Ideas for Off-Day at WL

Glasgow

We are planning on taking a day off during our trip this time, something we've never really done. We're staying at WL for the first time, so how about sharing your ideas/knowledge about things to do for fun? We've got 2 kids, 3 1/2 and an infant.

So how about it? What would you do??! TIA :wave:

stitch & lilo

we have enjoyed walking around the boardwalk and beach club. getting ice cream from beaches and cream, and taking the boat around. we also like riding on the monorail and exploring the other hotels. also just chillin at the pool and exploring the resort, doing laundry and sleeping late! enjoy your trip and take lots of pics!:king:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

The best way to spend a day off is with relaxation at the swimming pool & resort beach! It's much needed after all that walking around at the park. You could rent some watercraft at WL too. Or take the kids to the "Cub's Den" area, or playground. In the evenings, don't forget about the campfire sing a long - if they are doing it the time of year you visit.

You could also go to DTD for the afternoon, and visit the shops, have some lunch, ride the carousel, and take a little ferry ride.

I second the idea of visiting the Boardwalk area. Stitch and Lilo gave some great ideas for that spot. I stayed there last year, and it's a fun place. You can head to Fantasia minigolf from there if you'd like to also.

If you have the hidden mickey book, it's really fun to go on a hunt. We took a day off once, and hopped to a few resorts to find mickey's. My four year old nephew loves to take part in this. You can get the book on Amazon, and it's totally worth it. Our whole family has fun with it.

Have a wonderful trip, and day off :)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Wilderness Lodge is great, but I don't know if there enough to do there to occupy your family for a whole day.
You should definitely take a day to enjoy the Boardwalk!
There are a lot of activities and sites and great food as well.
You can also stroll over to the Beach Club and have ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I would spend as much time at the pool as possible. Maybe goto Downtown Disney at night or the Boardwalk and walk around and grab something to eat. Why not even goto the campground and see the campfire sing a long.

Upvote 0

swimmom

There is a tour of the lodge you can take and a Hidden Mickey list you can get. Also you can request to be the flag family when you ckeck in. Although this wouldn't necessarily be on your day-off. It was so great to be able to go up to the roof to see the view and raise the flags.

Upvote 0
I agree with everyone else. Sleep in late, some time at the pool, or going to other resorts or DTD. One other thing I could add if you have a car, is to go do some outlets shopping. We like Prime1 or Orlando Premium.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

Visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge- you can go outside and check out the animals on the observation decks. They have guides out there to ask questions to- rocking chairs- even a fire pit at night........

If you have a car- that would be easiest- otherwise- catch a bus to the AK and then take the AKL bus to the resort.

We also like to visit DTD via the boat from POL Riverside. We catch a bus to POL- eat lunch- then hop on the boat. It's a nice 15 minute+ boat ride to DTD. Great views!!! Plus at DTD they have those water splash zones........

Upvote 0

sweetale

My husband and I stayed at WL for our honeymoon and we found that there is quiet a bit to do there as well as the campgrounds. We enjoyed wandering the resort and looking for wildlife (there are a lot of animals around, especially if you take the walkway over to the villas which tends to be quieter).
If your up for it, there is a walkway from WL to the campgrounds. Over at the campground you can visit the petting zoo, the three year old can play on the play structures. From there, you can always hop on a boat over to Contemporary and then take the monorail around to the different resorts.
A nice way to finish the day would be dessert while sitting on the WL beach and watching the water pagent (not sure what times it runs, but front desk would know).
Enjoy your trip!! :wave:

Upvote 0

beyondyou

take a bike ride around the hotel. go swimming. take a nature trail hike. hidden mickeys.

or, my personal favorite choice would be resort hopping. that was some of my favorite time while on my CP. Boardwalk and akl or awesome fun. or just hop onto the monorail and hit up the contempoary, poly, or grand! they are very fun to explore

take advantage of the free transportation around the resort and explore!

Upvote 0

828tnt

i think you're at one of the absolute BEST resorts to spend an off day!!!!

i've stayed there but once, but there's tons to do- most already mentioned. if you can do any of the special early morning things, of course do them. but, if not, sleep in an hour or two. sign up for the hidden mickey tour (make a resi in advance), hit the pool. and btw, they have one of the best pools areas on property! lots of activities, a bar, some wildlife, and an incredible setting!

not to mention the theme doesn't end at the pool area. go. wander about. rent a bike check out the nature trails! there of course is an entire lake to interact with- fishing, boating, para sailing..... heck, just ride the boats for the view!

not to mention, there are obviously a few things you could take your family to enjoy off resort. the boardwalk is excellent!

but if you can't find something to do at the wl, well.......

enjoy!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom