Imageworks open and lit up at night for Cheerleaders!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Last night, was some sort of cheerleader retreat at WDW. Epcot and MK were filled with little girls with funky hairdos and more. When visiting Epcot, I saw that both Wonders of Life and Journey into Imagination were lit up. The ironic part about it was, while both pavilions seemed to be open to these groups, Imagination's second floor (Imageworks) seemed to be in use. I regret to tell you that my digital camera's memory maxed out before I could take anyphotos, but did anyone else see this. It seemed so unfair that Disney let them go up there! :cry:

My daughter's best friend is down there for the weekend with the school's Varsity Cheerleaders. She's having a great time. If anyone gets any digital shots of the masses of cheerleaders, please post them.

The finals are supposed to be on ESPN tomorrow, but I can't find any details at to time and which channel.

Videoteck

jedimaster1227 said:
Last night, was some sort of cheerleader retreat at WDW. Epcot and MK were filled with little girls with funky hairdos and more. When visiting Epcot, I saw that both Wonders of Life and Journey into Imagination were lit up. The ironic part about it was, while both pavilions seemed to be open to these groups, Imagination's second floor (Imageworks) seemed to be in use. I regret to tell you that my digital camera's memory maxed out before I could take anyphotos, but did anyone else see this. It seemed so unfair that Disney let them go up there! :cry:

Crazy cheerleaders ruining all our fun lol. Those 15 and under cheerleaders really bother me lol, but I suppose if they were good cheerleaders and 16-25 i suppose its ok lol.:lol:

Epcot82Guy

Man. Can't imagine how hundreds of cheerleaders from around the country could be fun... :lookaroun

Back on topic (and an attempt at salvaging my moral character), that is great news if they are upstairs. I know some parts were taken out and modified for office/storage space, but any use is good use! Pics would be great!

Brian Noble

Here's my favorite one:

security broke up a cheering mob to find out that the mob was cheering for a couple engaging in non-Disneyesque activities.

Remember, Walt Disney World is a Family Resort, not a Resort for Making Families!

Jose Eber

^ that was funny!

Oh Imageworks -- how I miss you. I remember that neon tube you could walk through, then the orchestra -- sigh.

J.

RonAnnArbor

Um...don't get too upset too fast...just because an attraction is "lit up and open for the cheerleaders" doesn't mean much of anything in the long run. This is a big event for ESPN television - if they use an empty attraction to do video and photos for their tv show, that is not an indication of anything fishy going on. It's an unused attraction they can move their vans and trucks too to do video, that is all. How do you think they get all those awesome shots for shows like beauty pageants and sports events - someone has to photograph them, and they have to do it somewhere. WDW has the flexibility of plenty of cool-looking unused spaces to do that in. Would you rather they be posing and taking video photos in front of your favorite attraction at MK? Or shutting it down while they do so? Let them have their unused building, keep them out of the way, is what I say...

Brian Noble said:
Here's my favorite one:

Remember, Walt Disney World is a Family Resort, not a Resort for Making Families!

Oh contrair. Remember the commercial for WDW with the Mom and the little kid, where the Mom brings home a "little souvenir"? I am sure WDW is used as a Resort for Making Families, probably more than we care to know. :lookaroun But hopefully they are adult, self sufficient family's that understand that there is a time and place for everything.

Figment571

CommunicoreBabe said:
Oh contrair. Remember the commercial for WDW with the Mom and the little kid, where the Mom brings home a "little souvenir"? I am sure WDW is used as a Resort for Making Families, probably more than we care to know. :lookaroun But hopefully they are adult, self sufficient family's that understand that there is a time and place for everything.

In the words of Quagmire " Giggidty Giggidty Giggidty Alll Right!!!":lol:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
RonAnnArbor said:
Um...don't get too upset too fast...just because an attraction is "lit up and open for the cheerleaders" doesn't mean much of anything in the long run. This is a big event for ESPN television - if they use an empty attraction to do video and photos for their tv show, that is not an indication of anything fishy going on. It's an unused attraction they can move their vans and trucks too to do video, that is all. How do you think they get all those awesome shots for shows like beauty pageants and sports events - someone has to photograph them, and they have to do it somewhere. WDW has the flexibility of plenty of cool-looking unused spaces to do that in. Would you rather they be posing and taking video photos in front of your favorite attraction at MK? Or shutting it down while they do so? Let them have their unused building, keep them out of the way, is what I say...

Oh, I completely agree, but I do think it is unfair to all of us that 364 days out of the year, Imageworks and the rest of Imagination's second floor is closed off, and worst of all, the one day that it is open, it is only open to cheerleaders! :cry:

Epcot82Guy

I actually don't see it as a negative at all. If this was an open area reception-wise, that means the numbers of people that can legally be up there might be higher than we thought. REALLY reading into this, it is just a hope for future use of this really cool space.

Craig & Lisa

Had a bad time one year when the cheerleaders were there, My DW and I took some time from the sons to just recoup, so one morning, (this was April), we were going to breakfast, ( or trying ), and the bus to MK was being held up due to the fact that some of the girls were not being watched the way they should have been. They were up late and did not wake up and show up at the right time so the ladies in "Charge", ask the bus driver if he could wait, we still had time and no one else had a problem, but it got out of hand, so at a point when I could not take it anymore I asked the bus driver if we could leave so we could make our PS at CP, it would seem this did not sit well with some of the group who were still waiting for the others to show some responsability. My DW asked that I not say anything and I didn't, but they got us back with while we were going to the park, at least 18 different kinds of perfume, in the time it took to go from the AS resorts to MK I had a pounding headache, almost got sick even before I could eat. No matter what age WDW is eye candy and you have to keep a tether on them all.:dazzle:

elle72688

jedimaster1227 said:
The ironic part about it was, while both pavilions seemed to be open to these groups, Imagination's second floor (Imageworks) seemed to be in use.

They must have done some serious cleaning up there if it was in use! I went on the Undiscovered FW tour this past fall and it was a wreck up in the old Imageworks. We had to be mindful of the stuff on the floor over by the tunnel with the rainbow lights, the old conducting area, and the figment coloring page area. There was lots of old office furniture and other junk up there and the carpets were a mess as well. They still had those big huge nifty pin tables up there as well and they had a cute plywood figment cut-out as well.

Bytowner

jedimaster1227 said:

I remember one trip to Disney where buildings that are normally closed wre open (for the cheerleaders) and the Indy show normally open was closed (for the cheerleaders.) My understanding is that WOL is closed because the building is antiquated and a health hazard so I say FILL IT UP WITH CHEERLEADERS!!! Pack them in! Stuff them through the doors. Tell them it's a large boxy Volkswagon! And then when you can't squeeze another screaming teenager into it, call upon the Tiki Gods to wreak havoc!
Just a thought! :rolleyes:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I remember Mike Tuchman (Friends of Figment) told me that after he visited the sneak preview of the new version of Imagination and the return of Figment, that he, his wife and some imagineers held a party in the old Imageworks. He has been up there many times and he has told me several times that the old floor is used often for conventions and parties. I have even heard about several weddings taking place upstairs. Now, that is what you can call nostalgia! :)

There seems to two issues that contribute to this problem. First, mob mentality leads teens (and otherwise "normally behaving" people) to engage in unacceptable behavior and activities. Second, there seems to be a behavior of entitlement that is learned from their parents that leads them to be rude while interacting with guests and cms one on one. This would happen even if they weren't visiting with a cheerleading group, I'm afraid.

The people who behave poorly while in a group are likely to behave better while in small groups, say in twos or threes, and while with their families than whlie they are an anonymous piece of a rude mass. The ones who learn their rude behavior from their families are likely to be rude adults, and not even know they are!:mad:

Good luck guys! You have my sympathies!;)

Tink

thrupaytonseyes

I am sorry but I just have to say how unfairly you all are being by clumping ALL of these girls(and some guys) into the same bunch. I agree some of these teams behave really badly, annoying EVERYBODY but a lot of these teams are very well supervised by their coaches and behave very acceptably and responsibly. It is so true the saying that just one bad apple spoils the bunch. Some poorly acting cheerleaders have you all condemning every single one of these girls. And why be mad at them for the building being open why not be mad at Disney for opening it only to them?

And by the way no I am not a cheerleader but have been around when they are there.

For the person that is looking for the competition on ESPN it will be on in a few months after they do all of their editing to only show the top teams. It is not live.

And for the person afraid of after the under 15 set. These are high schoolers age 14-18! Still underage! Well most of them some are 18 for ya!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
thrupaytonseyes said:
I am sorry but I just have to say how unfairly you all are being by clumping ALL of these girls(and some guys) into the same bunch. I agree some of these teams behave really badly, annoying EVERYBODY but a lot of these teams are very well supervised by their coaches and behave very acceptably and responsibly. It is so true the saying that just one bad apple spoils the bunch. Some poorly acting cheerleaders have you all condemning every single one of these girls. And why be mad at them for the building being open why not be mad at Disney for opening it only to them?

And by the way no I am not a cheerleader but have been around when they are there.

For the person that is looking for the competition on ESPN it will be on in a few months after they do all of their editing to only show the top teams. It is not live.

And for the person afraid of after the under 15 set. These are high schoolers age 14-18! Still underage! Well most of them some are 18 for ya!

All cheerleaders are evil and hyper and for that I hate them with all my might. A backhand might set them straight, but their parents act like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom