I would LOVE to see the Hoop Dee Doo again...BUT...

Does the food at Hoop Dee Doo affect your decision to go?

• I like the food at Hoop Dee Doo.

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • I love the show, but the food could use some work.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • The food keeps me from going again.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The food has kept me from ever going.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The price is just way to high to go no matter what the food is.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Who cares. I would rather be at the parks or elsewhere and have no intrest in Hoop Dee Doo anyways.

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I really hated the food.

Cornbread- Great
Beans- Best at WDW
Chicken- I have huge difficulty with bone-in chicken, an it was not any better than grocerystore chicken.
Strawberry Shortcake- No ice cream? Very blandish.

I wish they had a bit more choice. Just adding the Sausage fro
Whispering Canyon and another side or two.

I had to hit the food court at the hotel afterwards at the hotel to fill up.

Great show.
Poor food.

pcarathers

I agree. The food was nothing to write home about. The show and atmosphere is wonderful..I just think they should have more options on the food.

happymom52003

I LOVE the food at the Hoop De Doo!

Have they changed the menu? Last time I was there they also had ribs, potatoes, and salad...or did you just list only the things you ate?

DisneyBunny

My problem was always that they never let you eat long enough..

They give you the bucket of ribs... you nibble on one... watch the show because it's awesome, and BAM, it's chicken time! So much for the ribs. Then you're eating the chicken and BAM now it's shortcake time! I too left hungry because I just wanted to watch the show, and ran out of time to stuff my face.

I solved that problem by just eating next door at the Trail's End. :lol:

We've always enjoyed the food. It fits into the whole atmosphere of the show and hall.
The strawberry shortcake is another story. It has never been very good.

My daughter has gone to HDD twice since she became a vegetarian. The chef came to our table on both occasions to discuss with her what he suggested for the evening. Her dinners were excellent!

Tiggerfanatic

I must be in the minority because I LOVED the strawberry shortcake. My problem was, my nephew was picked to be in the show's finale, and I was so busy watching him, that I didn't get to finish dessert. Really made me sad.

GoochDSA

I am also not a big fan of chicken on the bone, but that has never stopped me from going. I just fill up on the ribs, beans, salad and beer(always saving just enough room for the strawberry shortcake).

slappy magoo

I am also not a big fan of chicken on the bone, but that has never stopped me from going. I just fill up on the ribs, beans, salad and beer(always saving just enough room for the strawberry shortcake).

None of my business, but why do you consider chicken on the bone an issue but not ribs? Don't answer if you don't wanna, I'm not your dad or anything.

captain marvel1

heres a idea they should have take home boxes on the table. so when you get the waiters attention they load it up. what you dont finish you can take home later. they can have a waiter with a computer machine that they can check off who gets what. add it to the bill at the very end that way you can enjoy the show in peace and still have dinner or lunch for later just a thought.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've always felt the ribs were not that tender and the chicken tasted like the stuff you get at the supermarket.

The strawberry shortcake without ice cream annoys me the most, though.

I still love the show and it's worth enduring not very good food for.

harryk

Who goes for the food. It is the show. Must be something about the show since it is one of the longest running shows around.
Personally I hate beans, so I eat something else and have always had plenty to keep me satisfied. It is a fun night and I view the food as an extra. After paying $75.00 to $95.00 for theatre tickets and not getting a meal - HDDR is a bargain!! Go and enjoy..... :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom