I need to vent!!

tink66

Original Poster
I have to vent so I'm all excited because I'm going on this cruise for my anniversary. I tell people at work and they laugh and say A Disney cruise ha ha what about all the children on the cruise. I say children don't bother me but Disney also has many adult only areas. Why can't people be happy that you love Disney and Disney cruises??? Thanks for letting me vent guys

tink66

Original Poster
Thanks!! We are also going without our daughter. I love Disney and love Disney cruise sooo much!! We didn't do half or even a quarter of the stuff for adults on the cruise.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When I hear the "what about all the kids" argument come up, I begin to wonder, do no other cruise lines have children and family on board?

Are they unaware that there are adult only sections of the ship?

And, I sort of want to reply...I would take kids over inebriated gamblers and party animals roaming the decks...

Grins

Tonka's Skipper

We all know that *they* don't know what they are talking about.

Went ever we find someone that put DCL down, I simply tell them the facts and if they still act like a know it all.......I tell them to come back and talk to me about it after they try a DCL cruise.

That usually quiets them down!

AKK

NiarrNDisney

I would tell them to check travel sites and magazines that have polls voted on by the public and travel professionals that state how the Disney ships are the best in the big ship category. Maybe then they will change their opinions! Plus think about some of the other companies like Carnival which hasn't had the best year reputation wise due to their two incidents with ships breaking down! And if that doesnt work tell them to buzz off because it's your money and your trip and you are allowed to do whatever you want! You have firends here at WDWMagic that are happy for you so be excited and enjoy your trip!

tink66

Original Poster
When I hear the "what about all the kids" argument come up, I begin to wonder, do no other cruise lines have children and family on board?

Are they unaware that there are adult only sections of the ship?

And, I sort of want to reply...I would take kids over inebriated gamblers and party animals roaming the decks...

Grins
AGREED!!

tink66

Original Poster
I would tell them to check travel sites and magazines that have polls voted on by the public and travel professionals that state how the Disney ships are the best in the big ship category. Maybe then they will change their opinions! Plus think about some of the other companies like Carnival which hasn't had the best year reputation wise due to their two incidents with ships breaking down! And if that doesnt work tell them to buzz off because it's your money and your trip and you are allowed to do whatever you want! You have firends here at WDWMagic that are happy for you so be excited and enjoy your trip!
:)

dizneydreamer27

My husband and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on the Fantasy this past September without our kids. People said the same thing to us. One of the best trips we have been on and there is no better cruise line out there. Disney is clean, amazing service, great food and lots of fun entertainment! I will never go on another cruise ship besides Disney. We love going to the parks with our kids but it is so relaxing and so much fun on the ship without them. There are most definitely lots of adult only places and the ships are so big and have so much to do that large amounts of kids aren't always around. We met 2 great couples on the ship who we were lucky enough to have as our dinner mates which also added to our experience. Lots of adults on the ships with no kids and some have gone 12-13 times! In fact we booked another adult only cruise next September. Forget what people who don't love Disney say. Enjoy your cruise!

FlyTriPacer

I get grief at work from a couple of folks, especially when I buy my lunch w/my Disney Visa. Mostly fom my boss, I figure he's just jealous... My wife and I are planning to go on our 3rd Disney cruise in the fall of 2015 (2nd w/out kids). I do catch a lot of grief as our trips near (you know close, like 9 months) because I take my lunch to surf Disney sites...

Luckily there's another guy at work who is going back soon so we can talk Disney. See if you can find another Disney person and talk to them. And don't sweat what others say!

Enjoy your cruise!

ginadee

I have a joke and teasingly say Disney is no place for kids. Im just being funny because Im a Disney fanatic with no kids. Ive done the cruise twice. Once with my dad and once with a girlfriend. I get the same comment about all the kids on Disney cruise but Ive been on so many other cruises and the pool is always FULL of kids. Disney is actually the only one where we were never around any kids the whole trip. Not at dinner or the clubs or the all adult pool and island. Disney definitely caters to every age group.

RickEff

I've been on Carnival and Disney so far - and soon will be going on Royal Caribbean. It's always been without children travelling with us. Now, most of my experience has been with Disney and the Carnival Cruise was the worst experience of any vacation I've ever taken (to the point that we said on the second day we'd rather have been at work) so that may influence some of my perception.

With regard to kids on the cruise though I found Disney did a MUCH better job of giving kids something to do so they simply weren't around a lot. Sure, in the family pool area they were there, splashing, running, squealing - just like they ought to! They're kids! But, in the adult areas, Disney did a really good job of ushering kids out (politely in the Disney Way) than Carnival did. I've heard similar things from friends who've been on other Cruise Lines.

So - true, there are more kids on a Disney Cruise - but they have so much to do, you notice them less if you choose to frequent adult areas of the ships.

LSU_Tigger

What I love is the people that are shocked you go to Disney or a Disney cruise with out kids and hate on us, but we(Disney crazies) are the first ones they ask for advice when they swallow that crow or have their foot half way to their stomach cause they now booked a trip. Those are fun moments.
I feel your pain with this tink66 and sorry I vented a little on this. HAHA

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom