Idea for a different kind of Pixar ride...

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Original Poster
I've seen a lot of talk on these boards about how shoehorned in Pixar Place's offerings are, mainly due to the fact that the themes of A) going into the studio where the movies are made and B) going into the worlds of the movies themselves are obviously going to clash.

The crazy idea I had a bit ago, as a partial remedy for this (and it's only a vague idea as of now), is for a ride based on the animation process of the Pixar studio itself. After designing a CGI model of themselves in a Test-Track-style preshow, riders would see themselves become characters in a Pixar short, as their aforementioned CGI selves come alive in show scenes detailing each step of the animation, from initial inspiration/sketches to layout, blocking, lighting, etc. with the beautiful finished product as the finale (in the case of the first one, I'm sure some kind of elaborate filter would need to be applied to a picture of the model). Again, this is all just a vague idea, but I'm thinking it would either take the place of TSMM, as that ride's presence is pretty much the catalyst for the clashing themes I mentioned earlier, or go into Soundstage 1.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom