I starred in the Backlot Tour Pre-Show!

chrisy76334

Original Poster
Ok, so my best friend is a CM and through her I've become good friends with other CM's. Well during my recent trip she thought it would be funny if we volunteered to be the deck crew for the tour Pre-show. My poor sister was stuck video taping :( Anyway it was awesome, and all we could manage to do the whole time was laugh. I posted the video on Youtube. I hope you all enjoy! :sohappy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLy7fANMRI

P.S. I have other video's, including one of us dancing in Block Party Bash! (again my sister was the camera woman...poor sister:cry:) I'll post those later.

Cynderella

My brother, uncle and cousins were chosen the one trip. It was sooo funny. Unfortunatly none of us had a video camera. My brother was the lucky one who got the tons of water dumped on him.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My brother, uncle and cousins were chosen the one trip. It was sooo funny. Unfortunatly none of us had a video camera. My brother was the lucky one who got the tons of water dumped on him.
I have sat in that ill fated seat twice now. I will say this. It is the least demanding of the 4 rolls. All you have to do is pick up a phone and hang on.

MKCP 1985

I got to be one of the guys on the deck, while my two kids were running around wiping things down and dodging bullets.

That was a lot of fun for us. - much more fun to be the participant than to watch, I'm sure.

Too bad Disney doesn't videotape it and sell it to the people who get picked. Who ever thought the company that gets dinged for having a gift shop at the exit to most every ride would let those $$$ get away from park guests who had the opportunity to star in a video production? :lol:

rainfully

I was in that seat as well. :ROFLOL:

It was a few years ago... me and my friend were the first two in line for the next tour.... the CM's looked at us, said "you guys look like fun... come with us!" Unfort. it was just the two of us, so no one to video tape. It was such a huge surprise as I hadn't been on the tour in years and completely forgot about that part.

chrisy76334

Original Poster
I wish I got to see the playback. My friend and I were watching my sister's reaction to the playback and she was in tears from laughing so hard:ROFLOL:. It was a fun experience and I would totally volunteer again!

wdwmomof3

They asked us if anyone in our party would like to be in the preshow. I tried to get my daughter & her friend to do it, but they were not old enough, they were both 13. Once they saw what they were going to have to do it was so funny. My DD did not remember the show:lol:. I guess it's a good thing because we had a ADR after we finished the tour.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think I have some pictures on my home PC. I'll see if I can find them and upload them to the site tonight.

pacochran

Congradulations that is fun. Two years ago I was selected and got to be the one with the water being dumped on them. My kids loved it. To bad we didn't have the camcorder.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife and I were on the PT boat on our honeymoon...we have video of us donning the garb backstage right before the garb allowed us to get wet anyway.

doop

My Dad, brother, and I were chosen last year to be in the pre-show. I was the captain, that was a lot of fun. :D

KaliSplash

This is the best part of the Back Lot Tour. My family has had the high honor and privilege. My wife served as the captain, my sons as the deck hands.

I manned the engine room. Master Yoda is right, all you have to do is pick up the phone and hang on! It was a blast. Quite literally :) :) :)

MAGICFLOP

No offense, but my proudest accomplishment in all my trips to WDW, was not to be picked for any live action. I know some of you love it and I am glad you do. I just am happier as a spectator:sohappy:

jtwyatt

I got to ride on the bee from Honey I Shrunk The Kids when it used to be in the back lot tour

Me too....Back when the studio was actualy a studio...I loved how you would walk through and see the different Shows being taped, and movies being worked on. As a kid I thought that was the coolest thing ever!!

DizneyPryncess

Your video brought back such great memories! :)

My fiance & his brothers were picked to be the two on the deck last year, I was just given a front spot to tape. We didn't have a camcorder, so I used the camera to tape 30 seconds, which obviously isn't as good of quality as yours! I was laughing hysterically, I love this part of the back lot tour too!

Mikester71

Ok, so my best friend is a CM and through her I've become good friends with other CM's. Well during my recent trip she thought it would be funny if we volunteered to be the deck crew for the tour Pre-show. My poor sister was stuck video taping :( Anyway it was awesome, and all we could manage to do the whole time was laugh. I posted the video on Youtube. I hope you all enjoy! :sohappy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLy7fANMRI

P.S. I have other video's, including one of us dancing in Block Party Bash! (again my sister was the camera woman...poor sister:cry:) I'll post those later.

Awesome! :sohappy:

drp4video

I have been on deck three times, and my daughter has been on deck three times and in the seat once.

Something about us, whenever we show up at the ride, they pick us.

We know our parts by heart and don't need to be trained. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom