If you could replace a WDW ride/show with it's DL version, which one would it be?

If you could replace two WDW rides/shows with their DL version, which two would you replace?

• Total voters

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
After our recent trip to Disneyland, my wife and I were talking about the vast difference between some of the DL versions of rides & shows that also exist at WDW. Now I'm curious... if you could replace the WDW version of a ride with it's Disneyland counterpart, what would be your top two picks?

Disney Analyst

I put Indy and Fantasmic, but I would also put Pirates.. POTC at Magic Kingdom is a joke compared to Disneyland's.... It's like the highlights reel from a movie.

The Empress Lilly

None, except maybe Indy for Dinosaur, and Buzz - but I don't care for that one.

I actually prefer DL's ToT, the 5th dimension scene distracts more than adds for my liking. But WDW's is so much prettier!
DL's Fantasmic is obviously superior too, but their RoA setting is an indispensible part of it, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice WDW's river area the way DL did.

Tom

Beta Return
I voted for POTC, to keep it a fair 1:1 trade (i.e. Pirates for Pirates).

Indy is definitely vastly superior than Dinosaur, but if we're trading 1 for 1, Indy shouldn't go in DAK, and it wouldn't be replacing a lame version of the same ride, so I couldn't vote for that one.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think anybody would want DCA's ToT at DHS. The tower in Orlando is significantly better.

The obvious answer is Space Mountain, but I think it's fine because it's different.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I don't think anybody would want DCA's ToT at DHS. The tower in Orlando is significantly better.

The obvious answer is Space Mountain, but I think it's fine because it's different.
The ride itself is a bit different, though; some people like the way it begins faster than WDW's version. Personally, I agree that WDW's is superior.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

My favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion and I know at DL they apparently transform it in to a Nightmare Before Christmas theme for Halloween and I would love for them to do that here because I've never got to ride it like that. We could go out there with our DVC membership but I just don't know if Disneyland would be worth a whole week's vacation. I suppose that's a question for another thread though. LOL!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I voted for Haunted Mansion, because I adore Haunted Mansion Holiday. I personally don't believe any of the other attractions were superior at DLR as opposed to WDW (especially not Fantasmic). It wasn't listed, but I really enjoyed DLR's Innoventions pavilion compared to ours, especially with all the Marvel stuff. :)

Edward M

Indy is one of my favorite rides, but I'm not sure how it would fit with Animal Kingdom. I would prefer it the most in WDW, but I think Dinosaur fits AK much better. However, to be able to ride Indy in Florida, I have to vote for it. My other vote is for Pirates since it is just so much better.

Fox&Hound

Great question! I voted for Pirates. It's my favorite ride but after riding it in DL, I realized how much WDW got the shaft. The bayou scene, restaurant, and two drops. Man, what a difference! If I had second vote, I would choose Small World- love the outdoor segment and the topiaries....

George Lucas on a Bench

None of these are really ideal. You'd want to retain each version for their differences and in some cases where you might think you'd be improving matters, it just wouldn't be right. For instance, if you put the DL POTC ride in Florida, why would you have the Blue Bayou lagoon, and would you retain the time/distance travel in the ride and eliminate the elaborate queue line, which is a part of the WDW version experience?

Kate F

I voted for Pirates for obvious reasons, although I much prefer the WDW queue. I also voted for Fantasmic because even though I haven't seen the show at DL, the WDW version is the weakest night show on property in my opinion, and I have heard many good things about the DL version.

I understand why some people don't like the WDW Space Mountain, and it is a bit too rough at times, but I still really enjoy it and appreciate that it is different from the DL version. I also think Indy is a tad overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride, but I honestly enjoy Dinosaur just as much, even though most people think it is SO much better. Maybe I need to ride it again...

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
I voted for Haunted Mansion, because I adore Haunted Mansion Holiday. I personally don't believe any of the other attractions were superior at DLR as opposed to WDW (especially not Fantasmic). It wasn't listed, but I really enjoyed DLR's Innoventions pavilion compared to ours, especially with all the Marvel stuff. :)
Oh man, I personally did not like the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at all. But to each his/her own :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom