Imagineeing Field Guide to DHS

xtimMOOthyx

Original Poster
Does anyone have news on this new book? I had placed my order with Amazon on 5/5 and received an email yesterday (5/27) stating that the delivery date was pushed back to 6/19. I also read elsewhere online that the book has been postponed until April 2010. Does anyone have other information or actually own book? Thanks for your help!

sjead

AEfx

I was ordering some Disney books the other day and put it in my Amazon cart. It's currently listed as "shipping in 11-13 days" and that it was released the end of last month.

It's holding up my whole order, of course (because I used Super Saver Shipping)...hearing this I'm gonna just drop it so I can get my other books and not keep waiting if it's not actually out. I'll just have to pick it up this summer.

EDIT : Just checked, and they are about to ship the other two books separately, and I still got free shipping...yay Amazon, LOL.

Helena123

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
I deffinately think is been pushed back, i just checked my delivery email from amazon

Delivery estimate: 29 April 2010 - 3 May 2010
Dispatch estimate for these items: 26 April 2010 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
i_safe.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The Imagineering Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios"
Alex Wright; Paperback; £5.77

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]if i'd know that i would have ordered it when it was actually available :brick:
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

djpoore94

I have this on order with Amazon too and just received an email that said I had to approve the change in order status since it has been delayed again. I went ahead and did that since I figure it'll still be easier for them to just send it when it's available than for me to reorder it. One nice thing about Amazon is they don't charge you until the item ships AND if the price goes up, they honor the price of the item at the time you placed your order. I've even gotten small refunds from them when a price has gone down on a new release between the time they shipped it (usually a day or two before the release date) and the actual release date.

AEfx

That's really strange...the US Amazon site still has it listed as released in April with a "11-13 Day" usually-ships time.

This makes me even more giddy, though, if it has been delayed until next year - I wonder if it has something to do with a change in the park that would affect the cover. ;)

Boray

I posted on an older thread about this a few days ago...

I had an order with Barnes and Noble, they asked me to re-confirm that I still wanted the book about a week ago because the delivery date had changed. Then, about 3 days ago, they notified me that the order had been cancelled...I guess it's not coming out now for another year?!?! :confused:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=342331

I don't think any of these books have come out on time, why is that?!?!?

Captain Chaos

Just received an email from Amazon about my order for this book as well.. They are saying there is a June 16, 2009 release date??? I am wondering if this delay has anything to do with... REMOVING THE HAT!! LoL..

AEfx

Just received an email from Amazon about my order for this book as well.. They are saying there is a June 16, 2009 release date??? I am wondering if this delay has anything to do with... REMOVING THE HAT!! LoL..

Hehe, that's what I was hinting at above. ;)

The release of the AK book before MGM was sort of the great big hint about the name change coming; I can only hope they are holding back the book so they can take that big ugly hat off the cover. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom