Trip Report "I'm COLD!" : Our chilly (to me!!) & then hot April TR!

It’s so hard to believe we’re back already! All the planning and waiting and thinking about your trip and then the trip comes and goes so fast it’s like you blinked and it’s over. Just like that you are waiting for your next trip again! It’s fun to re – live however, so here is my trip report for our trip from 4/8-4/16 at Caribbean Beach Resort!

You can read my PRE TRIP Report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-have-to-go-back-april-2016.906141/

CAST:
Me- Brittany aka Mom!
AJ- My Husband
Harper- Our princess 21 months.
Gigi- My mom
Pappy - My step dad

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort

When: April 9th - April 16th

Thursday 4/7

After I left work on Thursday night, I decided that I’d get my “Disney nails” done tonight rather than going in the morning since I’d agreed to take my mom’s dog to the vet to be boarded because they worked until lunch time on Friday. So I zipped out to the mall and got my nails done in what seemed to be record time, and got back home while Harper was still awake. I remember she was up late this night and sat with us watching cartoons. We didn’t care since we didn’t have to get up early in the morning.

Friday 4/8
I think we woke up around 6:45am on Friday. Harper woke up really early and I remember being bummed because I didn’t want her nap time to be before we left and have to wake her up to leave (luckily, this wasn’t an issue). Most of my stuff was packed up so I left around 8:15am to go over and take my mom’s dog to the vet. Mom was still there so we chatted a bit before we went off our different ways. Since I was taking her car, I went straight home after dropping him off.

This part is all kind of a blur, but we packed the car, moved the car seat, and attached her DVD player. We also finished cleaning up around the apartment and made sure nothing was on, and made sure we turned the air off before we left. Before we knew it, we were headed over my mom’s house to meet my parents there to leave together! (something we decided to do fairly last minute)
IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

First thing we did before leaving town was getting some coffee’s from Dunkin! It’s not a road trip without drinking coffee on the way out of town! We ended up getting on the road RIGHT around 1:30pm which is exactly what we planned on! We were taking a new route this year! We took I-81S to 77 (and eventually I-26) which was a BEAUTIFUL ride. I could not stop taking pictures over the mountains.
IMG_3060.JPG

Good thing I wasn’t driving! J One big difference this year on the trip? IT WAS COLD! Every time we stopped, I was freezing. I am NOT used to this!

Most of the drive was uneventful and easy. When Harper took her nap eventually, I read some of my book and stared out the window! We stopped somewhere in NC for dinner at K&W Cafeteria. These places are pretty cool and made for a pretty quick stop. Harper wasn’t real interested in eating, but she was happy running around a little bit. I think it was about 8pm when we were done dinner and we tried to decide how much further we thought we could go. After last year when we WAY overdid it, we decided that we’d only drive until 11pm and then stop for the night. My mom made reservations at the Hampton in Orangeburg, SC. When we got there the place was BOOKED and the parking lot was full. They said it was because of the Master’s. The room was gorgeous, and modern. The bathroom was bigger than ours at home, and had a nice spacious tub.
IMG_3071.JPG

We went right to bed though, and woke up early the next morning.

Last edited:

Lyear

Great trip report. Really enjoyed reading along. I loved the photo of Harper jumping on the bed towards the beginning. You could tell she was excited.

We also ended up in the urgent care on our trip in November. It may have been the same one. I'm pretty sure the one we went to was called Centra Care. We drove there because we didn't know about a Disney shuttle. It was a long wait for us too. Unfortunately, our daughter had an ear infection.

It seems like you guys did a great job of relaxing and not feeling like you had to do everything. I wish I could learn to do that.

Have fun planning your next trip.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Great trip report. Really enjoyed reading along. I loved the photo of Harper jumping on the bed towards the beginning. You could tell she was excited.

We also ended up in the urgent care on our trip in November. It may have been the same one. I'm pretty sure the one we went to was called Centra Care. We drove there because we didn't know about a Disney shuttle. It was a long wait for us too. Unfortunately, our daughter had an ear infection.

It seems like you guys did a great job of relaxing and not feeling like you had to do everything. I wish I could learn to do that.

Have fun planning your next trip.

I do not remember for the life of me what the urgent care place was called, but it took SOOOO LONG. I hope we never ever have to do it again! But ear infections are awful, so luckily you got your child on the mend while you were there! We were there for no reason *headdesk*

yeah, I'm glad we don't rush around like crazy people. We spend a lot of time sitting and people watching. A perk I guess of having a child small enough to still need naps in the day. Instead of pushing ourselves, we use that time to slow down and enjoy the moment!

LisaBelle

I just read your TR in one sitting! Harper is adorable! Her response to the characters was priceless. It was nice that you and your husband were able to have an adult day in the parks. You accomplished so much! How fun to be heading back so soon. Enjoy the planning and anticipation. I will definitely be on board for your next TR.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I just read your TR in one sitting! Harper is adorable! Her response to the characters was priceless. It was nice that you and your husband were able to have an adult day in the parks. You accomplished so much! How fun to be heading back so soon. Enjoy the planning and anticipation. I will definitely be on board for your next TR.

Thanks so much for reading!!! Glad you enjoyed! however, the trip next year is not happening now! It'll be a long time before I'm posting another.. sadly! :(

LisaBelle

Thanks so much for reading!!! Glad you enjoyed! however, the trip next year is not happening now! It'll be a long time before I'm posting another.. sadly! :(
Sorry you won't be going as soon as you thought! That's a bummer :(. I am in the same boat. No idea when I will be able to return. I guess we'll just have to keep reading TRs and adding to our lists of must see and do and eat for our next trip.

Beckett

Lovely trip report, your daughter is adorable! I laughed at being "randomly selected" at the entrance of the parks (happened to me twice on my last visit and I kept wondering why me?!") I have taken my daughter to WDW since she was 4 and believe me ,as they get older, even if the visit is only months apart, the experience is always different and, in my case, better each time! Some people tried telling me that my girl would get fed up, but it actually turned her into another Disney World fan, which was my plan all along :angelic: Hope you keep making lovely memories with your family :) oh and soon she will be big enough for you to surprise her with Disney trips! It is too fun ;)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Guys,
I'm horrible at coming back to put our Memory Maker pics in. I PROMISE I'm going to, but I had something to tell you!

WE'RE GOING BACK NEXT YEAR!
It's not going to be March, or May, but September! That gives us 18 months and it's totally doable! We are so excited. AHHHH!!! So happy!!

I'm going to start a PTR for this trip to document everything, so stay tuned for the link!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom