Imagine A Fully Custom Fireworks Show

dandwhit

Original Poster
Hi!
If you could imagine a firework show for Walt Disney World, what would it be like?
What what the storyline be?
Where and when would it take place?
What music would be in it?
Which characters would it feature?

Tell me below! Anything from simply the characters it would have in it to a fully detailed transcript with links to the music would be helpful! I'm just interested in what ideas people have. The more detailed the better :)

Dan

mharrington

I have an idea for a replacement for Wishes...

It is a new show to rival Disneyland's old show, Remember Dreams Come True, which is a tribute to Disneyland itself. Similar to that show, this one is not just another generic show about "magic" and "dreams"; instead it has some specific and, dare I say it, limiting themes to it. As such, there will be no "new" movies to show. Anyway, the show is based on the life of Walt Disney himself, sort of like the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. As such, there will be absolutely nothing of the contemporary period here. However, just as Remember... has the exact same opening as Wishes, so this show will begin with the same opening as another show. I was originally thinking of replicating Magical's opening, just as Remember... replicated the opening of Wishes. Instead, however, after seeing the opening of the new nighttime show at Tokyo Disneyland, Once Upon a Time, I decided that that show's opening will be used to start things off (but with different footage; no contemporary films, as seen in the video below):

Also, Cinderella Castle, similar to "Celebrate the Magic", features projections on its walls. Here's the basic summary of the show:

Part One: Opening
  • Introduction: The introduction is provided by Jiminy Cricket, who tells the audience about the legacy of one man, Walt Disney, who came along "once upon a time", and the beauty of dreams and how important they really are. The "Once Upon a Time" fanfare and theme plays here, introducing the main musical theme of the entire show.
  • When You Wish Upon a Star: Jiminy talks more about the legacy of Walt Disney.
  • Tinker Bell's Fligth: Jiminy invites the audience to share in Walt's dreams coming true in history and honor his spirit. A comet is launched across the sky as Tinker Bell flies out over the Magic Kingdom while the guests hear Walt saying "I only we never lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a mouse." The "Once Upon a Time" theme plays.

Part Two: Beginnings: Mickey and Friends
Walt is heard saying, "Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood. Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter. By nature, I'm an experimenter, so I was determined to diversify."

Similar to Celebrate the Magic, the scene starts with the famous scene from "Steamboat Willie" being drawn onto the castle, in a similar vein to the Walt Disney Animation Studios' on-screen logo. Scenes from "The Skeleton Dance", "Three Little Pigs" and several other shorts with Mickey and the gang are shown, projected on the castle, all while fireworks go off appropriately.

Music
  • Steamboat Willie
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Minnie's Yoo-Hoo
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
  • William Tell Overture
  • Donald Duck Theme
  • The World Owes Me a Living

Part Three: First Features
Walt is heard saying, "I just felt I just had to diversify my business. Now if I could crack the feature field, I could do things."

A montage begins on the first animated features at the studio, in order: "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". Footage of all three films is projected on the walls while fireworks continue to fill the air. The "Snow White" segment is partially based on the segment from "Once Upon a Time" (in terms of projection screening at least), which could help lead into the "Pinocchio" scene. The "Pinocchio" segment in particular is lifted from "Magical", fireworks effects and all (listen from 3:47 to 4:56):

For "Fantasia", Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice is seen projected on the castle and directing the music and fireworks.

Music
  • Some Day My Prince Will Come
  • Heigh-Ho
  • The Silly Song
  • Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee
  • Give a Little Whistle
  • I've Got No Strings
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • The Nutcracker Suite: Russian Dance
  • The Pastoral Symphony
  • Dance of the Hours
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice (reprise)

Part Four: Film Montage/Medley
Walt is heard saying, "Now I wanted enough different types of things that I could do with my organization that I could say, pull out of my nose with one of these pictures. But I had another one right behind it that would hit."

Music and sounds from later Disney films from "Dumbo" to "Lady and the Tramp" are heard. This is the equivalent of Remember Dreams Come True's segment on Fantasyland, Critter Country and Mickey's Toontown all in one. Meanwhile, raucous projections are shown as this happens. The music for "Dumbo" and "Alice In Wonderland" are the same segments as for Celebrate the Magic (from 2:10 to 2:47):

Music
  • Casey Junior
  • Little April Shower
  • The Three Caballeros
  • Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • Fun and Fancy Free
  • Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
  • The Unbirthday Song
  • You Can Fly
  • Bella Notte

Part Five: Disneyland
Walt is heard giving his opening-day speech at Disneyland. It then goes into a medley of tunes from the park as the fireworks keep going. It is basically a condensed version of Remember Dreams Come True, but obviously from Walt's timeline (granted, not all the songs featured are from his lifetime, but they did have his seal of approval).

Music
  • Maple Leaf Rag
  • The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)
  • Oh Shenandoah
  • Grim Grinning Ghosts
  • It's a Small World After All

Part Six: Mary Poppins
Walt is then heard saying, "We decided to try something that would employ about every trick we had learned in the making of films. We would combine cartoon and live action in an enormous fantasy, 'Mary Poppins'. What a far cry that was from 'Snow White'!" This is the same segment as in the Magical fireworks show at Disneyland, but with Mary Poppins' dialog replaced by that of Walt's.

Music
  • Chim-Chim-Cheree
  • Jolly Holiday
  • Step In Time
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
  • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Part Seven: Walt's Legacy
Walt is heard saying, "Well, after forty some odd years in the business, my greatest reward, I think, is that I've been able to build this wonderful organization. Also, to have the public appreciate and accept what I've done all these years. That is a great reward." A dramatic rendition of "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is heard as the main idea of how far Walt's legacy had gone and what the future holds in store.

Music
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Part Eight: Conclusion
Jiminy Cricket returns to provide the conclusion. He tells the audience about how Walt Disney became one of the most famous people in the world. A mix of both "Once Upon a Time" and "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is heard as the juxtaposition between the past and the future. "Gold Chrysanthemum" fireworks and stimulating bulbs (fireworks that explode and show flashes of light on the ends of the trails) are heavily used in the finale. Tinker Bell comes back for a return flight. The show ends in a cavalcade of fireworks as Walt Disney is heard saying once again, "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a mouse." Mickey is projected on Cinderella Castle and giggles a bit as Jiminy concludes, "We hoped you enjoyed the show and never forget about the man and his legacy!"

For the exit music, "When You Wish Upon a Star" is reprised. And so ends WDW's Magic Kingdom's new fireworks show, Disney Legacy In the Sky.

dandwhit

Original Poster
I have an idea for a replacement for Wishes...

It is a new show to rival Disneyland's old show, Remember Dreams Come True, which is a tribute to Disneyland itself. Similar to that show, this one is not just another generic show about "magic" and "dreams"; instead it has some specific and, dare I say it, limiting themes to it. As such, there will be no "new" movies to show. Anyway, the show is based on the life of Walt Disney himself, sort of like the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. As such, there will be absolutely nothing of the contemporary period here. However, just as Remember... has the exact same opening as Wishes, so this show will begin with the same opening as another show. I was originally thinking of replicating Magical's opening, just as Remember... replicated the opening of Wishes. Instead, however, after seeing the opening of the new nighttime show at Tokyo Disneyland, Once Upon a Time, I decided that that show's opening will be used to start things off (but with different footage; no contemporary films, as seen in the video below):

Also, Cinderella Castle, similar to "Celebrate the Magic", features projections on its walls. Here's the basic summary of the show:

Part One: Opening
  • Introduction: The introduction is provided by Jiminy Cricket, who tells the audience about the legacy of one man, Walt Disney, who came along "once upon a time", and the beauty of dreams and how important they really are. The "Once Upon a Time" fanfare and theme plays here, introducing the main musical theme of the entire show.
  • When You Wish Upon a Star: Jiminy talks more about the legacy of Walt Disney.
  • Tinker Bell's Fligth: Jiminy invites the audience to share in Walt's dreams coming true in history and honor his spirit. A comet is launched across the sky as Tinker Bell flies out over the Magic Kingdom while the guests hear Walt saying "I only we never lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a mouse." The "Once Upon a Time" theme plays.

Part Two: Beginnings: Mickey and Friends
Walt is heard saying, "Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood. Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter. By nature, I'm an experimenter, so I was determined to diversify."

Similar to Celebrate the Magic, the scene starts with the famous scene from "Steamboat Willie" being drawn onto the castle, in a similar vein to the Walt Disney Animation Studios' on-screen logo. Scenes from "The Skeleton Dance", "Three Little Pigs" and several other shorts with Mickey and the gang are shown, projected on the castle, all while fireworks go off appropriately.

Music
  • Steamboat Willie
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Minnie's Yoo-Hoo
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
  • William Tell Overture
  • Donald Duck Theme
  • The World Owes Me a Living

Part Three: First Features
Walt is heard saying, "I just felt I just had to diversify my business. Now if I could crack the feature field, I could do things."

A montage begins on the first animated features at the studio, in order: "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". Footage of all three films is projected on the walls while fireworks continue to fill the air. The "Snow White" segment is partially based on the segment from "Once Upon a Time" (in terms of projection screening at least), which could help lead into the "Pinocchio" scene. The "Pinocchio" segment in particular is lifted from "Magical", fireworks effects and all (listen from 3:47 to 4:56):

For "Fantasia", Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice is seen projected on the castle and directing the music and fireworks.

Music
  • Some Day My Prince Will Come
  • Heigh-Ho
  • The Silly Song
  • Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee
  • Give a Little Whistle
  • I've Got No Strings
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • The Nutcracker Suite: Russian Dance
  • The Pastoral Symphony
  • Dance of the Hours
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice (reprise)

Part Four: Film Montage/Medley
Walt is heard saying, "Now I wanted enough different types of things that I could do with my organization that I could say, pull out of my nose with one of these pictures. But I had another one right behind it that would hit."

Music and sounds from later Disney films from "Dumbo" to "Lady and the Tramp" are heard. This is the equivalent of Remember Dreams Come True's segment on Fantasyland, Critter Country and Mickey's Toontown all in one. Meanwhile, raucous projections are shown as this happens. The music for "Dumbo" and "Alice In Wonderland" are the same segments as for Celebrate the Magic (from 2:10 to 2:47):

Music
  • Casey Junior
  • Little April Shower
  • The Three Caballeros
  • Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • Fun and Fancy Free
  • Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
  • The Unbirthday Song
  • You Can Fly
  • Bella Notte

Part Five: Disneyland
Walt is heard giving his opening-day speech at Disneyland. It then goes into a medley of tunes from the park as the fireworks keep going. It is basically a condensed version of Remember Dreams Come True, but obviously from Walt's timeline (granted, not all the songs featured are from his lifetime, but they did have his seal of approval).

Music
  • Maple Leaf Rag
  • The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)
  • Oh Shenandoah
  • Grim Grinning Ghosts
  • It's a Small World After All

Part Six: Mary Poppins
Walt is then heard saying, "We decided to try something that would employ about every trick we had learned in the making of films. We would combine cartoon and live action in an enormous fantasy, 'Mary Poppins'. What a far cry that was from 'Snow White'!" This is the same segment as in the Magical fireworks show at Disneyland, but with Mary Poppins' dialog replaced by that of Walt's.

Music
  • Chim-Chim-Cheree
  • Jolly Holiday
  • Step In Time
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
  • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Part Seven: Walt's Legacy
Walt is heard saying, "Well, after forty some odd years in the business, my greatest reward, I think, is that I've been able to build this wonderful organization. Also, to have the public appreciate and accept what I've done all these years. That is a great reward." A dramatic rendition of "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is heard as the main idea of how far Walt's legacy had gone and what the future holds in store.

Music
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Part Eight: Conclusion
Jiminy Cricket returns to provide the conclusion. He tells the audience about how Walt Disney became one of the most famous people in the world. A mix of both "Once Upon a Time" and "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is heard as the juxtaposition between the past and the future. "Gold Chrysanthemum" fireworks and stimulating bulbs (fireworks that explode and show flashes of light on the ends of the trails) are heavily used in the finale. Tinker Bell comes back for a return flight. The show ends in a cavalcade of fireworks as Walt Disney is heard saying once again, "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a mouse." Mickey is projected on Cinderella Castle and giggles a bit as Jiminy concludes, "We hoped you enjoyed the show and never forget about the man and his legacy!"

For the exit music, "When You Wish Upon a Star" is reprised. And so ends WDW's Magic Kingdom's new fireworks show, Disney Legacy In the Sky.

Brilliant! I love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom