Idea for couples at Disney

farside41

Original Poster
My family is going to Disney next week, there is a large group of us going and one night my wife and I wanted to ask my parents to watch our son while we have a "date night"

What are some ideas for this. I was thinking about the Circ de Sol in downtown Disney, but that is slightly pricey.

How is the Aloha Dinner at the Polynesian? Expensive?

Maryssa*

The Luau show is pretty neat, plus then you can walk around on the beach afterwards and perhaps see the MK fireworks from it!

DisneyPrincess5

Aww how nice for you to have a date night at WDW!

Never been myself, but I've heard great things about Ohana at the Poly. As Maryssa* suggested, you can then walk along the Polynesian white sand beach and watch Wishes!

Also the California Grill is very romantic and you can watch Wishes from there as well...a tad pricey though.

farside41

Original Poster
What about the restaurant at the top of the Contemporary?

This is our first time going since our honeymoon 5 years ago and our son's first time (even though he is only 7 months and won't remember any of it) so we are both pretty excited to go

DisneyPrincess5

What about the restaurant at the top of the Contemporary?

This is our first time going since our honeymoon 5 years ago and our son's first time (even though he is only 7 months and won't remember any of it) so we are both pretty excited to go
That's the California Grill...look into it!

There's a lot of little spots for couples to enjoy themselves without the 'chillins.

I've eaten at the California Grill and would reccommend it to anyone. The menu was a little odd though, it's about a 4 course meal (smaller portions). I got a goat cheese ravioli that was absolutely delicious and almost eclipsed my main course of a steak. We finished eating around 830p, realized it was almost firework time, decided to eat dessert and by the time we finished (we were eating in the lounge area), the lights in the dining room turned off and music played with the fireworks. Very nice.

There's also going to eat at EPCOT's pavilions. We ate a very good meal at the UK pavilion. Our server gave us the option of placing our order before or after the fireworks and refreshing our drinks, because all service during the fireworks stops. We were able to move out to a lagoonside area and watch the fireworks from up close, then go back and finish our meal.

Or you could always go to Downtown Disney and catch La Nouba and then hit up a nightclub for drinks and dancing. They also have a comedy club there. IIRC, they have a club for about every genre of music, but I never spent a lot of time in Downtown Disney, aside from DQ or the shopping.

Hope this helps.

DizneyPryncess

I would say ditto the California Grille. I went there for my first anniversary and it was extremely romantic. We had a table seat during Wishes, and it was magical for sure. =-)

My other favorite thing to do, which has been mentioned, is to eat at the Polynesian and then watch Wishes from the beach there. Ohana is great, tons & tons of food. I love it there, but I've always preferred Kona Cafe a bit. It's less expensive, and I like ordering off a menu over family style. Either way though, can't go wrong! I prefer them both over the Aloha dinner, which really wasn't romantic for us, but just fun. You'll get more kids there. Plus it's more money, like you said.

I have not done this, but there are carriage rides at the Port Orleans resorts that are supposed to be nice for couples. It's a 30 minute ride between the two resorts, and I've heard it's beautiful. That would be a great way to end your night.

La Nouba is fantastic. I saw it a long time ago, but I loved it. It is pricey, but worth it. That would be a very nice date night!

Tar Heel

World Showcase is always a good in park option. Plenty of places to eat and drink a little if you like. You can go out the International Gateway and walk around the Boardwalk.

zurgandfriend

As stated, the California Grill and watching wishes for the roof of the contemporary is great.

Victoria and Alberts is a very special, expensive, but special dinner. That means bring a suit/sports coat with you.

gbruenin

When our kids were younger we would book a night for them at Neverland Club/Cubs Den/etc, have a quiet dinner at Kona Cafe or Artist's Point, then spend a bit of time on Main St at MK visiting the shops that the kids had no patience to be in. An ice cream cone, perhaps see the fireworks from the park, or watch from the beach at Poly. Its all quite nice when your attention can be focused on the spouse and not on the kids.

The point is that you'll find WDW can be very romantic for couples (even if its only for 2-3 hours). It doesn't need to be a costly night. Kudos to you for planning a special night like this.

Gary

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Cali Grill - good meal, nice fireworks view, and if the weather stays like it is you can be indoors for most or all of it.

Mouse Man

Honestly date night is a good thing to do, but how about a good ol laugh and fun with a very decent dinner show like the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Good food, Interactive show, lots of laughs and a nice time for a couple to spend together for a little get away and something different that you just don't do all the time. The DWF and I find romatic dinners are nice and required, but we always found that a good laugh and a meal always made us act like kids and enjoy each others company that much more.

LoriMistress

I would suggest a nice restaurant at one of the deluxe resorts, and spend the evening exploring the resort. And maybe hop over to DTD.

Courtney1188

I've been having this debate too lately because me and my boyfriend are going in April and want to eat somewhere nicer one night...the only problem is I'm EXTREMELY picky. I eat everything plain...it's super weird. Like if I get a hamburger, I get meat and the bun...that's it. Not really anything that looks appetizing to me at the nicer restaurants, so I'm still trying to figure it out...

However, if you and your husband are more on the adventurous side, here's another vote for California Grill...mostly just because I'm a sucker for Wishes.

monkeysammich

One year my wife and I just did World Showcase alone.. and it was nice to be able to just enjoy it with just the two of us.

This last trip we had '50s Primetime and Fantasmic just the two of us... andit was very nice... but we're more of a silly couple, fun over romance (or is it that the fun IS the romance to us?)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've been having this debate too lately because me and my boyfriend are going in April and want to eat somewhere nicer one night...the only problem is I'm EXTREMELY picky. I eat everything plain...it's super weird. Like if I get a hamburger, I get meat and the bun...that's it. Not really anything that looks appetizing to me at the nicer restaurants, so I'm still trying to figure it out...

However, if you and your husband are more on the adventurous side, here's another vote for California Grill...mostly just because I'm a sucker for Wishes.

Courtney, my hubby is a very picky eater, too. Have you tried Yachtsman Steakhouse? We enjoyed a nice dinner there for our 15th anniversary.

Lord Pheonix

o god, please dont ban me for this, but....

if you wanna get laid, cali grill for dinner, followed by a walk around the beaches.

a carraige ride at port orleans is romantic too.

ftc316

Monorail Ride

Try to go on a late night Monorail trip from T&T to Epcot. Wait it out, and try to get an entire train car to yourselves. As soon as the train gets rolling, you guys can get rolling. You have about 12 minutes. Have Fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom