Trip Report I must have WDW fever!? (completed)

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
DSC02693.JPG

We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

After Splash Mountain we had another Fastpass+ scheduled. We made the decision to use one for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. This is unusual for us but we really wanted to see it with a good view. We saw the parade last summer but not with the best views so we thought this would be helpful. We were glad we did because the view of the parade was great! The only problem was it was so hot and waiting in the sun got a little difficult. I ended up running over to the Confectionery for waters while we waited. That helped but the heat was still powerful. Once the parade started it was so good that we forgot about how hot we were. :)

The best part of the parade! ;) The misting fan section!! They came by and sprayed us while we waited. :joyfull:
IMG_2188.JPG

Festival of Fantasy :D (Here are a few of my favorites)
IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2199 (2).JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2227 (2).JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2238.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2244 (2).JPG

They need to make a CD with this music! :)

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

After watching the Festival of Fantasy Parade we decided a treat would be good. My mom wanted ice cream so she we went off to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. I decided I would get my treat at the Main Street Confectionery. We decided to meet up at the Tomorowland Terrace Restaurant. It wouldn't be air conditioned there but at least it was in the shade. I also got us a couple ice waters from the restaurant.

My mom had a sundae with both cake batter and chocolate ice cream. She said it was just about the best thing she ever ate.
DSC03158.JPG

When I got to the Confectionery I had a hard time picking. I ended up picking a Mickey rice krispie treat covered with M&Ms. This was also delicious!
IMG_2257.JPG

Okay, I want another one right now! Disney, please send me your recipe with any special ingredients! :hungry: :inlove:
IMG_2258.JPG

We watched Dream Along With Mickey while we sat and drank our ice water and ate our treats. How perfect is the Magic Kingdom?!
IMG_2259.JPG

We got to talking about what else we wanted to get done on our last day there. We both decided that it would be fun to run to Epcot to see Illuminations then go back to the Magic Kingdom to finish the night. Walking out I took some more pictures of the balloons. Someday I will get one. :happy:
IMG_2260.JPG

Time for a Monorail ride! :D
IMG_2276.JPG

Monorail air conditioning! :inlove:
DSC03174.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

I've never ridden the tram. Maybe one day I'll live there and ride it often. :D
IMG_2278.JPG

We made it to Epcot!
IMG_2279.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

IMG_2282.JPG

We didn't really have any plans at Epcot other than seeing Illuminations later. There wasn't a long line for Spaceship Earth so we went on that first. I can't remember exactly what our Future movie told us. We saw a health related one because at some point in the movie my mom's arm broke. It was easily healed though, and it showed us skiing again in no time.
IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2300.JPG

We next went over to the Innoventions building for another Visa Meet & Greet photo. The line wasn't long so the time waiting went quickly. This time we saw Mickey and Goofy.
IMG_2302.JPG

The other ride we wanted to do yet again was Living with the Land. Of course, Soarin' would have been great too but that line was very long. We were able to get right on the boat and we were given the front. I was glad to be able to ride this once again.
IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

corey154

We had no issues finding a seat today at Be Our Guest, like you said! :) Also thanks to your post I remembered to stop at the Visa character meet and greet, but then it was raining and we forgot to pick up our free picture. Next time! I'm really enjoying your trip report. I hate to see it coming to an end!

disneypearl

Original Poster
We had no issues finding a seat today at Be Our Guest, like you said! :) Also thanks to your post I remembered to stop at the Visa character meet and greet, but then it was raining and we forgot to pick up our free picture. Next time! I'm really enjoying your trip report. I hate to see it coming to an end!

So glad you didn't run into any problems at Be Our Guest! Too bad about the picture. There are so many distractions at Disney that things are easy to forget! Thanks, I am enjoying writing about my trip and will be sad it's over. It has been nice to relive it! I'll have to keep busy by reading other people's reports.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

After our boat ride in the Land we went and saw the movie clip of Inside Out. My mom and I wanted to see this movie before our trip but we never had time. We did see it after our trip was over and enjoyed it. It was fun to see the scene they showed at Disney in the theater.
IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317 (2).JPG

After watching the movie clip we took some time to watch the jumping water fountain. I did my best to get a good photo but my timing was way off. Oh well.
IMG_2319.JPG

It was time for us to be going over to the World Showcase. It was then we thought about getting something for dinner. We weren't sure on what we should get and ended up going to America and eating at Liberty Inn. Last year I got the New York Strip Steak there and it tasted really good for counter service. I decided to give it another try. My mom went with All-American Burger. My steak wasn't as good as last year but it was still good.
IMG_2322.JPG

DSC03208.JPG

When I was in line someone came up and asked for refills of soda. They gave them to him and he went back to his family. I asked if they gave refills of soda and she said yes. I never knew this! Is this really a thing there? Do all counter service restaurants give refills of soda? I did go back up and got a refill of Sprite with no problem. o_O

When we entered Epcot earlier we had checked for Fastpass+ options. Nothing was open except for rides you really didn't need one for. We chose to once again get one for Illuminations. We went to our spot and got ready to enjoy.
IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

We made our way out of Epcot and made one more walk through of Mouse Gear. Ii is always sad to leave a park for the last time on a trip. Epcot and Magic Kingdom are always the hardest.
IMG_2340.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

Last edited:

MRGEFF

June 30 continued

After Splash Mountain we had another Fastpass+ scheduled. We made the decision to use one for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. This is unusual for us but we really wanted to see it with a good view. We saw the parade last summer but not with the best views so we thought this would be helpful. We were glad we did because the view of the parade was great! The only problem was it was so hot and waiting in the sun got a little difficult. I ended up running over to the Confectionery for waters while we waited. That helped but the heat was still powerful. Once the parade started it was so good that we forgot about how hot we were. :)

The best part of the parade! ;) The misting fan section!! They came by and sprayed us while we waited. :joyfull:
View attachment 109545

Festival of Fantasy :D (Here are a few of my favorites)
View attachment 109546

View attachment 109547

View attachment 109548

View attachment 109550

View attachment 109552

View attachment 109553

View attachment 109555

View attachment 109558

View attachment 109561

They need to make a CD with this music! :)
Talk about heat! Just what Florida needs, a fire breathing dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRGEFF

June 30 continued

After our boat ride in the Land we went and saw the movie clip of Inside Out. My mom and I wanted to see this movie before our trip but we never had time. We did see it after our trip was over and enjoyed it. It was fun to see the scene they showed at Disney in the theater.
View attachment 110046

View attachment 110047

After watching the movie clip we took some time to watch the jumping water fountain. I did my best to get a good photo but my timing was way off. Oh well.
View attachment 110048

It was time for us to be going over to the World Showcase. It was then we thought about getting something for dinner. We weren't sure on what we should get and ended up going to America and eating at Liberty Inn. Last year I got the New York Strip Steak there and it tasted really good for counter service. I decided to give it another try. My mom went with All-American Burger. My steak wasn't as good as last year but it was still good.
View attachment 110054

View attachment 110055

When I was in line someone came up and asked for refills of soda. They gave them to him and he went back to his family. I asked if they gave refills of soda and she said yes. I never knew this! Is this really a thing there? Do all counter service restaurants give refills of soda? I did go back up and got a refill of Sprite with no problem. o_O

When we entered Epcot earlier we had checked for Fastpass+ options. Nothing was open except for rides you really didn't need one for. We chose to once again get one for Illuminations. We went to our spot and got ready to enjoy.
View attachment 110062

View attachment 110066

View attachment 110073

We made our way out of Epcot and made one more walk through of Mouse Gear. Ii is always sad to leave a park for the last time on a trip. Epcot and Magic Kingdom are always the hardest.
View attachment 110076

View attachment 110077
We have so enjoyed checking the forums every few days and tagging along with you.Thanks for the ridealong. The good thing ( ?? ) about a trip to the World coming to the end is that you just start planning for the next one. Thanks again.

disneypearl

Original Poster
Talk about heat! Just what Florida needs, a fire breathing dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have so enjoyed checking the forums every few days and tagging along with you.Thanks for the ridealong. The good thing ( ?? ) about a trip to the World coming to the end is that you just start planning for the next one. Thanks again.

Yes, the dragon could have sprayed everyone with water instead of the added heat! That would have been better! :joyfull:
Thank you so much for reading! I don't know when my next trip will be but I have been thinking about it! :D

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 30 continued

We took the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. When we got off we saw the Electrical Water Pageant. We watched for only a moment because we needed to get into the Magic Kingdom. It was nice but our time now felt limited.
IMG_2346 (2).JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

We entered the Magic Kingdom a few minutes before Celebrate the Magic was to begin. We got a pretty good spot and we were really happy to see it once again. I didn't try to take photos this time and just watched.
IMG_2352.JPG

My mom and I knew our time was running out so we thought we would walk around and take it all in once more. We wandered around a little and found ourselves walking in New Fantasyland. It was then we took the opportunity to sing along once more with Ariel.
IMG_2353.JPG

DSC03229.JPG

IMG_2366.JPG

We then walked thru Cinderella Castle and I took a few photos of the tile mosaics. They are beautiful. It wasn't too crowded at the time so they were easier to see.
IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

The Electrical Parade was going on as we exited the Castle. We didn't get to see it perfectly but that was fine, we could see it fairly well.
DSC03234 (2).JPG

We decided that we had an early flight so we needed to exit the park. The park would be closing soon anyway so I ran into the Emporium to make some last minute purchases. It's funny how dangerous that is to shop just before leaving. Suddenly you feel like to need to get everything. It's like I felt I could take the park home with me if I bought enough. I was strong and didn't leave with the entire store. :happy:
IMG_2380.JPG

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
You guys had a wonderful trip! I so enjoyed reading along.
Thank you!

Loved the report! Those last moments of a trip are so bitter sweet.

Thanks for sharing! :)
Thank you! I'm glad you followed along!

So sad to see your report end - but glad I got to finish reading it before we leave tomorrow. Thanks for an awesome report!
Thanks! How exciting that you leave tomorrow! Enjoy your trip & tell Mickey I said hi!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom