I'm finally HOME :-)

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Well, I'm sitting here on the floor of the living room of my apartment. A-freaking-partment. At Vista Way. As a Walt Disney World Cast Member. My roommates (who are amazing) and I and a few extra girls are sitting around laughing and talking like we've known eachother for months, not hours. No, I don't have my Cast ID yet, and no, I haven't actually worked in the parks yet. But...do I sneakily know where I'm going to work a day early? Yes :D

When I was getting my health screening, I glanced at the list the CM was checking my name off of....and next to it? Custodial: Future World, Epcot. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah. I'm psyched. Check in went really smoothly. The only thing that didn't go exactly as planned was that they automatically assigned me to a three bedroom at Vista, without asking me which complex I wanted or which type. But we all got stuck in Vista. So whatever. And I love my girls, so I'm glad.

Anyways, tomorrow is the second part of the check-in process, and I believe the day that I "officially" learn my role. And then Wednesday....Traditions. And Thursday will be the first day I wear my name tag. In a park. As a real CM. I am so excited.

Anyways, if theres anyone at Vista who wants to meet up sometime, that could be fun. I've met several of the CPs, and they're all awesome.

Wheeeeeeeeee, I love my life!

DisneySaint

Awesome!!!

Glad to hear you're there safe and that your morale is high. And freaking Future World at Epcot?! Can you say AWESOME? My dream location!

Have a blast and keep us posted!!!

DDuckFan130

Awesome attitude! I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. My sister wants to do that after she graduates...only she wants to do entertainment :lol:

Enjoy your time on the CP! :sohappy:

zeroFantasy

Taryn, come and say Hi if you can at Future World East!! Mission Space! :) I'm in Attractions and I'd love to meet as many CPs as possible!!! :) I'm at Chatham though but it doesn't mean we can't meet up!! :D

AliciaLuvzDizne

Well, I'm sitting here on the floor of the living room of my apartment. A-freaking-partment. At Vista Way. As a Walt Disney World Cast Member. My roommates (who are amazing) and I and a few extra girls are sitting around laughing and talking like we've known eachother for months, not hours. No, I don't have my Cast ID yet, and no, I haven't actually worked in the parks yet. But...do I sneakily know where I'm going to work a day early? Yes :D

When I was getting my health screening, I glanced at the list the CM was checking my name off of....and next to it? Custodial: Future World, Epcot. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah. I'm psyched. Check in went really smoothly. The only thing that didn't go exactly as planned was that they automatically assigned me to a three bedroom at Vista, without asking me which complex I wanted or which type. But we all got stuck in Vista. So whatever. And I love my girls, so I'm glad.

Anyways, tomorrow is the second part of the check-in process, and I believe the day that I "officially" learn my role. And then Wednesday....Traditions. And Thursday will be the first day I wear my name tag. In a park. As a real CM. I am so excited.

Anyways, if theres anyone at Vista who wants to meet up sometime, that could be fun. I've met several of the CPs, and they're all awesome.

Wheeeeeeeeee, I love my life!
ha
i snuck a peak on my first day of check in too

:lol:

joanna71985

Ha. Too bad I couldn't sneak a peak on my check-in day (cause I already knew where I was working- all 4 parks). That's great though. Glad to hear you made it down safely.

maelstrom

Glad to hear you are having a good time, Taryn. Future World sounds great.

Alicia, where did you end up being assigned to?

Nemo14

Glad to hear you're all settled in Taryn. Future World - how cool! I'll be looking for you when we're there September 30th! :)

i<3disney

congrats on getting future world Taryn!!..how was the checking in process? im so excited i have a few more weeks before i get down there...maybe i'll see you there

WDWlife

Conrgatulations! I hoped you'd like it. Keep us posted on how you get settled and what the new job is like. We roll out of New York on Sept. 8th for an all night drive and a new chapter in WDW. Come by AK and say hello :wave: after "Nemo" opens in November!

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Well, today was an...interesting day. I had to go and fill out my my I-9 authorization thing, which was boring. Then I "officially" learned that I am indeed at Future World at Epcot! That is going to be such a fun role. Of course, my mood was dampened a bit when the girl a few places ahead of me got PotC/HM/JC. I didn't think CareerStarters were even offered Jungle Cruise positions. So that depressed me a little, but whatever, I have a few years still to get my chance at being Skipper!

After that, I signed up for my Class. There was a free one offered to the CareerStarters, but I didn't realize it was free, so I signed up for a different class...but that's ok, because it sounded boring anyways. I ended up signing up for the Disney Organizational Leadership Course. The teacher...well, he kind of tried to talk me out of taking it, which was weird. He said it was one of the harder classes. But I don't care, it looked the most interesting, and I think it pertains to me, so whatever. I can always drop it if I have to, but that will only be under dire circumstances, because I want my Disney Diploma!!

Afterwards, I walked over to my new friend's apartment where we hung out for about an hour. That's when the day pretty much went down hill. I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse, which freaked me out, because it contained: My Photo ID, my Housing ID, my birth certificate (I had it for the I-9 form), my house key, a $50 Target gift card, my Debit Card, and $60 cash. So I was freaking out and totally backtracked and FINALLY found it. However, all of the compartments were unzipped, and I was missing the $60, which was supposed to be my grocery money. Luckily, everything else was there, most importantly my birth certificate, my debit card and my key. I'm pretty mad, but mostly at myself. I can't blame a broke college kid for taking money that someone was stupid enough to drop. I mean, it was WRONG, but it's pretty much my own fault for dropping it in the first place. So yeah. That was crappy.

On a lighter note, one of my days off is Sunday, which is one of the two days you can volunteer at Give Kids the World, so I'm working over there from 5-9. Give Kids the World, if you haven't heard of it, is a non-profit resort where kids with terminal illnesses and their families can stay at while on their vacation. I'm pretty sure it works with Make a Wish Foundation. At first I wasn't going to because it would cut into my park time, but it kind of puts it in perspective when you think about the fact that some of these kids are going to die within a month. So I'm going to try to volunteer at least a few times a month. So that's pretty much how my day has gone.

I'm training in Future World these dates: Saturday from 6 AM-2:30 PM, Tuesday 2:30 PM-11 PM, Wednesday 2 PM- 1 AM and Thursday from 11 AM-7:30 PM, so if you're in the Park, look for me and say hi! I'll be wearing my lovely white Custodial Costume, a red ribbon saying "Earning my Ears", and of course my name tag! I'm excited, I get it at Traditions tomorrow morning...unfortunately it starts at 7 AM, so that means get on the bus by 6...but whatever, that's only 3 AM Seattle time...:lookaroun

Taryn, come and say Hi if you can at Future World East!! Mission Space! I'm in Attractions and I'd love to meet as many CPs as possible!!! I'm at Chatham though but it doesn't mean we can't meet up!!

I'll definately look for you! I was just on Mission: Space the other day...me and my mom went on Orange first, the Green (just to see what it was like) so maybe....we've met, lol!

Thanks everybody for the kind words :D If you work here at the World, well, maybe we'll be seeing eachother, and if you're visiting, drop me a PM saying which day you're at Epcot, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you :D

And yeah, this thread might turn into a bit of a blog, because myspace kind of bugs me, haha. So look for more rambles coming soon!

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
How has the time difference been on you? Like is it a drastic change? :O

It's not so bad anymore, it just makes it really hard to wake up, and I get drowsy occasionally. Like right now. Walt Disney World is in my backyard (well, the resorts and Down Town Disney, since I don't have my cast ID yet) but I really just want to take a nap. But I can't, because then I won't go to sleep on time tonight and then I'll sleep in tomorrow and miss Traditions and get fired, lol.

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
Do you wake up earlier or later here on the east coast? heh sorry just curious :p

I wake up earlier, or else I've missed half the day! It's awful, I'm setting my alarm for like 8 or 9 every morning, which is like 5 or 6...bleh. I'll get used to it soon, lol

Captain Hank

Welcome to the Epcot family, and have fun at Traditions and Discovery Day! (Discovery day is the orientation for all new Epcot CM's)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom