If you could ask Eisner 1 question, what would it be?

KevinPage

Original Poster
I'm sure there are many of you that (like me) that was thinking "If I was there I have a great question to ask", except we get to hear Evelyn and others drone on about trivial nonsense, cutting out any legitmate questions.

So if you were able to be in Philly yesterday, what would you have asked?

My question (among many would be)

"Michael, you claim to love this company and that creativity is its core. Then how can you explain the lack of maintenance in the parks, cutting of the custodial staff, animators and Imagineers? How is producing cheap sequels to Cinderalla, Jungle Book, and using others creations (Toy Story, Monsters Inc.) CREATING? If you love this company at what it stands for in the annuls of American History, you would do the right thing and put some of your exhorbenent compensations over the years into fixing these problems.

All we have heard today is the term BRAND, over and over and over. Isn't BRANDING the complete opposite of CREATING? When you create something, it is unique and different from the rest. Branding implies convincing people your stuff is better even though it really is the same thing. Is this the depths to what the Disney Company has sunken to?"

monorail256

I actually was in Philly yesterday, and would have asked my question, that is... if it were not against the rules to ask (my question is related to employment with The Walt Disney Co.).

My Question: --

Hello, Mr. Eisner and board. My name is Ryan Thomas, and I am a shareholder from Greensburg, Pa. Recently over the holiday season, I worked at The Disney Store as a 'seasonal' castmember. During the hiring process, I was told that I would have an equal chance, along with the rest of the seasonal cast members to stay afterwards and become part time at the store. I was actually informed by all 4 of the managers at the store that they WOULD keep me (they all very much liked me and appreciated my hard work).

Unfortunately, the week after Christmas, I was hit with the fact that I was not able to remain a castmember due to my age. I am 16 years old. Why is it that you can hire me, along with many other teenagers, who are legally allowed to work, for seasonal work at The Disney Store, yet not let me to continue working as part-time? I feel as if this is age discrimination, along with family, friends, and the rest of the cast at my local store, including the four managers.

bsandersjr

I don't really have a question that is suitable for this board, but I would make a statement to him :

"Mr. Eisner, your proctologist called. He seems to have found your head. Oh, and that gerbil you lost."

:lol: :fork: :lol:

Disneyland1970

Originally posted by KevinPage
I'm sure there are many of you that (like me) that was thinking "If I was there I have a great question to ask", except we get to hear Evelyn and others drone on about trivial nonsense, cutting out any legitmate questions.

So if you were able to be in Philly yesterday, what would you have asked?

My question (among many would be)

"Michael, you claim to love this company and that creativity is its core. Then how can you explain the lack of maintenance in the parks, cutting of the custodial staff, animators and Imagineers? How is producing cheap sequels to Cinderalla, Jungle Book, and using others creations (Toy Story, Monsters Inc.) CREATING? If you love this company at what it stands for in the annuls of American History, you would do the right thing and put some of your exhorbenent compensations over the years into fixing these problems.

All we have heard today is the term BRAND, over and over and over. Isn't BRANDING the complete opposite of CREATING? When you create something, it is unique and different from the rest. Branding implies convincing people your stuff is better even though it really is the same thing. Is this the depths to what the Disney Company has sunken to?"

I wish I could hear his answer to your question!

Then again maybe I don't:lookaroun

He would blame everyone else! Mike only knows how to say,"I" when spelling his name on his pay check.

Stitch79

My question would be "Why do you stay when the majority of the people you are selling to can not stand you?" Give it up!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
(Pick one of the following)

How can you proclaim creativity and imagination in your products when regurgitation and cloning are all that happens?

Why do you feel that cheaply produced sequels are the way to keep bringing in revenue?

When you look in the mirror, do you honestly believe you have deserved the hundreds of millions of dollars you've given yourself over the past 8 years?

Would you mind if I slapped you around like a ragdoll?

(Ok, the last one's a bit out of line, but I'm very frustrated over the utter lack of a clue this man and his board of directors has shown)

JBSLJames

"Mr Eisner, would you be interested in adopting a 34 year old man, father of two lovely kids and lucky enough to be the husband of a wonderful woman?"

"And could you please send the mouse back to the bayou, without said mouse on the excersise wheel, a certain someones brain can not function:lol: :hurl: :lol: "

barnum42

Mine would be.
“Why have you not answered any of the awkward questions, choosing instead to just skirt around the real issues?”

prberk

Originally posted by KevinPage

I cannot agree with you more. I really want him and the other business school junkies to ponder that question, and consider the difference between branding and creating!

As for my particular question, I would honestly thank him for his early devotion and genuine service, then sincerely ask...

"How can you stay on now, though, knowing that you have lost the confidence of the very people who brought you here?"

cherrynegra

Mr. Eisner, when you say that you "love" this company, is it the kind of love that is nuturing, caring, supportive, and honest, or is it the kind of love that slowly smothers the object of your affection and where that object turns into a tired, ragged, hollow shell of its former self? You may answer either one first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom