pavilion." I was trying to keep Nemo stuff contained inside the opera house.
Ok. I'll buy if the Opera House is moved to the back of the pavillion, with a one sided facade, leaving the main walkway intact. The only update to the musical is the theater interior, projections, and graphics. One TS restaurant and three shops, with a food cart.
I put the opera house at the front to make Australia stand out and be unique. But I understand that it could lead to a lot of practicality issues. I think of the two offers, your's is the one I'll go with. Aside from Opera house placement, we seem very much on the same page here.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
An older concept of mine, once proposed in this cursed tank... Yet no bite. I present (once again)
Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: Breakout!
I Like it. Solid idea. Very well written and well thought out.

My big concerns is capacity. This would be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe attraction in the east coast. Also, it would be based on one of the most popular new movie series of the last decade. This is going to bring a very large number of people in and i feel like the Stitch theaters just will not be large enough to hold the crowds rushing in for it. On top of that, Magic Kingdom doesn't need to draw larger crowds, it needs to spread them out. MK, needs people eaters and new lands to disperse crowds before something like this is added that would bring a lot of people to the park.

Bottom line, Magic Kingdom is already over crowded and this is simply not a large enough space to hold the large number of people that would be interested in a Guardians attraction.

My offer:
Put it in another park and add a Baby Groot animatronic to the show and I'll fund it for 30 percent of mechandise revenue.

Magic Feather

I Like it. Solid idea. Very well written and well thought out.

My big concerns is capacity. This would be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe attraction in the east coast. Also, it would be based on one of the most popular new movie series of the last decade. This is going to bring a very large number of people in and i feel like the Stitch theaters just will not be large enough to hold the crowds rushing in for it. On top of that, Magic Kingdom doesn't need to draw larger crowds, it needs to spread them out. MK, needs people eaters and new lands to disperse crowds before something like this is added that would bring a lot of people to the park.

Bottom line, Magic Kingdom is already over crowded and this is simply not a large enough space to hold the large number of people that would be interested in a Guardians attraction.

My offer:
Put it in another park and add a Baby Groot animatronic to the show and I'll fund it for 30 percent of mechandise revenue.
Put it in DHS, Baby Groot in preshow, and 25%

spacemt354

Chili's
I forgot we had this thread. :p

Ok so the way it works is (like on the show) you propose one of your attractions and anyone who is interested (a shark) can put a "bid" on it and/or ask you to adjust things to the proposal.

It's all hypothetical but is a different way to get reviews than simply one person's feedback -- so I'll kick it back up and tag some who may be interested in reviewing - anyone can do it though!

@Pionmycake @kmbmw777 @tcool123 @MonorailRed
I'll tag a few more people to see if there's anyone interested in entering da "tank" -- or to simply observe the exchanges! Also if it wasn't mentioned before, you can use your own past projects:bookworm: As in you don't have to create new ones -- as I will be doing tonight:D

@FigmentPigments @Brer Oswald @MCParradox @Poe Dameron

tcool123

From The Elite Eight Season 2 -

aladdin_by_tcool123-d9k1i60.png

Fantalusion is a new nighttime parade debuting at Disneyland Shanghai on opening night. Fantalusion is a combination of the words Fantastic and Illusion so it's a fantastic illusion. Fantalusion will consist of 9 units. The soundtrack for the parade will incorporate many beloved songs from beloved Disney classics. Here are some quick facts on the new parade. There are 16 main floats, 25 drones, 134 performers, and an estimated time of 20 - 35 minutes due to the scope of the actual parade. Now lets dim the lights, and let the music pour into the streets as the floats get ready to go down the parade route.

Technology -

In this new parade Disney will use technology never used before in any Disney parade, and it will also improve on older systems used in past parades. All the floats will be incorporate LED lights and fiber optics. Fiber Optics will also be used in all the costumes in this parade. For the sound of the parade relays will be built into the floats to tell the speakers throughout the park what music to play. Drones for the first time will be used in a Disney park by Disney for a parade. Five drones will be flying and controlling Dumbo. These drones will be black, and will make the least amount of noise as possible as they fly. The drones will be connected to Dumbo by clear strong wires. Three small drones will control his two ears and his trunk, and two larger drones will fly his body. Twenty more small drones will be used in the Princess Promenade Unit to have lanterns float along the unit as Rapunzel and Flynn's float goes down the route. These drones will be hidden inside the lanterns, and will be as quiet as the ones used for Dumbo. The next thing is the use of automated whirlies which formally used drivers. The automated whirlies will use LPS and sensors to know where they are, and what to do. The units using this are Pooh's Hero Celebration for the Honey Pots, and Alice's UnBirthday Party for the Tea Cups.

fiber-optic-dress-640x533.jpg

(Fiber Optic Clothing)

Soundtrack -

A new original song will be written taking nods from the theme of SpectroMagic.
Mulan's Welcoming Cavalcade : Honor to Us All, Girl Worth Fighting For, Make a Man Out Of You
Dumbo's Circus : When I See an Elephant Fly, Casey Jr, Circus Parade
Prince Ali's Caravan : Arabian Nights, Prince Ali, A Whole New World
Simba's Coronation : Circle of Life, I Just Can’t Wait to Be King, He Lives in You
Stitch's Luau : He Mele No Lilo, Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride, Aloha E Komo Mai
Pooh's Hero Celebration : Winnie the Pooh, Everything is Honey, The Tummy Song
Princess Promenade : Beauty & the Beast, I See the Light, Love is an Open Door
Alice's UnBirthday Party : Painting the Roses Red, March of the Cards, Merry UnBirthday
Disney's Farewell : Mickey Mouse Club March, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, When You Wish Upon a Star, Saludos Amigos

Parade Units -

Unit 1 - Mulan's Welcoming Cavalcade

A rolling sign pushed by two cast members passes by, and to accommodate the various languages both the Chinese and English name of the parade will be present. Following the rolling sign will be 12 performers marching on opposite sides of the route there will be 6 on each side. As they march they will be holding up Chinese lanterns with the Chinese symbol for Welcome or Hello. In between both rows of the marching performers there will be a Chinese Dragon being performed by 5 people. The Chinese Dragon will be able to change to a color scheme of Red and Gold, Gold and Green, or Red and Green. They will be followed by a welcoming pagoda that has color changing shingles and lanterns. On the bottom of the float will be the powerful, the pleasurable, the indestructible Mushu! Riding on the top of the pagoda is Mulan. Following the pagoda there will be three yo-yo trick artists performing yo-yo tricks , and these performers will be clad in armor from the film. Closing off the unit will be Shang walking behind the yo-yo trick artists.

003_by_tcool123-d9joxx3.png

(Concept Sketch)

Lit Objects
- Welcome Sign (LED)
- Lanterns of Hello & Welcome (LED)
- Chinese Dragon (Fiber Optics)
- Lanterns on Pagoda (LED)
- Shingles on Pagoda (LED)
- Yo-Yos (LED)

Unit 2 - Dumbo's Circus

As the previous unit 'float's away Dumbo in his clown outfit comes flying in literally! Following Dumbo will be a small float of a hippo pulling a music playing, bubble spewing calliope. The hippo will turn her head from side to side, and will occasionally blink. Running up behind the hippo are a group of 5 clowns. Their outfits will have polka dots that change color as they perform their silly antics. Rounding off this unit will be a float having a tiny clown car being driven by a large muscular circus clown.

maxresdefault.jpg

(How the Hippo & Calliope look Like)

Lit Objects
- Dumbo's Clown Outfit (Fiber Optics)
- Hippo's Harnesses (Fiber Optics)
- Calliope's Pipes (LED)
- Giant Clown's Outfit (Fiber Optics)

Unit 3 - Prince Ali's Caravan

As the clown car rolls away a miniature float comes into view. The float being a sandy desert with 2 sitting camels. The camels will move their heads side to side spitting out water on onlookers. Following the camels is the Genie of the Lamp in his parade marshal outfit. As he transverses the route he twirls and throws a baton around. Quickly following the Genie are a troop of harem dancers performing along the parade route. Finally wrapping up the unit is an elephant Abu. Abu’s head will move side to side, and his eyes will occasionally blink. On top of Abu will be the Magic Carpet carrying Aladdin and Jasmine.

aladdin_by_tcool123-d9jvi6f.png

(Idea for the floats)

Lit Objects
- Harnesses on Camels (Fiber Optics)
- Genie's Baton (LED)
- Magic Carpet (Fiber Optics)
- Sheets on Abu (Fiber Optics)

Unit 4 - Simba's Coronation

As the last unit goes away a troop of eight African folk dancers take to the street. There costumes will be various shades of dark reds, oranges, and greens. Following the dancers is a large tree float with Rafiki in it. Plenty of bobbles hang from the branches of the tree. Observant guests will notice that behind Rafiki is the picture of baby Simba that Rafiki had painted. Following Rafiki are reused artimals from the Jammin' Jungle Parade. Specifaclly the reused animals being a chameleon, a giraffe, a wildebeest, and a gazelle. However each of the animals will receive a new paint scheme with earthy shades of brown, green, red, and yellow. Following the four animals is a float of Pride Rock with the mighty Simba at top occasionally letting out a powerful roar. Surrounding the base of Pride Rock are plants with changing colors taken directly from the scene of I Just Can't Wait to Be King.

aladdin_by_tcool123-d9k009n.png

(Look of the Artimals & Pride Rock)

Lit Objects
- Rafiki's Tree Bobbles (LED)
- Painted Baby Simba (LED)
- Greens, Reds, and Yellows on Artimals (LED)
- Color Changing Plants on Pride Rock (Fiber Optics)

Unit 5 - Stitch's Luau

Once the previous unit is away a troop of four fire dancers come along. The fire breathers come with fire pois in hand. They are waving them around as well as using them to blow fire. Following them are a group of six hula dancers dressed in colorful leas, and other colorful apparel for the art of the hula. Following close behind is a float split into two. The first half presents guests with a wave going up and down diagonally while a surfboard changes angles from up to down. Upon the surfboard is Stitch with a lea around his neck. On the sandy shore torches are picked into the ground next to a flat rock stage. Upon the stage is Lilo in her hula outfit.

stitch-surfing-o.gif

(Giving an idea on how the surfboard/wave could work)

Lit Objects
- Torches & Poi (Fire)
- Surfboard (LED)

Unit 6 - Pooh's Hero Celebration

Following the last unit are three spinning honey pots that you can tell is honey as it has 'Hunny' written upon them. The honey pots go from side to side of the parade route spinning all the while. Zigzagging their way around the honey pots, and towards the main float are four performers on roller skates dressed as busy honey bees. Following this all is a honey fountain. On the first level of fountain are four honey poohs playing in the honey. On the second level Winnie the Pooh is seen eating honey happily, and two more honey poohs playing.

002_by_tcool123-d9jlvfc.png

(Concept Sketch)

Lit Objects
- Honey Spewing out of Honey Pots (LED)
- Honey Poohs (LED)
- Honey Fountain (LED)

Unit 7 - Princess Promenade

As the honey drips away four couples waltz in. One couple being a pair of performers dressed in formal ware inspired by red roses, the next couple being Tiana and Naveen, followed by Snow White and The Prince, and the last couple being Aurora and Prince Philip. Following the couples is a gazebo decorated in roses. Inside the gazebo are Belle & Beast dancing beneath a miniature chandelier. As the gazebo rolls away lanterns float in surrounding a boat floating along the parade route. Inside the boat are Rapunzel and Flynn in awe of the floating lanterns all around them. On the boat will also be a color changing Pascal saving a lantern from falling. Following the lanterns and boat are four more waltzing couples. Once couple being performers in snowflake inspired formal ware, the next couple being Cinderella and Prince Charming, followed by Ariel and Eric, and ending off with Anna and Kristoff. Following the waltzing couples is a gazebo appearing to be made of ice and snow, and inside the gazebo is Elsa herself.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Appearance of Rapunzel's Boat)

Lit Objects
- Roses on Gazebo
(LED)
- Chandelier (LED)
- Floating Lanterns (LED)
- Color Changing Pascal (LED)
- Pascal's Lantern (LED)
- Rapunzel's Hair (Fiber Optics)
- Ice Gazebo (LED)

Unit 8 - Alice's UnBirthday Party

As the route thaws three teacups come spinning and moving into view. These three teacups will have seemed to have come directly from the Mad Tea Party attractions. Inside each of the teacups will either be The Queen of Hearts, The White Rabbit, or The Cheshire Cat. Proceeding the teacups in another float split into two this one being divided by a hedge with a large heart shaped opening. On the front of the float will be several rose bushes being painted red by two cards. Through the opening of the hedge it will be seen that a tea party is happening. As the back becomes visible it is clear that Alice and The Mad Hatter are having an UnBirthday party. A table set with plenty of teapots will be present. Occasionally Dorm Mouse pops out of one of the teapots.

unbirthday-alice-in-wonderland-21295620-1280-1024.jpg

(The UnBirthday Scene)

Lit Objects
- Teacups (LED)
- Roses (LED)
- Tea Pots (LED)

Unit 9 - Disney's Farewell

As the previous unit goes away various a troop of four performers dressed in traditional Mexican clothing perform traditional Mexican dances. Following the dancers are Jose Caricoa, Panchito, Woody, and Jessie. Which in turn are followed by a pinata float that itself changes color. On the pinata are guitars, maracas, and colorful dead trees. More importantly however Donald and Daisy Duck are on the float as well dancing away. Following the float are four dancers dressed in outfits inspired by woodland creatures. Following the performers are Merida, Pocahontas, Pinocchio, and Jiminy Cricket. Behind them looms a large willow tree which sitting at the top of the tree are brothers Chip and Dale. Following the last float are four more performers in robes inspired by what Mickey wore in Fantasia. Finally walking along the route is Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, and Oswald. Followed by a rocky peak with a comet swirling around it. On top of the peak is Sorcerer Mickey. Wrapping up the parade are two people carrying a banner saying goodbye, and to come again.

three_caberlero_fan_parade_float_by_tcool123-d9jltji.png

(Concept Sketch)

Lit Objects
- Color Changing Star Pinata (LED)
- Guitar Strings (Fiber Optics)
- Maraca Stripes (LED)
- Trees (LED)
- Willow Tree Leaves (Fiber Optics)
- Comet (LED)

With that the parade ends, and the lights lighten up as the normal area music is piped in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom