Trip Report I'm Tagging Along ~ LIVE! *COMPLETED*

Almost everybody has one ~ a friend or relative who doesn't think twice about inviting his/her self along with whatever you have planned.

I never thought I'd be that person.

Fortunately, I have a very understanding family who is actually excited about my joining them at WDW. < Phew! >

It's been a year since my last live trip report, so I hope I can do @JenniferS and her fans proud!

The Who's ~
Me, @Tuvalu

image.jpeg

My parents
image.png

My youngest brother T and his wife E
image.png

And then something my trip reports have been missing....

Adorable children!

A is 5
image.jpeg

M is 4
image.jpeg

and L is almost 2
image.jpeg

Come along for tag-a-long fun!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I learned two things tonight.
1. It is impossible to live trip report during thunderstorms.
2. It is impossible to live trip report around little kids who love their Aunt Tuvalu. :inlove:

The original plan had been for me, mom and dad to go to Epcot....get some F&W Festival food, see Air Supply and hopefully cross paths with @Tony the Tigger.

The arrival of the monsoon at 6:15 p.m. changed all that. My mom contacted my brother and decided we should surprise the kids tonight rather than tomorrow night. We would meet them at their room in the Contemporary. Though my folks have their car, the three of us were soaked when we got to it ~ umbrellas don't block sideways rain!

The kids were so excited to see us!

A and his grandpa
image.jpeg

L and his Pooh
image.jpeg

M and her Kate
image.jpeg

M told me that "Kate got to swim with the duckies at Epcot and a man with a big pole had to get her out."
Seems M accidentally dropped Kate in the water near the Seas with Nemo and friends and a cast member had to fish the doll out. Kate is "fine now" in case you were worried. :p

My brother said they were able to watch the storm roll in from their balcony. This was the view when we were there:
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Everyone was hungry. My sister-in-law wanted to eat at Capt. Cooks. I am always up for a Poly visit so her choice was fine by me.

A led the way to the elevators.
image.jpeg

"I like to push buttons!"

Our monorail arrives.
image.jpeg

Yep, the ordering system here still needs work.
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The tiki gods smiled upon us as we didn't have to wait too long for a large table to open up.

image.jpeg

"It's fun to stick your cup to your nose!"
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mom and I shared the grilled chicken sandwich.
image.jpeg

And I had a cookie for dessert. (I ate half and saved the rest.)
image.jpeg

The kids were ready to crash when dinner was over. Mom and I wanted to make a stop first, so we said goodbye to TEAML (see what I did there?) and told my dad we'd meet up with him in the Contemporary lobby.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mom and I took the monorail to the GF. We were welcomed by the sounds from the Baby Grand.

image.jpeg

It was imperative we visit here.
image.jpeg

The momma of my granddaughter-to-be loves Basin Vanilla Grapefruit Body Butter. And she deserves to be pampered!
image.jpeg

Are these ridiculously cute?!
image.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

See, you all had a great time, anyway! Woo hoo, Tuvalu!

Btw, as I expected, this morning every person went through the metal detectors. I was glad they did.

Our bus to MK doesn't leave until 9:30am! But there is a bus to Epcot at 7:30, so we may hop on that to get to MK for rope drop. We shall see!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Purchase made, we jumped back on the monorail for the Contemporary. Dad was waiting for us. It was STILL raining when we trudged back to the car.

Upon our return to POP, we swung by the food court to pick up their DDP mugs. Mom gave one to me.

image.jpeg

Oh handle, dear handle, where art thou???

Okay, it is now past midnight and I have been up since 5 a.m. Time for bed! Goodnight, y'all.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Upon our return to POP, we swung by the food court to pick up their DDP mugs. Mom gave one to me.

image-jpeg.163676

Oh handle, dear handle, where art thou???

This would drive me nuts after a while. It's just one of those little things that I like--a handle on a cup. (I haven't a clue who makes the cups for WDW, but if it's Tervis, they sell "handles" that you can buy. I think Bed Bath and Beyond sells them.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu , why don't you just move into WDW, and stop spending all that money on airfare? You're there more than you're at home, so I think you need to take up "permanent" residence!! :joyfull:
You have a nice family by the way. I like the photos you shared. :cat:
Permanent residence? Then all my wishes would really come true!! ;)

This would drive me nuts after a while. It's just one of those little things that I like--a handle on a cup. (I haven't a clue who makes the cups for WDW, but if it's Tervis, they sell "handles" that you can buy. I think Bed Bath and Beyond sells them.)
Clocks, watches and handles on cups...I am so with you, @MinnieM123!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, September 20

I was awakened by my alarm this morning! :jawdrop: My "I'm at Disney too excited to sleep" hormone did not kick in. It may have been due to the fact that my noisy neighbors arrived back around 12:30 a.m. So much for the 70s being a quiet section, @Tony the Tigger!

Good morning, Goofy!
image.jpeg

(By the way to my real Goofy ~ I'm missing you :inlove:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom