Ice-cream carts

Blonde Princess

Original Poster
We just returned yesterday from 10 days in WDW. We noticed a strange occurrence on Saturday. All of the ice-cream carts, with the exception of the one between Mexico and the Odessey complex were gone. Simply gone! We came out of dinner at San Angel Inn at 715 p.m. and walked around world showcase. All he wanted was a Mickey Premium Bar. None. We had to walk all the way around back to Mexico to find one? Anyone have any ideas what was up?

Rob562

Many of the carts close up shop at some point in the evening. They throw covers over them and secure them for the night. (I know I almost never see the one between Mexico & Norway open when I'm waiting nearby for IllumiNations)

Besides, I'm having trouble imagining that many ice cream carts within World Showcase to begin with... I can only think of that one, and one or two near World Showcase Plaza... Perhaps there weren't as many as you were remembering? Or are you talking about carts you'd seen earlier that same day?

-Rob

castlecake2.0

That cart near Mexico is usually the only one for World Showcase. One popped up a few days ago in World Showcase Plaza I noticed on my way to work. At Christmas time we had one in Canada near the Canada Stage, behind the rock where the beer cart was, but it was taken away quickly...

Boray

There are very few in World Showcase. We often find ourselves at "Ice Cream Break Time" (which is typically around 2:30) in the WS. There simply aren't any ice cream stands in the middle area. Perhaps there is one by the Mexican Pavillion (don't remember seeing one). They would probably benefit by putting one out there, perhaps even by Japan.

Rob562

There are very few in World Showcase. We often find ourselves at "Ice Cream Break Time" (which is typically around 2:30) in the WS. There simply aren't any ice cream stands in the middle area. Perhaps there is one by the Mexican Pavillion (don't remember seeing one). They would probably benefit by putting one out there, perhaps even by Japan.

While they don't have the ice cream novelties available, there are quite a number of frozen desserts available through World Showcase.

There's the aforementioned ice cream cart between Mexico and Norway that serves Mickey bars and ice cream novelties, though it seems to only be open during the peak hours of the day.

-The counter service place in China has red bean and caramel ginger ice cream.

-The African Outpost has soft serve ice cream and sundaes.

-One of the stands by American Adventure serves soft serve.

-Kaki Gori shaved ice in Japan.

Of course, there are also frozen beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) available.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom