"If you can dream it, you can do it."

JohnD

Original Poster
Does Disney own the copyright to this phrase? Because Honda is now using it for their new truck commercials.

Goofyernmost

I doubt that they could copyright ever single word ever uttered by people and places. How does one know which will end up being significant enough to fear someone is going to copy. I could be wrong about this, but, I thought it was a quote of Walt anyway. Walt's been died for 50 years, so that is a long time to maintain a copyright for something that was only used by them once. I noticed it too, but, it is just an arrangement of words so it seems like that would make it pretty vague concerning any rights to it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Does Disney own the copyright to this phrase? Because Honda is now using it for their new truck commercials.

That's an interesting question, and I haven't a clue if the phrase was copyrighted. Somehow I doubt it--I agree with @Goofyernmost that it is probably too vague with common words. (However, if Honda heard the phrase and liked it so much, then maybe could think of that as a compliment to Walt? ;) )

Goofyernmost

That's an interesting question, and I haven't a clue if the phrase was copyrighted. Somehow I doubt it--I agree with @Goofyernmost that it is probably too vague with common words. (However, if Honda heard the phrase and liked it so much, then maybe could think of that as a compliment to Walt? ;) )
Might even be possible that they paid Disney to use it. Disney sure doesn't believe it anymore and I think they would love it if people were to forget that they once came up with the phase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom