if you only went to one $$$ restaurant in WDW what would it be?

hrmom26

Original Poster
my budget is always tight when i go to the world lol so i end up going to just one sit down really nice restaurant a visit. the rest i do counter service. so i'm wondering if you could only go to one what would be your must go to, place to eat?

JIMINYCR

Over the years we have eaten at almost all of the Dis restaurants. Some have become favorites that we are sure to return to... others we might give a 2nd try and then decide never again. The deciding factors to return have been based on the quality of food, the atmosphere, and the attention and service we received from the servers.
It is difficult to choose ONLY ONE :confused:... but on our last trip both DW and I were wowed by BOG. I know there have been many other guest reviews both good and bad but in our case, this past meal was exceptional. We had great attention from our server throughout the time we sat down to the end, the food from appetizer, entree, to dessert was exquisite. We sat in the West wing and loved the dark venue with the ominous surroundings. Then after our meal we got to have pics taken with the Beast and wander throughout the other rooms. The Imagineering touches were all around with lots of pics taken. All in all it was a wonderful dining experience well worth the money, and we are looking forward to making it a "must dine" place in our future trips.

hrmom26

Original Poster
If money is no object - Victoria & Alberts. If not then the question is on park or off? If on, Brown Derby. If off - Yachtsman Steakhouse
in park or DTD for sure. I'm looking at menus of all the suggestions i love the idea of BOG but i'm wondering would it be to "girly" as my son would say since its focus is a princess? my son is not to young so he can survive though lol he's 16 . i like the menu of house of blues also, going to check out brown derby and Victoria's now :)

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Of the ones we've eaten at (Maya Grill, Olivia's, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Tony's Town Square, Liberty Tree Tavern, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse(long gone), The Wave, Tusker House, Rose & Crown, 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi Dine-in, Boatwrights, Kona Cafe, Trail's End, Whispering Canyon, Teppanyaki (now Teppan Edo), Chefs de France, Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, Bongos, Wolfgang Puck) our "the sky's the limit" favorite would be Le Cellier. If I'm paying out of pocket then I'd probably pick Kona Cafe or Coral Reef or Boatwrights. Those 3 all have menu items that draw me back.
Of the restaurants I haven't visited yet, I'd love to try BOG for dinner or Hollywood Brown Derby.

psukardi

in park or DTD for sure. I'm looking at menus of all the suggestions i love the idea of BOG but i'm wondering would it be to "girly" as my son would say since its focus is a princess? my son is not to young so he can survive though lol he's 16 . i like the menu of house of blues also, going to check out brown derby and Victoria's now :)

The age of the party & their food tastes might dictate the place you go to as well. If someone is more of a foodie you might lean in one direction or another. Whatever the choice, you'll probably be fine

hrmom26

Original Poster
The age of the party & their food tastes might dictate the place you go to as well. If someone is more of a foodie you might lean in one direction or another. Whatever the choice, you'll probably be fine

that's exactly right honestly , I've been looking at menus all morning going, ok my daughter would love this but my son would like nothing on the menu and vis versa lol so far the menu at the house of blues is looking good my son loves steak and my daughter ribs lol i am good anywhere. we all love seafood and Italian also thou so i am still looking thanks for all the help everyone. i love i can look at the menu's btw. i can not tell you how many times i have gone out with my kids over the years and we are all hungry and tired and no one can agree on a place to eat lol at least this way i have a nice list ahead of time of places i know work for all. it's one of the many reasons i love disney :)

GrammieBee

Over the years we have made it a point to try every restaurant in WDW. We finished our "bucket list" , with the exception of Victoria and Albert's, on our last trip. Any one of them could be better or worse since our last visit. Here is our list:

On property, not in parks: Tie: Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge and Citricos in The Grand Floridian.
Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern.
EPCOT: Monsieur Paul Upstairs over Le Chefs' du France. Le Cellier in Canada a close second.
Studios: The Brown Derby.
Animal Kingdom: None.

Last edited:

HatboxGhost

Sci Fi Dine in or 50's Prime TIme. My wife and I always have a wonderful time at both. I grew up going to drive in theaters ever since I could remember so Sci Fi feels like home. Also since I love classic tv, 50's Prime Time is great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom