I need help WDW friends regarding trip change to April!

Jasper Dale

i just found out that we have to reschedule our next trip to WDW :(

we are scheduled to leave at the end of february, but because of my job, we have to postpone it to april, 2010.

we always go to WDW in March and i am totally unfamiliar with the crowds, events, etc. in april.

can you guys help me figure out which week in april to plan our trip? it will be for 8 days and we can schedule any week of the month, but i need to make arrangements ASAP.

ugh! i was so looking forward to seeing the world next month, but i guess i can wait a bit longer. any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

this forum has helped us so much over the past few years in planning our WDW trips. thanks so much!

your chum,

Christopher M.

DizneyPryncess

Easter falls on April 4th this year, and you will want to avoid that at all costs. It's extremely crowded at WDW during and around Easter. I'm going the last week of April, because I figured it was the farthest possible time from Easter during the month. I would recommend you going during the last week, if possible, too. This also helps you avoid Spring Break crowds, which will be there earlier in the month.

The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will be going on, but that lasts all spring so you don't have to worry about people mobbing in to see it. It's spread out around Epcot, and is very pretty. Star Wars weekends don't start until the following month, so you'll be able to avoid those too. I don't know of any other events going on near that time.

Upvote 0

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
Easter falls on April 4th this year, and you will want to avoid that at all costs. It's extremely crowded at WDW during and around Easter. I'm going the last week of April, because I figured it was the farthest possible time from Easter during the month. I would recommend you going during the last week, if possible, too. This also helps you avoid Spring Break crowds, which will be there earlier in the month.

The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will be going on, but that lasts all spring so you don't have to worry about people mobbing in to see it. It's spread out around Epcot, and is very pretty. Star Wars weekends don't start until the following month, so you'll be able to avoid those too. I don't know of any other events going on near that time.

dizney pryncess, we are leaning towards the last week in april as well. do you know what the crowd projections are for that week? my "touringplans.com" subscription expired in january and i don't think i will be buying another unofficial guide this year, so i don't know what the crowds are going to be like.

thanks so much for all the info!

Upvote 0

KevGuy

I know massachusetts has school vacation the week of April 19-23, but I also believe that Conn, NY, and NJ also have that week as well. So it will be VERY crowded that week. We go to Disney almost every year that week we are getting a head start and leaving the week before on wed the 15th to get a head start lol. Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

Jasper Dale

Original Poster
we are thinking of going the last week of april. i am not too worried about crowd levels as we usually hit the parks at open and leave around 11 or 11:30 and usually are in World Showcase late afternoon.

i guess that's the good thing about going to WDW frequently. you kind of know when to go to what attraction.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

I know massachusetts has school vacation the week of April 19-23, but I also believe that Conn, NY, and NJ also have that week as well. So it will be VERY crowded that week. We go to Disney almost every year that week we are getting a head start and leaving the week before on wed the 15th to get a head start lol. Good luck! :wave:

first off i am so glad you started this thread lol you asked my exact question lol

i was scheduled in march and always go in march but i have to reschedule till april and i am also going as the poster above april 15th till april 21st

so any advance ? will the crowds be crazy more so than the first week in march? when i usually go? and what about weather? is it much more rainy?

thanks!

heather

Upvote 0

Philo

Ditto - my wife and I are booked for 4/20 thru 4/28. The bad news? We will get wacked by Grad Night at the MK :(

I didn't really see any big effect on the crowds during Grad Night. Obviously MK was closed and it took us a very, very long time to get from our resort (AKL) to the Poly for dinner reservations due to road closures / diversions etc.

I'd rather take one afternoon / evening of slight crowds and a closed park over a full 8 days of heavy crowds.

Upvote 0

disneyny

I live in upstate NY and we also have that week of April 19-23 so i am guessing most of the NE does as someone else posted above. I am thinking the last week is sure to be your best bet!

Upvote 0

karenatwdw

we always go around the 23rd or 24th it is always nice the crowds are not bad nice weather. It is also the international garden and flower show at epcot. It is really fun.

Upvote 0

WIX

I went 28APR05 to 05MAY05 and it was wonderful for crowd levels, but hotter than hades with matching humidity . . . that heat/humidity was super icky

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom