I saw a croc in the AK!!

Goofyernmost

Many years back on the families first trip (early 90's) I remember us driving along going out to the space coast and you could see plenty on the sides of the road... Now doesn't seem like so much (or maybe as a teen it seemed like more than it was)
I've always been a little suspicious of the ones by the sides of the road at the space coast. I have gone plenty of times and usually in 2 to 3 year intervals. There has been one BIG one, that has been in the exact same spot year after year. Coincidence...I think not!

PUSH

I saw one in RoA year ago as we were crossing over to TSI. I thought it was going for a duck in the water, but it wasn't.

RonAnnArbor

There are alligators all over WDW -- usually not big huge 6-footers, but there are some of those as well -- anywhere in Florida there is open water, you'll find alligators -- they live in the water but can walk on land wherever they want -- no way to keep them out.
I've seen them in the back waterway to the left of the train in MK; there is a big one that lives in the big pond in front of Riverside, sometimes you can see it from the bus.
I've also seen them at Animal Kingdom in the waterway near the old boat landings.

DABIGCHEEZ

This one is from Saratoga Springs in 2012...taken from bridge from Springs to The Paddock.

This is a little guy we saw at AK...in '09

Have seen them in most resorts, parks, and canals in WDW... most people just dont pay attention enough to notice them. I have other pics somewhere on them from the lake in front of Kidani Village, over at CB Resort, OKW Resort, the lake between BCV and Boardwalk and in water off dock at FW. Also have seen them in the DTD lake. Best thing was seeinf a Otter frolick around the Lego Dragon though.

luv

Original Poster
I keep wondering where the one in the AK came from.

Yes, he was in a big body of water...but it is surrounded by a theme park! He did he get there? Wander in through the park at night?

I'm loving reading all about these gator sightings. Maybe I just need to pay more attention.

The thing really did look like a stick at first, though!

Tip Top Club

When I first moved to Central Florida it took me almost three years to see one for the first time, but since then I've been seeing them constantly. Snakes too. ugh.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
As you come into DAK on the bus there is a pond across the road from the CM parking lot. Last year when we went in Feb there was a 3' - 4' gator sunning himself along the bank.

luv

Original Poster
When I first moved to Central Florida it took me almost three years to see one for the first time, but since then I've been seeing them constantly. Snakes too. ugh.
Snakes. Yes. Found one in the pool. Ugh. Better than a croc, I suppose.

Maybe I'll see more now, lol. :)

MightyMouse

We saw one at AK last year as well. He was just hangin' out with a turtle buddy. There was a cast member (who looked like he was 12 years old) that was "standing guard" to make sure no one got to close.

DManRightHere

Im cracking up all of the confusion of "crocs in the wild"..."no, those are alligators" and "theres alligators in killimanjaro"..again, "no, those are crocodiles"

I just cried a little laughing. Does anyone on here live in Fl? Lol

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
seen one in the main lake at coronado springs.Also seen a lagre snake crossing the pathway just ahead of us at pop century (that freaked me out more)
Also seen an armadillo one year :D

AndyS2992

Thought these would be if interest :p Splash Mountain is a popular spot for gators to chill lol

And elsewhere in Magic Kingdom

Snakes like WDW too :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom