Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

spacemt354

Chili's
Bonus Challenge!

The Fort Wilderness Railroad
image_002.jpg

Restoring the country wilderness, turn of the century steam engine to the Fort Wilderness Resort area, the Fort Wilderness Railroad will once again ride the rails. Beginning on the outskirts of the Resort, this project will revitalize the rails that once ran through this terrain, with stops at the new and improved River County, as well as the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, before returning the grand circle tour of the resort.

This will add newfound enjoyment of the Fort Wilderness area for the next generation, as well as a nostalgic boost from people who enjoyed riding these rails in the early days of the Walt Disney World Resort!

spacemt354

Chili's
In celebration (and anticipation) for the next One Sentence challenge - I'm going to "challenge" myself - to try and come up with one idea (5 sentence each) per day - leading up to the start!

Let's see what happens - but hey, it's worth a shot!:bookworm::D

spacemt354

Chili's
Beaches and Cream Expansion
e10eb14fab5b3dbd332a4ced980c33fd.jpg

beaches-and-cream-soda-shop-gallery00.jpg

One of the most popular soda shops on Disney property is the Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at the Beach Club Resort, and since it is so popular, one of the downsides is the wait-time to eat inside, which forces many to simply take-out (which can be a long line as well)

Fortunately, in this scenario - Beaches and Cream will be getting an expansion - pushing back the mirror wall as seen in the image above, and into the Lafferty Arcade next door - doubling the seating capacity and shrinking the wait-times for guests to get in.
B%26C03.jpg

(expansion to the left)

The same 50s soda shop theme will remain in tact, along with the coveted kitchen sink and other famous menu items that make the soda shop a fan favorite.

The Lafferty arcade will remain, however the size will be cut to a size similar to Hustles and Bustles at the Wilderness Lodge, a smaller arcade, but an arcade nonetheless.

This expansion, in addition the outdoor seating will allow better flexibility and more capacity for a restaurant in much need of it!
beaches-and-cream-menu1.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
(Would have liked more to it, a little under the weather today, but to keep my one per day goal..)

The Courtyard at Disney's Beach Club Resort

Staying at Disney's Beach Club Resort, there are rooms that have a "woods" view, which in my opinion, kinda distract from the "beach" theme of the resort. Therefore, by the entrance to the international gateway in Epcot, the woods view rooms will now look out onto a courtyard, grassy area, for relaxation and shade. As guests walk around the brim of the resort to either go back to their rooms or the villas further down the road, a quaint courtyard will wait for them as they pass by. In addition, this would give guests a more pleasant view, as well as a better look at world showcase and Epcot in the distance for room foreworks viewing.

Overall, this minor change would bring major positive guest reviews for the resort!

spacemt354

Chili's
Did I say Wednesday? I meant Friday:rolleyes::p

Sorry - any free time was spent on the Twist in Time project (keeping this up was harder than I thought:hungover:)

Nevertheless - here's my project for the day...

Refurbishment of the Contemporary Lobby

In today's "Grand Canyon Concourse" - the elegance and modernism of the Contemporary lobby shined through with places such as the Concourse Steakhouse. However today, it has been replaced by the Contempo Cafe, and a giftshop has been placed on the other side of the Mary Blair mural.

In this refurbishment - I'd like to bring the name "Concourse Steakhouse" back - with a new menu and unique structural design, to add a bit of engineering to the concourse lobby.
contemporary_large.jpg

On the opposite side, rather than a gift shop, will be a seating area filled with foliage, as you can gaze up at the magnificent design of the lobby. Other gift shops and arcades will be on the left and right side respectively of this seating area, but the Contemporary Lobby should be a lobby where you can sit in awe and relax, not just simply walk through to get to your gift shop or monorail.
Contemp%2B1991B.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Did I say Wednesday? I meant Friday:rolleyes::p

Sorry - any free time was spent on the Twist in Time project (keeping this up was harder than I thought:hungover:)

Nevertheless - here's my project for the day...

Refurbishment of the Contemporary Lobby

In today's "Grand Canyon Concourse" - the elegance and modernism of the Contemporary lobby shined through with places such as the Concourse Steakhouse. However today, it has been replaced by the Contempo Cafe, and a giftshop has been placed on the other side of the Mary Blair mural.

In this refurbishment - I'd like to bring the name "Concourse Steakhouse" back - with a new menu and unique structural design, to add a bit of engineering to the concourse lobby.
contemporary_large.jpg

On the opposite side, rather than a gift shop, will be a seating area filled with foliage, as you can gaze up at the magnificent design of the lobby. Other gift shops and arcades will be on the left and right side respectively of this seating area, but the Contemporary Lobby should be a lobby where you can sit in awe and relax, not just simply walk through to get to your gift shop or monorail.
Contemp%2B1991B.jpg
If anyone wants to see more about what the Contemporary Lobby used to look like - I highly recommend checking out this blog that chronicles it all with pictures!
http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-contemporary-resort-through-1990s.html

It used to be much more elegant - I wish it would get an update

Daveeeeed

One Sentence Competition: Season 2 - Episode 4
WHAT IF?

You are entering another dimension.
To all that join this competition: welcome. This is a grand competition. Here, you will encounter obstacles and boundaries, but you will overcome them. The One Sentence Competition Episode 4 is dedicated to the simple ideas, the dreamers, and the change that you yourself will imagine.

This time you’ll replace many your childhood memories, but you will do this along with an overlay for a holiday. As the theme will be “What If.” In other words, what if something iconic and beloved Vanishes, and all memory with it. Because of that, you must create something else in its place.

For folks that haven’t heard, the One Sentence Competition is quick, easy and fun. In its fourth episode and second season, it is sure to be a blast! This competition does not have eliminations and instead is score based. Using Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each round you will write 1-5 sentences, can add up to two photos, and up to 2 additional sentences briefly describing a holiday overlay of the attraction. Each round, the holiday overlay will be your choice!

This is all set in the present day, so nothing from the past can be replaced. This competition extends farther than Walt Disney World and will go to all Disney Resorts in the world.

If you’re new, come and join us, it’s a laidback and non-time-consuming competition.

Now with all of this, if you should decide to join us, there’s room for a thousand. Any volunteers? Final arrangements may be made by saying “I’m in” below.

This Episode will officially depart November 1st. One bonus challenge will be a warm up beforehand but have no bearing on the actual competition. The first bonus will be below this post along with its due date.

I hope you decide to join us! Thank you, and have fun!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
One Sentence Competition: Season 2 - Episode 4
WHAT IF?

You are entering another dimension.
To all that join this competition: welcome. This is a grand competition. Here, you will encounter obstacles and boundaries, but you will overcome them. The One Sentence Competition Episode 4 is dedicated to the simple ideas, the dreamers, and the change that you yourself will imagine.

This time you’ll replace many your childhood memories, but you will do this along with an overlay for a holiday. As the theme will be “What If.” In other words, what if something iconic and beloved Vanishes, and all memory with it. Because of that, you must create something else in its place.

For folks that haven’t heard, the One Sentence Competition is quick, easy and fun. In its fourth episode and second season, it is sure to be a blast! This competition does not have eliminations and instead is score based. Using Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each round you will write 1-5 sentences, can add up to two photos, and up to 2 additional sentences briefly describing a holiday overlay of the attraction. Each round, the holiday overlay will be your choice!

This is all set in the present day, so nothing from the past can be replaced. This competition extends farther than Walt Disney World and will go to all Disney Resorts in the world.

If you’re new, come and join us, it’s a laidback and non-time-consuming competition.

Now with all of this, if you should decide to join us, there’s room for a thousand. Any volunteers? Final arrangements may be made by saying “I’m in” below.

This Episode will officially depart November 12th. Bonus challenges will be scattered throughout up until then, but have no bearing on the actual competition. The first bonus will be below this post along with its due date.

I hope you decide to join us! Thank you, and have fun!

Hope we can bring back some of the awesome players from last time!:cool:

@Disney Dad 3000
@Angels and Disney's
@michmousefan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom