Iger announces plans for Zootopia 2, Frozen 3, and Toy Story 5

DCBaker

Premium Member
TheWrap is reporting Jennifer Lee will not return to direct Frozen 3.

"Audiences still have awhile to wait to go back into the unknown with Anna, Elsa and the rest of the Arendelle crew. But they’ll have to do so without “Frozen” director Jennifer Lee.

Lee revealed she will not be helming the third installment of the popular Disney franchise during a conversation with TheWrap at this year’s Annecy Animation Festival. “I can’t say where we are [with “Frozen 3.” All our stories are driven by the artists in the studio. Where we’re going with ‘Frozen’ did not come from me. It came from an incredible person. That’s a new piece, I’ve told no one. And I’ve been blown away by it and I’m just having a blast with that team,” she said.

Plans for a third “Frozen” were announced in February of this year, alongside sequels to “Toy Story” and “Zootopia.” Lee wouldn’t divulge any additional information on what the plot of this new “Frozen” is, though she will be working in some type of advisory or mentor capacity with the filmmakers of this next edition.

“I’m doing what I do with all the other projects,” Lee said. “It’s really fun on ‘Frozen,’…cause we’ve lived the world for awhile together and a lot of the artists in the studio grew up with that film too, both of them, and have been there the whole way…They kinda own them as much as anyone else.”"

Full article below.

EPCOT-O.G.

Bob Iger just announced Frozen 4 may already be in the works.

1700142589478.jpeg

Ghost93

TheWrap is reporting Jennifer Lee will not return to direct Frozen 3.

"Audiences still have awhile to wait to go back into the unknown with Anna, Elsa and the rest of the Arendelle crew. But they’ll have to do so without “Frozen” director Jennifer Lee.

Lee revealed she will not be helming the third installment of the popular Disney franchise during a conversation with TheWrap at this year’s Annecy Animation Festival. “I can’t say where we are [with “Frozen 3.” All our stories are driven by the artists in the studio. Where we’re going with ‘Frozen’ did not come from me. It came from an incredible person. That’s a new piece, I’ve told no one. And I’ve been blown away by it and I’m just having a blast with that team,” she said.

Plans for a third “Frozen” were announced in February of this year, alongside sequels to “Toy Story” and “Zootopia.” Lee wouldn’t divulge any additional information on what the plot of this new “Frozen” is, though she will be working in some type of advisory or mentor capacity with the filmmakers of this next edition.

“I’m doing what I do with all the other projects,” Lee said. “It’s really fun on ‘Frozen,’…cause we’ve lived the world for awhile together and a lot of the artists in the studio grew up with that film too, both of them, and have been there the whole way…They kinda own them as much as anyone else.”"

Full article below.

The behind-the-scenes situations for both Frozen and Frozen II showed how much of a mess the storytelling process was for Lee. Everything miraculously came together at the last second for the first Frozen film, but I think most people could tell that Frozen II wasn't very well planned. While I respect all Lee has accomplished, maybe it's not a bad thing that the third film will have a new director.

Casper Gutman

The behind-the-scenes situations for both Frozen and Frozen II showed how much of a mess the storytelling process was for Lee. Everything miraculously came together at the last second for the first Frozen film, but I think most people could tell that Frozen II wasn't very well planned. While I respect all Lee has accomplished, maybe it's not a bad thing that the third film will have a new director.
Frozen II was shockingly bad.

As for Frozen 4, it’s inevitable. All the voices clamoring for the collapse of the current era of superhero cinema who believe it will usher in an era of original, auteurist cinema are utterly deluding themselves. This is especially true of major critics and folks like Scorsese who should absolutely know better. All that will happen is the studios will become even LESS adventurous, clinging even more desperately to formulas that worked once.

Robbiem

Its like a big budget return to direct to video sequels

So much for putting the creatives back in charge

All a bit sad and pathetic really

rreading

Seems really tricky to create two more Elsa movies while dodging her sexual preference. Perhaps I’m wrong, but seems likely they’re going to offend someone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom