Idea for a Goofy ride?

What Goofy ride should be in Toontown?

• Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse (different from Tokyo)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Goofy's Goof Karts

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Goofy About Road Trips

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been thinking of various ways to update Mickey's Toontown, one of them being a replacement for Goofy's Playhouse. I've been thinking of several attraction ideas, but only one can be used.

The first choice is a version of Goofy's Paint 'n' Playhouse. This is similar to the Tokyo Disneyland attraction in that it involves you going into Goofy's house to repaint a room. But unlike Tokyo, this version expands into a dark ride where you paint not just the living room, but other rooms, too, like the bedroom and the kitchen.

The second choice is a ride called Goofy's Goof Karts, based loosely on an old Goofy comic book I have:
1201-1.jpg

The idea is you are trying to help Goofy has set up a makeshift go-kart track for you, on cars themed to the Goof Kart above. But, in typical Goofy fashion, they go out of control and careen through the yard and smash through part of his house.

The third idea is a revival of Goofy About Road Trips:
281117660-20143143.jpg

It was conceived as part of the DCA overhaul, on a section about California's car culture, but it was scrapped in favor of Cars Land. However, the basic gist of it remains the same as it was conceived, that you take a cross-country road trip with Goofy. It was intended to somehow be based on "A Goofy Movie", but I'm thinking of basing more on Goofy cartoons of the past, which were cobbled together into a video called "Sport Goofy's Vacation":
144coverb.jpg

The main challenge with this third choice is that not only that there may not be a lot of space for it, especially if Fantasyland gets an expansion, but also that I don't have a lot of ideas to go on for this concept.

Anyway, those are my basic ideas. But I can't decide which ones to do, and so I put up a poll on this topic, where you can vote (only once) on which you think is the best idea. However, keep in mind, as I am, the limited amount of space to work with.

So which Goofy ride concept do you think is the best? Vote now!

The90skid

Goofy road trip! Has lots of potential to be fun! Another fun Goofy ride would be one based on those "PSA" Goofy shorts. The narrators for those always amuse me!

kap91

Goofys road trip - but I'd specifically focus it on the old goofy "how to" cartoons where the narrator is talking about how "easy" a task is. So many opportunities for laughs and gags that are classically goofy.

The90skid

Goofys road trip - but I'd specifically focus it on the old goofy "how to" cartoons where the narrator is talking about how "easy" a task is. So many opportunities for laughs and gags that are classically goofy.
Great minds think alike, eh? :)

kap91

As far as space to build the ride that'd be a problem but assuming TDA eventually moved all management and parking offsite there's plenty of room.

mharrington

Original Poster
Goofy road trip! Has lots of potential to be fun! Another fun Goofy ride would be one based on those "PSA" Goofy shorts. The narrators for those always amuse me!

What PSA shorts? As for the narrator, it would have to be Corey Burton doing an impression of the how-to narrator.

mharrington

Original Poster
The other challenge of doing a narration for a road trip is simply that it screams, well, "how to". There's room for gags a-plenty, to be sure, but how could a road trip be applied to a "how to" narration?

The90skid

The other challenge of doing a narration for a road trip is simply that it screams, well, "how to". There's room for gags a-plenty, to be sure, but how could a road trip be applied to a "how to" narration?
I was thinking of the "how to" videos when I said PSA lol. I agree, it would be hard to do with a road trip; I was thinking that the "how to" attraction would be a seperate attraction.

mharrington

Original Poster
So what vignettes could be included in the road trip concept? One that comes to mind is fishing, only it wouldn't be like "How To Fish". Rather, it would be like "Goofy and Wilbur". A fish lands in Goofy's net, but in trying to escape through the netting, it drags Goofy's boat around in a circle as he tries to hold on. What other ideas could there be?

kap91

How to park an RV?

How to Order at a Drive Through.

How to find a space in a crowded parking lot.

How to read a map.

How to navigate traffic.

How to find a place to relieve yourself.

Those are just a few I think that could be hilarious.

mharrington

Original Poster
How to park an RV?

How to Order at a Drive Through.

How to find a space in a crowded parking lot.

How to read a map.

How to navigate traffic.

How to find a place to relieve yourself.

Those are just a few I think that could be hilarious.

There is one piece of artwork representing a vignette in the ride:
281931900-20143146.jpg

So that could be in the ride, I imagine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom