I want to go to DisneyLand, has anyone gone? Help me!

Briangwen7

Hey guys I just want to get your thoughts on Disneyland and what would be the best way for me & Joseph to go on a budget. We are really excited and want to try going to DisneyLand but I've read so many things that I just want to be able to be informed and plan it well. What do you guys think, and what should I do? Hotels, tickets, hotel, food etc.
Thanks For Your Help! <3

journ116

I'd be interested in what this thread produces, because my family and I are wondering the same thing! We've toured WDW numerous times, with yet another trip planned in June 2013, but we really, really want to experience "the park that started it all!"

Thanks for starting this!

Upvote 0

erstwo

I'm right there with journ116 - I priced a trip to DL this morning!

I do know that once we decide we're going, I'll be booking through a Kingdom Konsultant travel agent. They know all the ins and outs of Disneyland, and I know they'll let me know about all the best prices, etc. :)

ETA - there is a Disneyland forum on this site. You just need to look a little farther down to find it. From what I've read there, DL is a whole different animal than WDW - for example - the dining plan isn't at all the same. It's interesting info on that forum!

Upvote 0

PJean710

wife and I just went in July. we are "Wdw" people. however, we loved DL. It's very easy to get around. Everything is walkable. We stayed across the street and walked every day. so convenient. The two parks are like a highlight reel of WDW. It has the best of WDW rolled into two parks that you can walk between. World of Wonder beats anything at WDW, tho. Carsland is great to look at but Radiator Springs in the only ride worth the wait and its just like test track with different theming. The key to enjoying DL is to not compare it to WDW. It is its own park. The things that make WDW what it is is different and the things that make DL what it is, it does well. The only two draw backs are the cm's don't say have a magical day like in WDW and the food isn't as good and varied. Also, stay as close to the park as possible cuz LA traffic sucks!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I would start with the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. review the 3 on-property hotels Vs off property hotels. dining options etc. Disneyland is great but there are 2 parks Vs the 4 parks plus everything else at WDW. So you may want to plan accordingly and see what else there is to do in Southern California.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

On a budget? Gonna have to stay offsite. On property prices are outrageous. Agree with zurgandfriend RE the Unofficial Guide. Also w/raven24 about using the DLR section of the forum. Not as active as WDW, but you are more likely to get people who frequent DLR.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

We went once back in '04. We stayed literally across the street at Best Western Park Place inn. Entire resort is easy to get around on foot. Seems like Sat was the local day and crowded. We took a shuttle to/from the airport to avoid driving in the traffic. We bought are tickets through AAA before we arrived also. Would love to go again someday!

Upvote 0

Mukta

Hey guys I just want to get your thoughts on Disneyland and what would be the best way for me & Joseph to go on a budget. We are really excited and want to try going to DisneyLand but I've read so many things that I just want to be able to be informed and plan it well. What do you guys think, and what should I do? Hotels, tickets, hotel, food etc.
Thanks For Your Help! <3
Hey Brian. I am a DL local who visits almost every week.

I would recommend the Unoffical Guide as well. Definitely stay offsite. The super 8 hotel is walking distance and fairly cheap.
Plan on 4 to 5 days.
Go in the off season when plane tickets and hotels are cheaper. If you like Halloween at all, early October is a good time to go.
Stick to counter service meals or eat offsite to save some money. If I'm in town, we can meet up and utilize my discount.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Thanks For Your Help! <3

I went in Jan 2010. I was there for a conference so I stayed off site and it was cheaper then when I moved to the DL resort after the conference was over. We stayed at the Annabella Hotel and it was literally across the street. So really easy to walk to. Also, I found a deal on tickets through the disneyland.com website. It was a web special for a 5 day ticket and it was super cheap. I went in mid January.

Upvote 0

Briangwen7

Original Poster
Hey Brian. I am a DL local who visits almost every week.

I would recommend the Unoffical Guide as well. Definitely stay offsite. The super 8 hotel is walking distance and fairly cheap.
Plan on 4 to 5 days.
Go in the off season when plane tickets and hotels are cheaper. If you like Halloween at all, early October is a good time to go.
Stick to counter service meals or eat offsite to save some money. If I'm in town, we can meet up and utilize my discount.

Are your so sweet, I'd Love that!
Thanks Guys for all you input! <3

Upvote 0

coachwnh

We were there in June for 5 days (mon through fri) doing the parks for 4 days. We had a blast and I can't wait to return. Next time we will add at least one day and take our time more. We love WDW, but it was cool seeing DL!

Upvote 0

Californian Elitist

Maybe in May or October/November.

Okay, just a warning. If you go in October or November, the holiday versions of Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain (if you go in October) and "it's a small world" (November) will be up and running. The Space and small world overlays different, but they're changes are not as drastic as Mansion. As you may or may not know, starting from Halloween and all through Christmas, Haunted Mansion basically becomes The Nightmare Before Christmas. It is a COMPLETELY different ride. The overlays appeal to Disneyland guests and they're traditions to the park, but I've noticed a lot of WDW vets don't like the overlays. Plan accordingly!:D

Haunted Mansion Holiday (for Halloween and Christmas):

Reign%20of%20the%20Pumpkin%20King-M.jpg

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (for Halloween):

Space%20Mountain%20Ghost%20Galaxy-M.jpg

"it's a small world" Holiday (for Christmas):

It%27s%20a%20World%20of%20Christmas-M.jpg

Please feel free to message me or ask any more questions! I was born and raised in Los Angeles, and have been visiting Disneyland all my life.

Pictures: http://www.toursdepartingdaily.com/

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We are going May 31-June 8 or 9, 2013. I've posted a bit in the DLR forum the last couple days seeking information. Different isn't bad, I'm looking forward to the similarities and unique differences that DLR offers over WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom