Ideas on places to propose in the Magic Kingdom?

azrack2001

Original Poster
So I'm trying to plan out a proposal for my girlfriend for our upcoming trip to Disney World. I'm hoping to do it somewhere in the Magic Kingdom during the day (as I may also have something set up in the room by Disney Florist when we return to get ready for dinner).

So far the here are the locations I can think of that allow for a good setting and/or scenario:

1) Cinderella's Royal Table
- Sadly, my girlfriend knows about people doing this, so although I was able to book a breakfast in the castle. I'm afraid she may be suspicious during the meal and the surprise factor would be gone.

2) In front of Cinderella's Castle
- This is what I'm leaning towards as it's a great setting, and would allow for a great picture. My only worry is to have a backup plan location just in case something happens (like we catch someone else proposing in front of the castle right before I planned to do it).

3) During the parade/fireworks
- Sadly won't work for me, and I've read some people couldn't do it in MK because it was all shoulder to shoulder with no room to propose.

4) In front of the wishing well
- I was hoping this may be a somewhat more romantic (less crowded) place then in front of cinderella's castle. Not sure if it's easy to get a picture (from a photopass photographer) at this location.

5) on a ride
- Probably not that romantic, and potential to lose a ring is higher =P. Not to mention the story to tell your future kids "So I proposed to your Mom on the Buzz Light Year Astro Blaster Spin Ride" lol. Although the Peter Pan ride could be a romantic place.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows any other good areas in MK that would allow for a nice setting to do a proposal during the day?

Thanks a bunch.

bmarkelon

How about on the bridge to Tomorrowland. Taking a pretty big step towards your future. There is usually a Photopass there because it's a great picture with the view of the castle behind you. I'll keep thinking. I love stuff like this. The first thing I thought of when I read your subject line was Cinderella's fountain behind the castle. It's could be possible that you could have a more quiet moment there, but there probably isn't Photopass.

disneykw

Very nice.:) Well, I can't think of any new locations that would work better than your ideas for the time being. So I'll just talk about your ideas with you.

- This is what I'm leaning towards as it's a great setting, and would allow for a great picture. My only worry is to have a backup plan location just in case something happens (like we catch someone else proposing in front of the castle right before I planned to do it).

This is what I agree with as well. It's a great location and many couples do propose here, but I wouldn't worry too much about seeing others propose before you. I mean sure it's possible, but I don't think it happens THAT often. I suppose a back-up would be a good idea. True, there are a lot of Photopass photographers in the area. There's always one available by the Partners Statue.

3) During the parade/fireworks
- Sadly won't work for me, and I've read some people couldn't do it in MK because it was all shoulder to shoulder with no room to propose.

True it'd be romantic, but it'll probably be too loud from the speakers, especially in the hub.

4) In front of the wishing well
- I was hoping this may be a somewhat more romantic (less crowded) place then in front of cinderella's castle. Not sure if it's easy to get a picture (from a photopass photographer) at this location.

Hmmm...I don't know. Yeah, it'd be romantic but I find it might be a bit cliche? Perhaps if she didn't know it was there it might work good and you can surprise her out of the blue?

5) on a ride

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

"So I proposed to your Mom on the Buzz Light Year Astro Blaster Spin Ride"

Yeah, that's pretty funny. However come to think of it, the carousel might work good, as long as you don't drop the ring of course.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. You might want to call Guest Relations or something and let them know, wouldn't hurt. Sometimes Disney likes to participate in things like these and help out by creating "magical moments", granted it usually for PR purposes. Otherwise, they may be able to offer you some help too, I'm sure they get questions a lot.

DisneyPrincess5

This sounds amazing!
She'd love it...plus you can't beat that setting!
Do it right when you get there in the AM so not too many people are around to ruin it for you!

bmarkelon

This sounds amazing!
She'd love it...plus you can't beat that setting!
Do it right when you get there in the AM so not too many people are around to ruin it for you!

Actually that's a perfect idea, get an early reservation for Crystal Palace on a day when the park doesn't have magic hours. This way you'll get into the park before the crowd. In front of the castle makes the best story. Although I just love any Disney proposal story.

maggiegrace1

I know you said during the day but it is so romantic at night....
Right in front of the castle..after the park is closed and people are still leaving and hardly anyone is there..

Or by the wishing well around the same time...really anywhere at thjat time is pretty romantic...

We stayed after the park closed last year and took our time leaving..and hardly anyone was there at all and we just sat on Main Street while Maggie slept in the stroller and it was so nice.

Congrats and good luck..I think anywhere in the world would be amazing!..:)

How about on the path that runs down where the Swan boats used to be? It's very pretty- roses all over the place, and very few people go back there, so it would be a little more secluded. It's on the bridge heading from the main hub over to tomorrow land, you just hang a left before you cross over the moat. Or, how about in the little theatre where they do storytime with belle? It is right behind the castle and has a nice little backdrop to it. I know that there are times during the day when they don't have a show there.

azrack2001

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions. I think I picked a plan, and now i'm pretty much just psyching myself out with all the bad things that COULD happen. But let's just say in the worst case scenario we end up with a proposal story that involves us both being in rain ponchos.

TowerOfTerror

If you had a certain place you had in mind a photopass photographer can be arranged to be at a certain place at any time as long it is not something bizarre. You need to contact guest relations to arrange this opportunity. I would recommend that you do it during the day since night shot are hard to get action shots.

jen2009

There is a spot on the bridge to tomorrowland to the right of the castle. There is usually a photopass person there. It is were Mickey is standing in the flower bed. It has a awesome view of the castle. We had family photos done with each family that went down for our wedding. We put each photo in a frame and gave as gifts. The castle view was beyond beautiful. It is off the main rush of in front of the castle but yet still has one of the best views of the castle I have ever seen. It is wortha look. Congratualtions on your upcoming engagement!!

DisneyMom4

I second the vote for the rose garden area. It's between Tomorrowland and the castle.

However, if you want a photo you will probably need to go with the bridge or in front of the castle.

Let us know how it goes!

EvilQueen-T

booking a boat to watch the mk fireworks would be private and romantic time to ask.

my husband and i have had a picnic dinner on the beach area at both the poly and the gf watching the mk fireworks, it could be a private and romantic time to pop the question.

since it's the "what would you celebrate" year maybe guest relations could possibly help you arrange calling her up on a stage during or before a show if you want a big splash in front of people possibly at any of the parks. plus guest relations may be able to help with ideas also.

kstella

Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions. I think I picked a plan, and now i'm pretty much just psyching myself out with all the bad things that COULD happen. But let's just say in the worst case scenario we end up with a proposal story that involves us both being in rain ponchos.

I don't know, a proposal in the rain might be very romantic! Not to add to your psyching yourself out or anything, but really the worst thing that could happen would be if she said no,:eek: which I'm sure she won't!:animwink:

Good luck and whatever you choose will be perfect for the two of you, even if nothing goes as you had planned. The relationship is what's important. The rest is just window dressing.

DisneyChik17

booking a boat to watch the mk fireworks would be private and romantic time to ask.

my husband and i have had a picnic dinner on the beach area at both the poly and the gf watching the mk fireworks, it could be a private and romantic time to pop the question.

since it's the "what would you celebrate" year maybe guest relations could possibly help you arrange calling her up on a stage during or before a show if you want a big splash in front of people possibly at any of the parks. plus guest relations may be able to help with ideas also.

I had never thought that was a possibility, but since it most likely is, whoever wants to propose to me would have good sense to do it before BatB at DHS. Honestly, I cannot think of a more fitting way for me to be proposed to. LOL!

KajunWDWFan

Proposal

:king:I proposed to my wife on the landing of the train station looking towards the castle. We only had 1 other couple up there with us at the time. After I proposed to her the couple came up to us and congradulated us and wished us well. The only thing she did not give me a answer until we got on the monirail to Epcot. She was so exisited about where it happened that I had to ask for a answer when we got on the monirail in the front with the pilot. She cried for the next hour. She is a hugh Disney Fan and always want to be proposed to there ( I did not Know this).

So good luck and you will be nervious where ever you do it, but it will be the best thing you do. Then on all of ya"lls future trips to the World it will be that more special, we always go to that spot and soak it all in like it just happened.:sohappy::wave:

Daisy&Donald23

My husband propsed to me at Sunset Point at the Polynesian resort. The castle was in the background, and it was a beautiful, sunny day. I had no idea it was coming...I was shocked, but of course said yes! We went back for our honeymoon also and set up a photographer from the events department that does weddings, and had pictures taken around the Poly. Great momento of the honeymoon and tying it all together!

Disney is such a great place for an engagement...especially if your girlfriend is a Disney fan!

I agree, proposing in front of the castle in the morning before your ADR's in the castle would be an ideal time. You may just need to coordinate having a photographer there as they are not as prevalent during that time of day.

antnic327

My fiance proposed to me on January 7th of last year, on our first day in the park right after we had breakfast at the Crystal Palace/Winnie the Pooh character breakfast. We were taking our first PhotoPass pictures of the trip in front of the castle since no one was around yet because the park was not officially open. Our photographer asked, "do you guys want to do anything fun or crazy?" and my fiance said he had something to ask me and he got down on one knee and proposed. It was beautiful and the pictures turned out amazing. We are getting married on October 17th and will be back in Florida for another week in WDW and a week on the Disney Cruise. Here are some pictures:

DisneyPhotoImage245.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage243.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage237.jpg

castevens

I proposed during Wishes, and she still beams when she tells people, and many of the girls that she tells still cry with how perfect everything was. I just did it during the fireworks, and we were alone in a crowd, so to speak. The thousands of other people just disappeared and it was just us.

87 GN

I proposed to my wife just in front of the castle on the left side by the stage.
There is a little bump out in the ramp heading up to the castle just enough for two people, it was after the fireworks during an extra hours night. Not allot of people around there so it was nice with just the two of us.
I wanted to do it during the fireworks in front of the castle but it was just too crowded, I am glad I waited till after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom