I'm moving and so bummed

reptar77

We are relocating to London from Boca Raton Florida due to a work transfer. I'm freaked out for several reasons but the one that pertains to this board is I'm going from 2 hour drive to Disney World to an Ocean btw it aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. We actually did the math and found that we spend approx 60 days a year at WDW WOW!!!! I'm already starting the feel the withdraws. Has anyone tried to sell their DVC timeshare? What is the best option?

OneLuckyMom

Well, look on the bright side. Now you'll qualify for some of the UK deals! Your next visit will just have to be for 2 or 3 weeks like alot of the UKers. Plus, there's Disneyland Paris just a short hop away - maybe not exactly the same, but as least you'll be able to visit the mouse :animwink:

Upvote 0

tooltime

i am sorry to hear this, but your forthcoming move will surely be any kind of a great experience you want it to be.

and the previous post beat me to it... DL Park!! i was thinking today how i would love to take my kids to the UK. embrace it!

ron

Upvote 0

davidpw97

Wow, how sweet would it be to move to England. What a beautiful country. I don't think i'd be bummed about such an exciting move. A whole world showcase just a short train/plane ride away, with the "real" non-Disneyfied world waiting just outside your door. Plus, who doesn't love those accents? Sounds pretty awesome.

Upvote 0

scorp111

As the others have said, the UK is a great experience. I lived there for almost 2 years.

The good news is that WDW isn't going anywhere!

I am in the middle of moving from VA to Canada, but we still have 3 trips planned in the next 11 months. (Not saying I would be doing that from the UK)

Upvote 0

Fun2BFree

Good luck in the UK! Our weather pretty much stinks in over here, and it's bloomin' cold, but... but... oh. Can I arrange to take your place? :lol:

Upvote 0

I lived right below you in Pompano Beach and now I live over 3,000 miles away in Oregon so I can understand how you feel. If it makes you feel any better I can honestly say that now that I live so far away from the magic, it really has helped me to appreciate my time there when I go back. It's a much more special, magical place than it ever was when I could go up anytime I wanted to!

Upvote 0

cb3k

Leaving your home and disney, is a tough thing but moving to England is really exciting. Your next trips to the world will be that much more meaningful and exciting.

Upvote 0

abug'saunt

I'm kinda jealous of you, you're going to be closer to Disneyland Paris which is my dream vacation. I've been lucky that living in Idaho, we get to go every 2 - 3 years to WDW. (626 - Hi neighbor :wave: )

Upvote 0

Disney05

We are relocating to London from Boca Raton Florida due to a work transfer. I'm freaked out for several reasons but the one that pertains to this board is I'm going from 2 hour drive to Disney World to an Ocean btw it aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. We actually did the math and found that we spend approx 60 days a year at WDW WOW!!!! I'm already starting the feel the withdraws. Has anyone tried to sell their DVC timeshare? What is the best option?

Try www.dvcbyresale.com. Good luck with your move.

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

You'll be close to Disneyland Paris and how could anyone be unhappy with living in London?! :D

As long as the whackjobs don't blow you up as you're trying to get to work? No one, I'm sure. :shrug:

Not to rain on the OP's parade, as it seems the police did a great job dealing with this last attempt...but it would be on my mind if I were going there.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Yeah. I agree with all the positive posts as well. Look at your move as another adventure of sorts and seek out the oppotunities it presents. That's one of the things we've tried very hard to teach our boys. :animwink:

If it's possible to hang onto the DVC membership, don't sell. See about what you can use your points to do over there or bank for big trips back to WDW.

Good luck in your adventures! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom