If a new coaster was to come, what would you want it to be?

Coaster we would like to see at Disney

• Total voters

MickeyJman06

Original Poster
This is just a brainstorming topic of what roller coster we would like to see at disney.
You might hav trouble understanding some stuff but search it up on google
Note: i put in some coasters that we would probaly NEVER see at disney, but this is just your opinoin

krankenstein

I would theme a flying coaster to The Rocketeer and place it in DHS. I would put a slow dark ride portion at the beginning, then we would take off on a flight.

The Empress Lilly

That's too technical and too much Googling for me I'm afraid.

What I want, is a thrilling coaster, of whatever kind. A monster. Loops, inversions, corkscrews, the works. :sohappy:

Yes, yes, I go to WDW for the theme and the detail and I agree with Walt that rides should be for the whole family and all that.

But...gimme thrills also! At Disney, I want to be enchanted, I want to be moved, I want to learn, and I also want to be thrilled.

Times have changed. When my parents where my age, they didn't dare go on Big Thunder. It is, by contemporary standards, a kiddie ride. I am now my parents age and love coasters. Loops, inverted, backwards...I do it eating breakfast and reading the morning paper.

I don't enjoy Dumbo. It is too kiddie for me. But if kids love it, build it. I don't care for parades, but if people like them, good for them and I hope Disney keeps creating spectacular ones for you.
I do care for thrill rides and wouldn't mind some big, fast coaster. Even when I realise some people won't or can't ride it.

NOT WOOD!

How bout a record setting 480 foot tall coaster that is mostly indoors but has some made up storyline like BTMRR, EE, etc.
add some inversions, make it a long ride and boom!
where to put it? hmmm...

wvdisneyfamily

I love Rock'n'Roller Coaster, but it's just too short. Something as great as that (but not identical and with a better pre-ride show) but a bit longer.

PeoplemoverTTA

I would theme a flying coaster to The Rocketeer and place it in DHS. I would put a slow dark ride portion at the beginning, then we would take off on a flight.

Love it!

Or, a flying coaster themed to the flying scene with Woody and Buzz at the end of Toy Story (This isn't flying, it's falling with style)...would be a nice fit for Pixar Place (although the Monster's Inc coaster's going in...hey, this is blue sky :animwink:).

the-reason14

I severely doubt we would say any coaster too too thrilling at disney. Esp. record breaking standards. Although I must admit, I love coasters and it would be nice, as Rrc is too short and really isnt that fun or thrilling with all the noise blaring in your ear, and E:E is great, but the whole stop and wait 9 sec. thing twice, takes away from the thrill for me. I think Rrc is the most thrilling coaster you'll see at WDW and thats pretty sad.

But honestly, if we really want coasters, I guess we should check out, Univ, Sea World, and Busch, and even Six flags. Disney coasters arent really that great, yea they are fun and well themed and thats what makes them great, but the thrill is lacking severely in alot of them, well really, all of em with the excpetion of maybe rrc.

But I wouldnt mind seeing another mountain coaster, like the mt. fuji thing, but I wouldnt want it to be some rinky BTMRR type of mess, I want big drops and make it more thrilling then E:E. Yea, its good to cater to the family, but you gotta have somethings for the thrill fanatics.

Ilovewishes

I think I'm pretty much getting my dream coaster with the Monsters Inc one. I always dreamed that they would do a ride based on the doors scene, a floorless one that would give you an almost out of control feeling! I really can't wait for the Monsters Inc ride.

Other than that, I really, really think they should do a ride based on Aladdin that suits the Magic Carpet's flight a bit more than the existing ride does! They could even base it on the scene in the Cave of Wonders when everything goes into meltdown! Thrilling, but a recognisable scene that won't scare the kiddies too much!

Other than that, I love wooden rollercoasters! Especially really old ones!! Nothing can beat that out-of-control-oh-heck-I-think-it's-going-to-collapse feeling!!!:lol:

Iceviper123

I think flying or inverted has the most potential for Disney.

But flying coasters are rare to come by. (at least for me)

It also be interesting to see a multi-dimensional coaster like X at Magic Mountain.:kiss:

LuisT

I think I'm pretty much getting my dream coaster with the Monsters Inc one. I always dreamed that they would do a ride based on the doors scene, a floorless one that would give you an almost out of control feeling! I really can't wait for the Monsters Inc ride.

Other than that, I really, really think they should do a ride based on Aladdin that suits the Magic Carpet's flight a bit more than the existing ride does! They could even base it on the scene in the Cave of Wonders when everything goes into meltdown! Thrilling, but a recognisable scene that won't scare the kiddies too much!

Other than that, I love wooden rollercoasters! Especially really old ones!! Nothing can beat that out-of-control-oh-heck-I-think-it's-going-to-collapse feeling!!!:lol:

PERFECT. I am thinking the same way you think.

Monster Inc roller coaster would be amazing, and there would be doors flying everyone :D. The floorless would be pretty cool.

-Luis

disneymyway

I don't really care as long as it has a story and imaginative scenery.

I just went to Disneyland in Paris and rode the Indiana Jones roller coaster. What the heck???:veryconfu It is just a roller coaster!

Shouldn't there be some Nazis chasing us or boulders falling on us or snakes or something?? I was really disappointed. If I want a regular roller coaster I can go to Cedar Point.

imagineer boy

How about instead of building a coaster, maybe a unique Disney ride using advanced technology? Coasters aren't the only thrilling ride Disney can make.

Also, some of the suggestions here wouldn't work, because keep in mind, you have to hide the track in order to complete the illusion.

hokielutz

This sounds like a Batwing kind of ride... similar to the SF version, except theming and inside portions.

RonAnnArbor

Really, what I would like to see is them bringing Crush's Coaster from Walt Disney Studios at Disneyland Resort Paris to Disney's Hollywood STudios.

FOr those who don't know, you sit 4 people per car, back to back, in a coaster car that looks like a tortoise -- this is set on a metal track, and the cars are programmed to turn at strategic times. The first 1/3 of the ride is themed (ala Splash Mountain using nemo characters) and the second 2/3 is an out and out roller coaster in the dark, with water bubble projections as you "ride the reef" with crush....it's an amazing coaster, done the way only Disney can do it -- and it would be an instant favorite at WDW.

WDWBlaze

I know they would never do it, but I would love a hyper coaster. They are my favorites and have the longest ride time of any coaster type. Plus nothing beats the negative G's/air time of a Hyper. Look up videos of Nitro at Great Adventure to get an idea. A Disney themed version of one of these would be great!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercoaster

bali

Roller Soaker just sounds too good!!!

My bf and I were bemoaning the loss of really good DROPS around the country; loops and spins are in and the good old, gut-wrenching drop is out. So sad...

bali

I know they would never do it, but I would love a hyper coaster. They are my favorites and have the longest ride time of any coaster type. Plus nothing beats the negative G's/air time of a Hyper. Look up videos of Nitro at Great Adventure to get an idea. A Disney themed version of one of these would be great!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercoaster

Exactly :sohappy::sohappy: (Except Nitro is kind of boring...Maybe Nitro combined with El Toro...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom