I need a vacation

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Although this is not really parks or cruise related, it is Disney related. My DD has been doing the Disney Store Summer events to get the bands. My DW and DD usually go to the mall on Saturdays to complete it. They were thinking of going today but we had a soccer engagement that would have made the schedule too tight.

Well, it is a good thing they did not go today. When they would have gotten to the store, there was an active shooter in the mall today. At least it is still being called an active shooter. No bodies have been found so far and the mall has been fully evacuated thank goodness. Panic, fleeing people, stores on lockdown, and people completely frightened and in fear. I am thankful my family was not there and no one seriously injured. Only injuries reported are from people knocked down in the mobs fleeing and some heat exhaustion as the people were sequestered in areas outside in the heat.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Although this is not really parks or cruise related, it is Disney related. My DD has been doing the Disney Store Summer events to get the bands. My DW and DD usually go to the mall on Saturdays to complete it. They were thinking of going today but we had a soccer engagement that would have made the schedule too tight.

Well, it is a good thing they did not go today. When they would have gotten to the store, there was an active shooter in the mall today. At least it is still being called an active shooter. No bodies have been found so far and the mall has been fully evacuated thank goodness. Panic, fleeing people, stores on lockdown, and people completely frightened and in fear. I am thankful my family was not there and no one seriously injured. Only injuries reported are from people knocked down in the mobs fleeing and some heat exhaustion as the people were sequestered in areas outside in the heat.

Very sorry to hear about this latest lunacy. Glad that you and your family are safe.

JIMINYCR

Glad your DW & DD avoided the trip to the mall and were safe. So many times we are blessed by some random happening which keeps us away from a dangerous situation. Unfortunately, some people just are in the wrong place at the wrong time. WE ALL need a vacation from the craziness going on in the world.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
In the end, it turns out to be nothing. They have not found shell casings or anything. There were definitely shots heard. For one reason or another, the police are not stating the obvious. There is a game store where all the commotion started. I believe now someone just cranked the sound up on some game, people heard it, and people ran in a panic. It makes sense because it is next to the food court and that is where it all started.

Goofyernmost

In the end, it turns out to be nothing. They have not found shell casings or anything. There were definitely shots heard. For one reason or another, the police are not stating the obvious. There is a game store where all the commotion started. I believe now someone just cranked the sound up on some game, people heard it, and people ran in a panic. It makes sense because it is next to the food court and that is where it all started.
Yup, an absolute proof that people are easily panicked. The only injuries were from people being injured by the mob trying to escape the "sound". I sure am glad I wasn't in the mall that day, although, I do go there often to Mall Walk. People were injured by stampede and heat exhaustion because they had to stand outside after being evacuated and were no where near their cars for hours. It was one of the hottest days in NC this summer. I think a heat index of 107. All that cost and expense when it was what you said or somebody dropped their tray on the floor in the food court. The same thing happened a day or two later at JFK. They interviewed some lady that said, and I quote... "I'm a country girl and I know what a gunshot sounds like and that was a gunshot". My question is how would a country girl know what a gunshot would sound like in a mall. I don't think she would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom