Trip Report "I'm COLD!" : Our chilly (to me!!) & then hot April TR!

It’s so hard to believe we’re back already! All the planning and waiting and thinking about your trip and then the trip comes and goes so fast it’s like you blinked and it’s over. Just like that you are waiting for your next trip again! It’s fun to re – live however, so here is my trip report for our trip from 4/8-4/16 at Caribbean Beach Resort!

You can read my PRE TRIP Report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-have-to-go-back-april-2016.906141/

CAST:
Me- Brittany aka Mom!
AJ- My Husband
Harper- Our princess 21 months.
Gigi- My mom
Pappy - My step dad

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort

When: April 9th - April 16th

Thursday 4/7

After I left work on Thursday night, I decided that I’d get my “Disney nails” done tonight rather than going in the morning since I’d agreed to take my mom’s dog to the vet to be boarded because they worked until lunch time on Friday. So I zipped out to the mall and got my nails done in what seemed to be record time, and got back home while Harper was still awake. I remember she was up late this night and sat with us watching cartoons. We didn’t care since we didn’t have to get up early in the morning.

Friday 4/8
I think we woke up around 6:45am on Friday. Harper woke up really early and I remember being bummed because I didn’t want her nap time to be before we left and have to wake her up to leave (luckily, this wasn’t an issue). Most of my stuff was packed up so I left around 8:15am to go over and take my mom’s dog to the vet. Mom was still there so we chatted a bit before we went off our different ways. Since I was taking her car, I went straight home after dropping him off.

This part is all kind of a blur, but we packed the car, moved the car seat, and attached her DVD player. We also finished cleaning up around the apartment and made sure nothing was on, and made sure we turned the air off before we left. Before we knew it, we were headed over my mom’s house to meet my parents there to leave together! (something we decided to do fairly last minute)
IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

First thing we did before leaving town was getting some coffee’s from Dunkin! It’s not a road trip without drinking coffee on the way out of town! We ended up getting on the road RIGHT around 1:30pm which is exactly what we planned on! We were taking a new route this year! We took I-81S to 77 (and eventually I-26) which was a BEAUTIFUL ride. I could not stop taking pictures over the mountains.
IMG_3060.JPG

Good thing I wasn’t driving! J One big difference this year on the trip? IT WAS COLD! Every time we stopped, I was freezing. I am NOT used to this!

Most of the drive was uneventful and easy. When Harper took her nap eventually, I read some of my book and stared out the window! We stopped somewhere in NC for dinner at K&W Cafeteria. These places are pretty cool and made for a pretty quick stop. Harper wasn’t real interested in eating, but she was happy running around a little bit. I think it was about 8pm when we were done dinner and we tried to decide how much further we thought we could go. After last year when we WAY overdid it, we decided that we’d only drive until 11pm and then stop for the night. My mom made reservations at the Hampton in Orangeburg, SC. When we got there the place was BOOKED and the parking lot was full. They said it was because of the Master’s. The room was gorgeous, and modern. The bathroom was bigger than ours at home, and had a nice spacious tub.
IMG_3071.JPG

We went right to bed though, and woke up early the next morning.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Guys,
I'm horrible at coming back to put our Memory Maker pics in. I PROMISE I'm going to, but I had something to tell you!

WE'RE GOING BACK NEXT YEAR!
It's not going to be March, or May, but September! That gives us 18 months and it's totally doable! We are so excited. AHHHH!!! So happy!!

I'm going to start a PTR for this trip to document everything, so stay tuned for the link!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Okay! I'm finally going to post some of my more favorite pics from Memory Maker! This officially marks the end of this trip report! :happy:

First Day! We got to see MSEP and were lucky enough to get a picture!
IMG_4055.JPG

Ohana on Tuesday! Harper was DONE, but I was so excited to meet Stitch!
IMG_4057.JPG

My new avatar! Snapped this pic while @DarthDaddy was getting us coffee in Starbucks!
IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

The CM told us to look scared!! This is the best we had! :eek:
IMG_4056.JPG

EPCOT! One of my favorite days on the trip! (Harper was sleeping)
IMG_4068.JPG

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
More Adult day! Here we are on Splash! SO fun. It's been over 10 years since we've rode!
IMG_4071 (2).JPG

Surely right before coffee! The Photo pass guy was also giving me a hard time about being a Pens fan. Had to bash on ol' Sidney Crosby. o_O
IMG_4069.JPG

Merida! She loved meeting some fellow red heads!
IMG_4070.JPG

One of my favorite pics from the whole trip! This is what Disney is to me! It's so magical meeting talking Mickey! I instantly feel transformed into a small child again! I could hardly contain it in this picture! :inlove:
IMG_4072 (2).JPG

He talked our ears off!
IMG_4073 (2).JPG

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
The absolute best though was Chip & Dale! We just happened to be walking by and jumped in line! We had no expectations for this, and it was the best interaction of the week! She just LOVED them!!!
IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4078 (2).JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

Up Next was Talking Mickey!! She still didn't have a huge reaction to him, but it was adorable nonetheless!
IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom