IF I could go to WDW right now I would...

smk

Stay in a FW cabin, decorate it for Christmas and New Years and stay at least three weeks. I would have my own golf cart to run around the campgrounds and see all the decorations. I would buy comfy, cozy Mickey PJ's and get a great deal on a mickey blanket to put on my lap when I was out on the cart. I would go to MK each and every day, spend whatever I wanted on souvenirs, especially a waffle iron to make my own mickey waffles in my cozy home away from home.

I would eat lunch as often as I could at EoS, visit Epcot to travel around the world, talk to Crush and eat pizza. I would FINALLY get to HS to ride Toy Story and see the Hat one more time. I may even go to AK and sit for hours at the Tree of Life, admiring it all.

Most of all I would relax, feet in the sand at any one of the many beaches. What would you all do if you could go right now?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I know he has his pain meds filled already. Tomorrow's the big day and I think I'm more nervous than he is about it.

Ice cream...a bowl was waiting for me in my hospital room when I woke up. Along with a plush bunny to cuddle with. I was 8. The doctor prescribed cherry flavored throat lozenges containing a pain killer. I preferred the ice cream....

Upvote 0

officialtom

Stay in a Saratoga Spring Treehouse Villa with my boyfriend and 6 of our friends for at least 2 weeks, with ADRs and park plans for 10 of the days, prove to our friends how incredible WDW is and how staying on property is the only way to visit, relax relax relax, eat, drink, and take in enough magic to get me through another long year.

Upvote 0

smk

Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I know he has his pain meds filled already. Tomorrow's the big day and I think I'm more nervous than he is about it.
Not lying, tonsils coming out sucks. I will be thinking of you. Hydrate, and hydrate some more and pain meds for at least ten day around the clock and he will be fine!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Have lunch at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club, Take the boat over to the Studios to jump start my day with some Mulch, Sweat & Shears and maybe a quick run on Rock N Roller Coaster. Get back on the boat to EPCOT, go to see the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs (AKA Off Kilter for the most part), the Paul McKenna Band and as the afternoon goes on British Revolution. Dinner at the Rose & Crown, Cottage pie anyone??? Then top the night off with Illuminations and the Peace on Earth tag. Perfect day!!! Marie

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

I would check in to the WL for the awesome Christmas tree and decorations. Next I would take the boat to the Poly for a Samoan and press pot coffee breakfast! Hop on the monorail for some time at MK- must visit TTA, Space, and Splash! After a swing by Adventureland for a Dole whip float (pineapple with pineapple juice) I would leave for Epcot WS to experience the holidays around the world stuff. I've always wanted to do the Candlelight processional, so I would have the package and eat my dinner at someplace I've never tried like San Angel Inn or Rose and Crown. Next the CP, and afterwards, Illuminations. Also, in a perfect world, I would have time to get back to MK for Celebrate the Magic and see the castle all lit up with the icy lights, and there would be EMH so I could ride BTMRR in the dark.

Upvote 0

smk

Original Poster
I would check in to the WL for the awesome Christmas tree and decorations. Next I would take the boat to the Poly for a Samoan and press pot coffee breakfast! Hop on the monorail for some time at MK- must visit TTA, Space, and Splash! After a swing by Adventureland for a Dole whip float (pineapple with pineapple juice) I would leave for Epcot WS to experience the holidays around the world stuff. I've always wanted to do the Candlelight processional, so I would have the package and eat my dinner at someplace I've never tried like San Angel Inn or Rose and Crown. Next the CP, and afterwards, Illuminations. Also, in a perfect world, I would have time to get back to MK for Celebrate the Magic and see the castle all lit up with the icy lights, and there would be EMH so I could ride BTMRR in the dark.
It is a perfect world in this thread, do what you want, dream BIG! I also have never eaten at Rose and Crown it is on my list for real.

Upvote 0

smk

Original Poster
One year and 8 days until my next Disney Christmas Vacation .... it's been since Christmastime-NYE 2009/10. So much has happened with our family since then, including my DH's brain aneurysm last December and my 24 year old DS will be having his tonsils out this Friday (heard it's a painful recovery when you are older) ... so next Christmas my family of four better be in tip top shape. The one thing I plan to do that I never did before is resort hop to see the decorations. And spend more time at AK (because we never seem to spend more than 1/2 day there).
Hope your son is mending well! I seriously have had this on my mind!

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

Hope your son is mending well! I seriously have had this on my mind!
He is doing better now. He was told that 3% of the adults end up with some bleeding and need to go to the emergency room. My son did not disappoint ~~ we ended up in the ER Saturday night (the 13th) and I sat there remembering being in the ER one year earlier on December 14th when my DH had excoriating headache ... turned out to be a ruptured brain aneurysm. But I've made lemonade out of lemons ... took a year but I paid down all his medical bills and earned LOTS of Disney $$$ for our trip next year.

Upvote 0

smk

Original Poster
He is doing better now. He was told that 3% of the adults end up with some bleeding and need to go to the emergency room. My son did not disappoint ~~ we ended up in the ER Saturday night (the 13th) and I sat there remembering being in the ER one year earlier on December 14th when my DH had excoriating headache ... turned out to be a ruptured brain aneurysm. But I've made lemonade out of lemons ... took a year but I paid down all his medical bills and earned LOTS of Disney $$$ for our trip next year.
NOw I know why you have been on my mind! It totally sucks to have them out, one of the worst surgeries ever! When the scabs come off people usually bleed and get terrible ear pain. Thus the pain meds for a full ten days....scabs usually are around day seven. So glad he is on the mend!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom